United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Zorg

This takes me back to the RI forum. Some @#%&! starts a thinly-veiled poke at FC United - and yes, it is funny, thingamybob is shit going forward anyway - and then people respond to it by saying that FC fans should shut up

Sorry antonin, amusing as your team selection jokes on this thread are I just don't take seriously anyone not from Manchester who has a dig at FC, for fun or otherwise.

I've said it before - some people don't realise how much they sound like the bitters when they talk about FC United. Shame really.

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sorry antonin, amusing as your team selection jokes on this thread are I just don't take seriously anyone not from Manchester who has a dig at FC, for fun or otherwise.
What does being from Manchester have to do with it? I thought everyone was welcome at FC?

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
What does being from Manchester have to do with it? I thought everyone was welcome at FC?
Where did I say they weren't?

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Ether

Quote:
Where did I say they weren't?
You didn't. But what does someone being from Manchester have to do with whether they can take the piss out of FC or not?

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
You didn't. But what does someone being from Manchester have to do with whether they can take the piss out of FC or not?
Because it means I can't take them seriously. I thought I just said that

Surely you can see how idiotic it is to have a cockney, welshman or a geordie telling me what football team I'm allowed to support?

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
This takes me back to the RI forum. Some @#%&! starts a thinly-veiled poke at FC United - and yes, it is funny, thingamybob is shit going forward anyway - and then people respond to it by saying that FC fans should shut up

I've said it before - some people don't realise how much they sound like the bitters when they talk about FC United. Shame really.
I'm not anti-FC, but I haven't got the first idea how City slagging off United, and United taking the piss out of FC are similar - or could sound similar. I've heard this stance used in these arguments before. What does it mean, exactly?

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Ether

Quote:
Surely you can see how idiotic it is to have a cockney, welshman or a geordie telling me what football team I'm allowed to support?
Where has anyone told you what team to support? Ffs, see the drama queens are out in force again

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I'm not anti-FC, but I haven't got the first idea how City slagging off United, and United taking the piss out of FC are similar - or could sound similar. I've heard this stance used in these arguments before. What does it mean, exactly?
That's not what people have said.

Some people sound like bitters when they go off on a rant about FC.
E.g. salford lad off RI, and various others. It refers to the way they use childish names - 'FC Chelski of Bury' for instance - claim 'they're not real fans' and 'they don't even play in Manchester'. Sound familiar?

Like I say it's just some people, by no means everyone who has a pop at FC.

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Where has anyone told you what team to support? Ffs, see the drama queens are out in force again
How about the 5 billion or so Red Issue threads since July 2005?
Or did I imagine those? Perhaps the Fred Tissue policy is to pretend they never took place?
Sheesh.

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That's not what people have said.

Some people sound like bitters when they go off on a rant about FC.
E.g. salford lad off RI, and various others. It refers to the way they use childish names - 'FC Chelski of Bury' for instance - claim 'they're not real fans' and 'they don't even play in Manchester'. Sound familiar?

Like I say it's just some people, by no means everyone who has a pop at FC.
furry muff. just wondered. watched a bit of the bacup game on fcumtv. what happened to that bloke's leg? don't know his name, soz, but it looked a bit nasty. this might be the wrong forum though!

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Nobody has told anybody what team to support...

The fact that the FC mafia are here in prevalance is enough to irritate folk though

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:31 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Suedeshoes is one of the main contributors to the FC fanzine, no wonder he gives it the hard-sell

See, what I don't understand is this:

People walk away from Utd, that is their decision.

They have their own club, their own forum, their "own rules"

Why then, do they come onto Fred (which was set-up after they walked-away) and still try and convince people that FC is great and they are missing out!

Fred is younger than FC, the majority of people on here couldnt give two shits about FC and are never likely to!

I am loath to say it, but the FC fans on United forums remind me of the Jehova's Witnesses who invade where I live every couple of weeks
.......and you remind me of Mary Whitehouse and the legions of decency poring over the TV schedules for some risque programme so that they could be suitably outraged.She also had the backing of the "majority of people" just like you

The advice any sane person would have given her was ,don't watch it then if it upsets you that much.So an equally simple solution is if you see a thread with FC in the title don't open it then you won't have to get so emotional

Unless like her you want to cause a fuss about nothing

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Riverside

Quote:
I am loath to say it, but the FC fans on United forums remind me of the Jehova's Witnesses who invade where I live every couple of weeks
Hey! I live on a prison planet, and was stacked with billions of others in a volcano and an alien named Xenu set off a hydrogen bomb on us. That isn't pleasant, you know.

