United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Jez Quigley

Lightbulb James McClean - this Irish fella refusing to wear a poppy

It's a free country - get off his back will you ffs. He says he isn't anti-British so that's fine by me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ear-poppy.html

http://www.givemesport.com/520096-ja...-poppy-refusal

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:24 PM
forwardirektion

Big up wee Jimmy.
I don't wear one. There's a lot of ex forces at work as well who have noticed and asked me why, I just reply with it's a personal decision.

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:25 PM
HotChip

Isnt it what those boys fought for? His freedom to not wear a poppy, if he doesnt want too?

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:26 PM
elephantstone

all a big fuss over nothing

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Isnt it what those boys fought for? His freedom to not wear a poppy, if he doesnt want too?
Personally, if I were on a landing craft at D-Day, I'd be fighting for a chance to see my daughter again, squeeze some knockers and have a beer with loved ones. Wouldn't give 2 hoots what any foreigner thought.

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Grimson

Love how they say he 'refused' to wear one, when he simply chose not to.

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:28 PM
forwardirektion

Poppy don't preach

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:38 PM
no fun

From the same estate as the pegger, would not go down well wearing a poppy there

Unread 10-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Big Norm

The Daily Heil comments section on this was pure gold at the weekend.

Some Major or other went on saying if it wasn't for the British Army James McLean would be speaking German.

An Irish fella jumped in straight away saying actually if it wasn't for the British Army he would be speaking Irish.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Chicarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

Some Major or other went on saying if it wasn't for the British Army James McLean would be speaking German.

An Irish fella jumped in straight away saying actually if it wasn't for the British Army he would be speaking Irish.
don't really understand this, after all the Germans lost the war and don't have to speak English also the french still spoke french in vichy france

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Fat Al

A reasonable viewpoint to have & one which he is entitled to hold.

However, if this is true, he comes off as a #@&%!.
"He upset fans of Northern Ireland when he switched allegiance for the Republic, despite playing at under-age for the country of his birth, and then exacerbated the situation when he posted abusive and sarcastic tweets aimed at people in the North."

(Of course, it's the Daily Heil so one has to take it it with a very large pinch of salt)

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:04 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicarito
don't really understand this, after all the Germans lost the war and don't have to speak English also the french still spoke french in vichy france

Russian was compulsory in all soviet countries. German would undoubtably have been introduced .

English in uk us states protectorates, etc.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:08 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicarito
True but the Celts were driven out of the area we now called England by proto-German speakers and the "English" have spoken a version of German for the past 1400 years. McClean and his forebears have therefore been made to speak a dialect of low German by an army under the nominal command of a member of the Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha family.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Ginners

Play in england wear the poppy. Simple.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:11 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
It's a free country - get off his back will you ffs. He says he isn't anti-British so that's fine by me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ear-poppy.html

http://www.givemesport.com/520096-ja...-poppy-refusal
Wigan fans have been complaining that he's been eating pasta dishes instead of pies. He's been getting a pastrying in the local press

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

two reasons to thank the british army then.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:12 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Play in england wear the poppy. Simple.
why should he? didn't those poor boys die so he had a choice to decide if he wanted to wear one.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:15 PM
forwardirektion

Apparently Rojo isn't injured and United didn't want the shitstorm of him not wearing the poppy because of the Falklands. They just told Di Maria it was a pretty flower and he liked the idea, he's asked if we can have a rose on instead against Arsenal

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:15 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
True but the Celts were driven out of the area we now called England by proto-German speakers and the "English" have spoken a version of German for the past 1400 years. McClean and his forebears have therefore been made to speak a dialect of low German by an army under the nominal command of a member of the Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha family.
well said, doudouers, well said indeed.

Unread 10-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Zorg

The number of people who will die as a direct result of him not wearing a poppy is in the thousands I believe. He is a monster.
Closed Thread