United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2023, 12:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How would it be different to Ineos owning us and Nice?
Nice are shit and Jim's a local lad

Unread 19-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How would it be different to Ineos owning us and Nice?
I didn’t say there was?

As far as I know, there’s no details that have come out about how INEOS would square owning 2 clubs potentially in the same competition. If they’re going to go down the same route as Qatar and pretend it’s 2 completely different entities, then they would also be breaking the rules imo. Nice only cost £100m though, so personally I’d hope they’d be planning to sell them if they got a proper club like United, or go down to minority ownership.

Unread 19-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I didn’t say there was?

As far as I know, there’s no details that have come out about how INEOS would square owning 2 clubs potentially in the same competition. If they’re going to go down the same route as Qatar and pretend it’s 2 completely different entities, then they would also be breaking the rules imo. Nice only cost £100m though, so personally I’d hope they’d be planning to sell them if they got a proper club like United, or go down to minority ownership.
Qatar should be forced to sell psg and then people might wake up to what happens when the Middle East get bored or it doesn’t suit politically to own a certain club anymore.

Unread 19-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s not a difficult point to understand so I’m not sure why you’re struggling. I’m a fickle football fan at the end of the day and I don’t want to give united up even though so much if it disappoints me.

Yep and since 2005, I’ve struggled with the hierarchy like Fergie and others supporting a regime that fundamentally made us weak.

But what the glazers have done is take money out. We’ve survived as a club because of the success we’ve previously earnt. It’s all been done despite them.

I just see Middle East ownership and a dangerous road I’d prefer us not to go down.
It's not hard to understand I don't think. I think people who don't care about Qatari state ownership believe that people against it are just going to suddenly stop supporting out of puritanical reasons.

But it's not that. It just makes it harder for (me personally) to be emotionally invested in the club. If the Qatari buyout happens then I might carry on watching and getting the same joy out of the club as I do now. I don't think that will happen. I think I'll know that a combination of the moral issues and us having cheat mode turned on will take enough of an edge off where I'll just slowly become less and less interested. I'm already getting less interested in any football outside of United because of the absolute state of it, and things like all of City's bullshit that's getting investigated. But they have enough money to pay enough expensive lawyers that they know they can do whatever the £#%&! they want, rules be damned. Don't think I can be bothered being a part of that. But I wont know until it happens.

Unread 19-02-2023, 01:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Last week: City charged with 115 offences and basically exposed as cheats and liars.

This week:

https://twitter.com/cityreport_/stat...h59kg0_zCtFsqg

Yeah pep how have you won titles with such perennial underachievers like Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City?

The way you turned City around who hadn’t been champions for a whole 18 months before you arrived?

How did you do it? It’s a mystery.

Unread 19-02-2023, 01:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Fair enough. Seem to remember you being up for Middle East ownership.

Apologies, i know you’re not so one dimensional.
Pragmatically I’m thinking richest owner, as they’re all @#%&!s, and that should provide the greater level of security after 18 years of shite. I have grave reservations about all of them though.

Just fuming we’re in this position as much as anything.

Unread 19-02-2023, 04:22 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pragmatically I’m thinking richest owner, as they’re all @#%&!s, and that should provide the greater level of security after 18 years of shite. I have grave reservations about all of them though.

Just fuming we’re in this position as much as anything.
Team dunk on this - Qatar are best of a bad lot given the situation we're in.

Unread 19-02-2023, 04:47 PM
Jethro

I think it's fair to say after a few days of reading comments is that we haven't the foggiest what we want. Option a and option b both come with legitimate concerns.

I just hope this mythical saviour makes their presence known in the coming week.

Unread 25-02-2023, 08:50 PM
Danoli

Unread 26-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
And yet they’re still pretty much openly cheating - even whilst they’re being investigated for historic cheating.

If they get away with this, which I suspect they will, then FFP collapses as being utterly farcical. Then presumably the Qatari bid supporting lads off here will get exactly what they want.

unregulated steroid driven dominance of 4 or 5 clubs across Europe.
Closed Thread