United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Firswood Red

Default Berbatov

anyone else amazed to see him start today?

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Sparky***

no not really. but i thought we should have subbed him with about 20 to go, just to be more solid. bear in mind he's not played league football at all this season.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Whalefish

After watching the game and the blank looks on Fergie and Phelan throughout, no.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:26 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
After watching the game and the blank looks on Fergie and Phelan throughout, no.
We are really going to miss Queiroz.

Phelan ffs. :shakehead:

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Camel

created 2 chances in the first 5 minutes, one lead to a goal one coulda/shoulda been a pen. showed a sublime first touch and fantastic distribution at times. so no.

i do agree he should've been subbed in the 2nd and rooney moved into the centre for at least the last 20. a bit of width and some quality crossing was seriously lacking.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

i really don't think a lot of people realise just how much of a loss he'll be.

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
created 2 chances in the first 5 minutes, one lead to a goal one coulda/shoulda been a pen. showed a sublime first touch and fantastic distribution at times. so no.

i do agree he should've been subbed in the 2nd and rooney moved into the centre for at least the last 20. a bit of width and some quality crossing was seriously lacking.
Agree with that.

Though Nani should have been first in line to supply width.Giggs was terrible (and I'm not a Giggs hater.).

Unread 13-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with that.

Though Nani should have been first in line to supply width.Giggs was terrible (and I'm not a Giggs hater.).
no he wasn't.

i also neglected to mention that our wide play paled into insignificance for ineptitude when compared with the cm. whenever we were under pressure the ball was played back and just hoofed upfield. we never replied in kind when they were in possession. which to my mind is the key reason they've not had a result against us in so long.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

I agree

never thought I'd see that day

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i really don't think a lot of people realise just how much of a loss he'll be.
He'll be even more of a loss if, as I think is the fear, we've replaced him with an utter pleb.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He'll be even more of a loss if, as I think is the fear, we've replaced him with an utter pleb.
well it's not as if we didn't give phelan a chance before is it? And we all know how that worked out.

Unread 13-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
First laugh of the afternoon

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Darth Vidic

Not sure how relevant it is to today's game, but if Phelan was the right man, why did it take so long to appoint him?

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

i said yesterday that i would've gone with just tevez and rooney, and left berbatov on the bench. what i saw today didn't convince me i was wrong.

i think it was unfair on him to play him from the start given his relative lack of football so far this season coupled with the occasion. he would've given us a lift if he'd have come on with 20-25 mins to go and had much more of an impact, imo.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Coracao

People overreacting

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
People overreacting

i wouldn't say anyone's overreacting in this thread. all of it was said pre-liverpool anyway.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i wouldn't say anyone's overreacting in this thread. all of it was said pre-liverpool anyway.
agreed, very little sign of doom

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
I would. It is the typical post-match defeat.

Blaming everyone but the players and the manager,.

Not Mike Phelan.

For me, the blame lies a lot with our goalkeeper, who completely £#%&!ed up and gave the iniative (sp?) to the scouse @#%&!s.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Coracao

p.s. i am pissed, so if i dont make sense, £#%&! off

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I would. It is the typical post-match defeat.

Blaming everyone but the players and the manager,.

Not Mike Phelan.

For me, the blame lies a lot with our goalkeeper, who completely £#%&!ed up and gave the iniative (sp?) to the scouse @#%&!s.
is the original post not blaming the manager for starting berbatov?
Closed Thread