United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2023, 03:32 PM
anxious63

No way can Sancho start he has been abysmal apart from a few games this season , looks like a frightened rabbit, martial must start and give Johan weighorst a rest ffs

Unread 03-04-2023, 04:28 PM
jem

de gea

wan b - varane - martinez - shaw

dalot - sabitzer - eriksen

fernandes

antony - martial

rashford needs a rest. tbh, bruno probably does, too. would consider playing sancho there. boost his confidence. almost tempted to play malacia and push shaw forward (especially if eriksen can't play), but it's already getting a bit mou-ish. but... brentford will play a midfield and we need ball-winners in midfield.

Unread 03-04-2023, 04:33 PM
dunk

Dalot in midfield? Jesus Christ. It’s 2014 again.

Unread 03-04-2023, 04:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dalot in midfield? Jesus Christ. It’s 2014 again.
would you rather The Scottish Player or fred?

Unread 03-04-2023, 04:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
would you rather The Scottish Player or fred?
Fair.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:02 PM
Baron

Fred is a nightmare but there at least exists the possibility he might put in a performance - we do need to play with 3 in the middle while Casemiro is unavailable. Brentford are a really decent side, bloody hope Eriksen is available to just be able to move the ball up the park with some quality and purpose rather than treating it as a live grenade.

Unread 04-04-2023, 08:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Fred is a nightmare but there at least exists the possibility he might put in a performance - we do need to play with 3 in the middle while Casemiro is unavailable. Brentford are a really decent side, bloody hope Eriksen is available to just be able to move the ball up the park with some quality and purpose rather than treating it as a live grenade.
Doubt very much we’ll see Eriksen. Can’t see ETH changing the shape of the side in the next two games tbh. He seems have confidence in the players coming in. Fred will come back in. Probably for The Scottish Player.

We just need to grind a couple of results out. Doesn’t need to be pretty, but I’d like to see more £#%&!ing fight than the weekend. We can talk personnel all day, but the attitude was piss poor.

Unread 04-04-2023, 08:10 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rashford needs a rest.
Just had two weeks off?

Unread 04-04-2023, 08:45 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We've been properly shafted with 2 bullshit red cards for Casemiro and unpunished injuries on Garnacho and Eriksen.

De Gea

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Sabitzer Fred

Antony Bruno Rashford

Martial
Oh don't be hysterical mentioning the tackles on Garnacho and Eriksen! Absolutely nowt wrong with them!

Anyway, I wouldn't start Weghorst but I think he will. Surely it has to be Martial? Whatever happens, we need to take the front foot front the first whistle.

Unread 04-04-2023, 09:28 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Just had two weeks off?
did you watch him against newcastle? he is not fit. that's why he had two weeks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Doubt very much we’ll see Eriksen. Can’t see ETH changing the shape of the side in the next two games tbh. He seems have confidence in the players coming in. Fred will come back in. Probably for The Scottish Player.
if eriksen is fit, this is the game he should play in as a comeback game. because brentford will treat him like a revered old man, a brentford national treasure.

Unread 04-04-2023, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Oh don't be hysterical mentioning the tackles on Garnacho and Eriksen! Absolutely nowt wrong with them!

Unread 04-04-2023, 10:29 AM
believe

Quote:

Unread 04-04-2023, 11:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
did you watch him against newcastle? he is not fit. that's why he had two weeks off.

if eriksen is fit, this is the game he should play in as a comeback game. because brentford will treat him like a revered old man, a brentford national treasure.
Just can’t see him being thrown straight back into the 11 after this long out. Is he even in full training?

I reckon we might see him on the bench at the weekend, at best.

Any news on when Garnacho is back? That all seemed a bit vague.

Unread 04-04-2023, 11:16 AM
dunk

The diagnosis for injuries to our players is always vague, at best. I've still no idea what was up with Martial for the last 2 months.

I reckon you're not seeing Garnacho until May, if we see him again this season.

Unread 04-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
The diagnosis for injuries to our players is always vague, at best. I've still no idea what was up with Martial for the last 2 months.

I reckon you're not seeing Garnacho until May, if we see him again this season.
Probably. Was just hopeful we might have an injury back ahead of schedule

We’ll miss him. He’s probably our most impactful player from the bench.

Unread 04-04-2023, 12:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Hopefully the bench at the weekend

Just get through this week. Massive if we can get six points. Back into the top four and our first choice midfield that. That will make the world of difference to us.

Unread 04-04-2023, 04:41 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think he’s got to be brave and try something to ensure we don’t lose. Most XI’s you pick out of what’s available looks a bit ropey though so who knows. I might even go down the Jez route and put Lindelof as a Thursday CB/sweeper and lose an attacking option but is there any way he’d drop Bruno for example?

De Gea
Dalot - varane- Martinez - Shaw
Lindelof
Fred ——Sabitzer
Antony——————Rashford
Martial

I just think we need to overload the middle of the park in anyway we can otherwise Brentford will fancy it.
Or switch , Martinez to Defensive Midfielder at the expence of, Fred & this would mean a rare game in alongside, Varane for either, Lindelof or Maguire, I would also like to see,, Pelliistrini given a start, which would mean, Anthony making way & Martial replacing, Weghorst upfront.

Unread 04-04-2023, 04:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 04-04-2023, 04:47 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Would be loathe to break up his partnership with Varane, but I think playing Martinez in midfield is our best option.

In the absence of Casemiro, I don't see anyone else who can provide the steel, nous, composure, and passing ability at the base of the midfield - all badly needed. We cannot go into these games with a vacuum where the midfield should be, and we don't need to.

De Gea

AWB - Varane - Shaw - Malacia

Fred - Martinez

Pellistri - Fernandes - Sancho

Rashford
Agreed about your comments regarding, Martinez, but I would be inclined to leave, Fred-out rather than, Sabitzer.

Unread 04-04-2023, 09:57 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ant
Mctommers
Rashers
People putting The Scottish Player in their teams in a central striking position remind me of that Abraham Lincoln quote - 'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt'.
Closed Thread