United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2011, 11:36 PM
wonky no

Default so, barca or madrid

to make the final? i'll be hoping for madrid, should we get there and its a £#%&!ing task, i'd rather face them.

Unread 13-04-2011, 11:39 PM
elhombre

Default Re: so, barca or madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
to make the final? i'll be hoping for madrid, should we get there and its a £#%&!ing task, i'd rather face them.
i've had my £#%&!ing fill of facing german sides in the semi finals...

£#%&! dat.

Unread 13-04-2011, 11:57 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i've had my £#%&!ing fill of facing german sides in the semi finals...

£#%&! dat.
time to hit the ground running. we've been immense this season, not that any £#%&!er wants to give us credit. vermin like hansen talking about being abysmal etc etc. in the league we have been largely unbeaten despite losing valencia, rio, vidic, rooney, parky. plus having signings like mushy and smalling who have been more than equal to any other @#%&! in the league, if not europe.

we've beaten the rats, the arse and should we get through the semi against the liars, we'll no doubt play bolton. thats one hell of a cup route with two derbys in it.

we were unbeaten in the champions league groups, beat the billionaire at stamford bridge home and away on way through to the semi. we've blooded the twins at full back, on the wings and dealt with the £#%&!ing fa shafting us.

two really tricky semis coming up and the league is ours to lose but we're hitting some form right now. parky and val have been excellent, pea doesn't look like missing, carrick has upped his game lately, rooney is hungry and angry, giggs is a freak, rio is back and smalling is £#%&!ing sublime.

we need a bit of luck to go with our games and we're on for another treble. every tat will try and point the finger and say the league was easy this time. personally i think its been the hardest £#%&!ing league in a long while, all the clubs have taken points off each other and its been tight all the way down. not sure how that constitutes 'easy'

i'm taking nothing for granted and win or lose from this point forward we have to give ourselves a £#%&!ing hell of a lot of credit. no other @#%&! has come close.

Unread 14-04-2011, 12:00 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: so, barca or madrid

Quote:
time to hit the ground running. we've been immense this season, not that any £#%&!er wants to give us credit. vermin like hansen talking about being abysmal etc etc. in the league we have been largely unbeaten despite losing valencia, rio, vidic, rooney, parky. plus having signings like mushy and smalling who have been more than equal to any other @#%&! in the league, if not europe.

we've beaten the rats, the arse and should we get through the semi against the liars, we'll no doubt play bolton. thats one hell of a cup route with two derbys in it.

we were unbeaten in the champions league groups, beat the billionaire at stamford bridge home and away on way through to the semi. we've blooded the twins at full back, on the wings and dealt with the £#%&!ing fa shafting us.

two really tricky semis coming up and the league is ours to lose but we're hitting some form right now. parky and val have been excellent, pea doesn't look like missing, carrick has upped his game lately, rooney is hungry and angry, giggs is a freak, rio is back and smalling is £#%&!ing sublime.

we need a bit of luck to go with our games and we're on for another treble. every tat will try and point the finger and say the league was easy this time. personally i think its been the hardest £#%&!ing league in a long while, all the clubs have taken points off each other and its been tight all the way down. not sure how that constitutes 'easy'

i'm taking nothing for granted and win or lose from this point forward we have to give ourselves a £#%&!ing hell of a lot of credit. no other @#%&! has come close.

we're the best team in Europee and have been the best team in the Champions League for the last five years, apart from one off night ...them are the facts

hopefully it will be Madrid in the final and while Schalke will be no pushover we will get there

Unread 14-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Neo

I'm just delighted at the prospect of another final tbh.

After 2008 I thought it would be a while before we got there again, then we made it to Rome 2009, and now we're close enough to start thinking about a THIRD Champion's League Final in four years!

Fergie really seems to have mastered European knockout football over the last few years, and but for the Rafael red-card against Bayern we could have been looking at the possibility of four straight European finals. That is ridiculous.

Schalke will be a tough tie, especially the away leg as they can make some £#%&!ing noise in that ground, and they've got a genuine legend of a striker who has history of hurting us in Europe. But we have to be favourites, and if we get to Wembley I'd like another crack at Barcelona. I think a few of our players would as well.

Unread 14-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Sparky***

I'd prefer real madrid. They are far from perfected under mourinho and there are more apparent weaknesses to exploit from our point of view.