Unread 19-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Suedeshoes is one of the main contributors to the FC fanzine, no wonder he gives it the hard-sell

See, what I don't understand is this:

People walk away from Utd, that is their decision.

They have their own club, their own forum, their "own rules"

Why then, do they come onto Fred (which was set-up after they walked-away) and still try and convince people that FC is great and they are missing out!

Fred is younger than FC, the majority of people on here couldnt give two shits about FC and are never likely to!

I was invited here by someone who knew full well I was an FC fan. I don't give a £#%&! what team people on here support, each to their own. I wasn't aware FT was only for MUFC fans, but if it is fair enough.

I have to agree about those who want to promote FC. They are only trying to create harmony and fair play to them, but I just think people have made their decisions now and there's no point trying to attract them to FC as they will come if they want and stay away if they don't. It's just amusing to see a non-FC fan start a thread about FC and then we get the blame.

Unread 20-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
It's just amusing to see a non-FC fan start a thread about FC and then we get the blame.
No apportioning of blame from me my friend, Im just sick to £#%&!ing death of each and every forum I am a member of being polluted by the FC argument (and I mean that it is being polluted by both sides!!!)

Nobody said FT is ONLY for MUFC fans, but for you to bring it up smacks of a poor attempt at splitting hairs!

Wether you like it or not, a lot of United fans are not into FC. We wouldn't accept bitters coming on here banging on about how the current owners of the club are ripping off reds left, right, and centre...

So why should we accept it off supporters of any other club?

My dad set-up a team at his local in which only United fans could play. If any f those middle-aged bastards had a go at me I'd bite their knees off

Unread 20-02-2007, 12:08 AM
borsuk

Default am i the only one

who supports (as in being a contributing member from the start) fc without 'walking away' from mufc? seems to me that they're hardly competing with each other.

i'm all in favour of local teams, fan-owned and controlled. but i've been a united fan since my dad took me when i was six. i'm still a united fan, and i'll always be a united fan. and no 'owner' will ever take the club, its history and traditions away from the city and the fans, whatever pieces of paper they hold. i was a part of united before the glazers and before martin £#%&!ing edwards, and i'll still be a part of it (or my children will) when the glazers are long gone.

good luck to fcum - i'd love it to succeed over the long term, and i'll be paying each year to help it. but fc isn't mufc, and mufc isn't going away or being taken away, whatever the glazers do.

Unread 20-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

So it would seem the politicos are well and truly here!

Subversive?...

Nah

Unread 20-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
.......and you remind me of Mary Whitehouse and the legions of decency poring over the TV schedules for some risque programme so that they could be suitably outraged.She also had the backing of the "majority of people" just like you

The advice any sane person would have given her was ,don't watch it then if it upsets you that much.So an equally simple solution is if you see a thread with FC in the title don't open it then you won't have to get so emotional

Unless like her you want to cause a fuss about nothing
Or maybe I want to watch this 'metaphorical programme' about being a United fan without the programme being interrupted by random references to FC!

Ever thought about that?

2 Uniteds but the soul is one? I kind of like that idea!

Im not one of these anti-FCUM types, It is just that I can see why people get annoyed by having it forced down their throats.

FT is supposed to be about getting back to the old days of RI, and it is doing so. However there is a certain FC contingent who wish to keep forcing the subject.

I suggest, if that is your intention then you should stick to RI! That way any FC ref will remain a bit of a joke as opposed to what this has degenerated into!

If the FC warriors feel they will be served the 'editorial' protection they had on RI then I for one hope they are wrong!

Unread 20-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Fred was doing well for a while there, people were talking football, about players , about goals about formations etc. There was also a bit of craic thrown in here and there and is was good. I'm all for that, and have been making a real effort to stick to those kinds of topics rather than going over the same ground that was covered on RI since the yank @#%&!s took over.

And then a thread like this appears. NFT.

Unread 20-02-2007, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Fred was doing well for a while there, people were talking football, about players , about goals about formations etc. There was also a bit of craic thrown in here and there and is was good. I'm all for that, and have been making a real effort to stick to those kinds of topics rather than going over the same ground that was covered on RI since the yank @#%&!s took over.

And then a thread like this appears. NFT.
It was supposed to be a laugh, I thought this place could handle this ublike Red Ish, I overestimated. Now I find out that as usual piss taking aint allowed when it comes to FC, particularly as I'm "not from Manchester".
Closed Thread