United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Robbie Keane has some fascinating ideas about football.

In a response to fergie expressing surprise at his transfer to Liverpool, he responded with this rather astute comment :-

"I'm very surprised John O'Shea doesn't play for United every week," said Keane. "Football is about opinions and I respect everybody's opinion."

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He's right.

I'm sick we missed out on Keano 2.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
red @rmy

Is that a cut and paste from a football site?

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
In a response to fergie expressing surprise at his transfer to Liverpool, he responded with this rather astute comment :-

"I'm very surprised John O'Shea doesn't play for United every week," said Keane. "Football is about opinions and I respect everybody's opinion."
He's trying to goad Fegie into playing him all the time

Or maybe he's trying to unsettle O'Shea

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
MUFC One Love

You do know this @#%&! will score his first goal for them against us, don't you?

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Is that a cut and paste from a football site?

It's a quote from a footballer, is that OK with you? thought it might provoke a football discussion with maybe a bit of light piss taking of a dipper player. If that holds no interest for you then run along.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
You do know this @#%&! will score his first goal for them against us, don't you?
Hmmmm, I wouldn't say I "know" it.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I know this as fact.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I know this as fact.
You actually know as a fact that he'll score a hat-trick. To be fair tohim, if Torres doesn't play he may actually get played as a forwrad rather than wide, which'd giv e him a bettr chance of showing why the dippers signed him.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Mr_Ed

When did Fergie say this Bedders? I also remember a few years ago Fergus expressing his surprise that somebody paid £6m for him (Coventry City if memory serves)....

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM
red @rmy

Quote:

It's a quote from a footballer, is that OK with you? thought it might provoke a football discussion with maybe a bit of light piss taking of a dipper player. If that holds no interest for you then run along.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
When did Fergie say this Bedders? I also remember a few years ago Fergus expressing his surprise that somebody paid £6m for him (Coventry City if memory serves)....
Apparantly on Tuesday????

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Perfectly calm, just wanted to clarify. Would prefer this thread stays a football thread see.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Apparantly on Tuesday????
and what did he say exactly? Any linkage? I feel this thread is missing something concrete for me to hang my hat on.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

I wish the follow up question "Ahead of who, in what position?" had been asked, about O' Shea starting every week.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
and what did he say exactly? Any linkage? I feel this thread is missing something concrete for me to hang my hat on.
No, no, no, I'm not going there, had my fingers burnt on that score. Look at red @rmy's comment already.

Unread 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
borsuk

fergie's comments on keane were very perceptive (hardly a surprise tbh). something like he'd only pay half a million (keane had just gone to coventry for 6m) and then keane would have to spend six months in the reserves to learn to play.

Unread 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fergie's comments on keane were very perceptive (hardly a surprise tbh). something like he'd only pay half a million (keane had just gone to coventry for 6m) and then keane would have to spend six months in the reserves to learn to play.
Yeah I remember that, then Inter signed him for double! Unbelievable. I remember a report saying he turned up for training with his boots in a Tesco bag or something like that. Hugely over-rated imo

Unread 10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Pop

Quote:
Yep. High profile strikers (even though he's a crap @#%&!) always, ALWAYS end their goal droughts against us

Unread 10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Yep. High profile strikers (even though he's a crap @#%&!) always, ALWAYS end their goal droughts against us
I'm not saying you are wrong, I've never really noticed though, can you elaborate.
Closed Thread