I hope that these upcoming games against barcelona will drain the pair of them. Hopefully a couple of red cards in the 2nd semi final for key players.

Unread 14-04-2011, 12:31 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

I'd rather have Madrid, and said all along its got a United vs Madrid final written all over it. Over the two legs don't think they were that good against Spurs, and they are a little exposed in midfield where they require two guys to do all the work.

Just couldn't stomach facing Ronaldo and the possibility of he scoring the winner, but really think it could be Hernandez's year.

Unread 14-04-2011, 12:31 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I'm just delighted at the prospect of another final tbh.

After 2008 I thought it would be a while before we got there again, then we made it to Rome 2009, and now we're close enough to start thinking about a THIRD Champion's League Final in four years!

Fergie really seems to have mastered European knockout football over the last few years, and but for the Rafael red-card against Bayern we could have been looking at the possibility of four straight European finals. That is ridiculous.

Schalke will be a tough tie, especially the away leg as they can make some £#%&!ing noise in that ground, and they've got a genuine legend of a striker who has history of hurting us in Europe. But we have to be favourites, and if we get to Wembley I'd like another crack at Barcelona. I think a few of our players would as well.

despite the Barca hype we have dominated the Champions League for the last five years ...hopefully this year we will get our reward

Unread 14-04-2011, 06:37 AM
jem

the only game we've really deserved to lose was liverpool and one could blame the way the fixtures fell. we're certainly in an enviable position. but I can't even think about either final. especially with the germans. being favourites means nothing.

I'd like barcelona to beat madrid 5-0. madrid are evil. and beating barca would be more of a statement for us or schalke. not to mention no chance of bloody ronaldo winning it on his own.

Unread 14-04-2011, 06:51 AM
bcred

Beating the evil empire Madrid has a nice ring to it,I've always had a soft spot for Barca,even sat with the buggers in Rome they were gracious.

It will be difficult watching Ronnie I'll admit,Messi scares me to death the way he runs at defences. So Madrid hopefully.

And we shouldn't underestimate any German team.

Good post Wonks.

Unread 14-04-2011, 06:58 AM
bcred

interesting point made about cards,does anyone know the situ for all 4 teams?

Unread 14-04-2011, 07:37 AM
elephantstone

How many players do we have on 2 yellows?

Unread 14-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Albert Tatlock

Schalke are no mugs. I think we'll beat them over two games, but theres always the possibility of a slip up here

chickens and accountancy and all that

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:02 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

IF we make it past Schalke (and we need to careful here as our record against German sides isn't the greatest) I prefer to have a bash at Barca. Schalke in the first leg showed just how frail then can be at the back and ralistically should have been a couple of goals up. Okay that was without Abidal or Puyol in the side but I reckon there is hay to be made against them and we have revenge to think of.

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:05 AM
believe

if we beat Schalke both will beat us so i'm not too fussed.

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:15 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

I think all the talk of our record against 'German' opposition counts for nowt.

Dortmund, Leverklausen, bayern, Schalke have as much in common as we do with any 3 random teams from the prem. We are playing a team that has got to the semi finals of the EC so they are quality. Don't see the fact that they are German has anything to do with it whatsoever.

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:28 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I think all the talk of our record against 'German' opposition counts for nowt.

Dortmund, Leverklausen, bayern, Schalke have as much in common as we do with any 3 random teams from the prem. We are playing a team that has got to the semi finals of the EC so they are quality. Don't see the fact that they are German has anything to do with it whatsoever.

Indeed. But that won't stop the media banging on about our past failures against German teams. And you will see 2 page spreads in all the rags pointing out our poor record against them.

It won't be easy. But we ought to have enough in our locker to beat these, home and away

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:42 AM
PaulParkers

I'd prefer Madrid but Ronaldo will scare the shit out of me. He is so good.

Unread 14-04-2011, 08:46 AM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: so, barca or madrid

Quote:

wonky no

I'd just like to be in the final at this point, I think. Whatever will be, will be. Same goes for the FA Cup. 1 Game at a time, starting with the next one.

Unread 14-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Stickman

Madrid - so we dont have to wear the lame all white kit
in all seriousness, Utd Madrid would be £#%&!ing epic build up.
Closed Thread