United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:31 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He doesn't have Henry's mentality.
Hello, and welcome to the show, our first caller is Utd99 and he's got some views on Antony Martial, go ahead Utd99 you're "down the line"

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:50 PM
utd99

"Yes thanks Dr Crane; I'd just like to get your opinion on why people keep banging on about Martial being the next Henry when they play in different positions, are nothing at all alike and Martial is clearly a lazy @#%&!. Do you think it's just steroetypical lazy thinking? Thanks."

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:53 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Hello, and welcome to the show, our first caller is Utd99 and he's got some views on Antony Martial, go ahead Utd99 you're "down the line"

Quote:
"Yes thanks Dr Crane; I'd just like to get your opinion on why people keep banging on about Martial being the next Henry when they play in different positions, are nothing at all alike and Martial is clearly a lazy @#%&!. Do you think it's just steroetypical lazy thinking? Thanks."

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Unread 26-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Buck

Henry didn't have much in way of mentality at Martial's age. Flopped at Juventus.

Martial's a top talent. Magnificent close control and balance, exciting to watch and has shown he's got substance. 17 goals in his first season - as a teenager and newcomer to this country. Yeah he had it tough last year but will be better for it.

He does need to improve on his movement off the ball. It is noticeable that he's lax when it comes to that but if that's his weakest aspect it's a very good sign because it means he's got all the natural talent to become an elite player.

Perception is a funny thing - under Van Gaal when he ripped teams apart his cold expressions were that of a 'killer' I seem to recall. Last season when things weren't so rosy for him he's now disinterested and lazy.........%@#$&!s.

Unread 26-06-2017, 04:08 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Henry didn't have much in way of mentality at Martial's age. Flopped at Juventus.

Martial's a top talent. Magnificent close control and balance, exciting to watch and has shown he's got substance. 17 goals in his first season - as a teenager and newcomer to this country. Yeah he had it tough last year but will be better for it.

He does need to improve on his movement off the ball. It is noticeable that he's lax when it comes to that but if that's his weakest aspect it's a very good sign because it means he's got all the natural talent to become an elite player.

Perception is a funny thing - under Van Gaal when he ripped teams apart his cold expressions were that of a 'killer' I seem to recall. Last season when things weren't so rosy for him he's now disinterested and lazy.........balls.
agreed. it would be a complete waste to let him go. he's only 21 but he has already shown that he definitely has potential to become world class.

Unread 26-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Fish

Martial is going to be a top player, we need to keep him imo.

6 Assists and 4 goals in his 11 prem start last year. Considering he was so 'shit' that's not bad.

Unread 26-06-2017, 04:32 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
"Yes thanks Dr Crane; I'd just like to get your opinion on why people keep banging on about Martial being the next Henry when they play in different positions, are nothing at all alike and Martial is clearly a lazy c***. Do you think it's just steroetypical lazy thinking? Thanks."

Ah Utd99, you see Martial and Henry are both French, both started their career at Monaco and both spent their early careers playing off the left and not scoring as many goals as one might expect from a top striker. However Henry after a year dying on his arse in Italy suddenly kicked on at 23 and became the player we all remember, indeed history shows us that this often can be the case with strikers in their early 20's, so you see I wasn't saying that Martial would become the next Henry, I clearly meant that that would be the risk if we dumped him at 21 after one duff season, we would be Martial's Juventus debacle. ah le Mot juste.

Do you think your need to lash out impulsively at me is linked to a fear of taking on the forum's real big dogs? I may be jumping to conclusions about your psychological makeup but then you started it.

Thanks for calling Utd99 and good mental health.

Unread 26-06-2017, 05:06 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Henry didn't have much in way of mentality at Martial's age.
A - How would you know?
B - Never mind. It doesn't mean anything anyway.

Unread 26-06-2017, 11:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Do you think your need to lash out impulsively at me is linked to a fear of taking on the forum's real big dogs?
What?

What the £#%&! is a "forum big dog"?

Unread 27-06-2017, 12:46 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
What?

What the £#%&! is a "forum big dog"?

Unread 27-06-2017, 01:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red