Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
think he may end up at city when pep leaves in the summer
Yhihsecond

Unread 19-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Poor £#%&!er obv but that tweet makes it sound like he expected all 20 managers to be knocking on with some lasagne for the freezer.

Unread 19-11-2019, 10:08 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Poor f***er obv but that tweet makes it sound like he expected all 20 managers to be knocking on with some lasagne for the freezer.
Wasnt going to say anything and I do empathize with him. But £#%&!ing hell, he never misses an opportunity to bring it up in public.

Unread 19-11-2019, 10:19 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Poor £#%&!er obv but that tweet makes it sound like he expected all 20 managers to be knocking on with some lasagne for the freezer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Wasnt going to say anything and I do empathize with him. But £#%&!ing hell, he never misses an opportunity to bring it up in public.
This.

Anyway back on topic, £#%&! Pochettino

Unread 19-11-2019, 10:24 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Contrary to the Spurs statement, not sacked at all for their results, according to FS. Spurs found out about two clandestine meetings and a subsequent gentlemen’s agreement reached with a “rival company”.
Link?

Unread 19-11-2019, 10:27 PM
Soviet

Quote:
"We were extremely reluctant to make this change and it is not a decision the Board has taken lightly, nor in haste," said Levy in a statement issued by the club.

“Regrettably domestic results at the end of last season and beginning of this season have been extremely disappointing.

“It falls to the Board to make the difficult decisions - this one made more so given the many memorable moments we have had with Mauricio and his coaching staff - but we do so in the Club's best interests.

“Mauricio and his coaching staff will always be part of our history. I have the utmost admiration for the manner in which he dealt with the difficult times away from a home ground whilst we built the new stadium and for the warmth and positivity he brought to us.

"I should like to thank him and his coaching staff for all they have contributed. They will always be welcome here.

“We have a talented squad. We need to re-energise and look to deliver a positive season for our supporters.”

Unread 19-11-2019, 10:35 PM
utd99

Be funny if this started a chain reaction of managers moving/losing their jobs and Mourinho still couldn’t get back in.

“I’ve always said Bournemouth is a magnificent club...”

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:37 PM
jem

dick.

him and spurs are responsible for me having to listen to £#%&!ing si stone on sportsday.

£#%&! them all.

would serve spurs right to get mourinho in.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:47 PM
AK14

Mou in

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He's overseen a period of mild success, leading Tottenham to the top 4 a few times.

Zero. Trophies.

Meanwhile, we've won a few under managers who were sacked.

Highly overrated manager.
Absolute tunnel vision comment. Liverpool didn't win trophies from 15-18 but we did. Look at the 2 of us now.

Says very little in terms of a process worth getting behind. If Spurs had won the FA Cup during his tenure it would mean the same today had he not - £#%&! all. He's basically being seen as overrated as he oversaw a relative collapse, which could have happened to almost anyone. His spending was extremely modest in relation to progress and implementing an exciting style of play. He's their best manager of many of our lifetimes ffs*

*36, before you ask.

Actually no, im forgetting myself here - Juande Ramos won the league cup. They definitely missed having a manager like him in charge over the last few years.

Unread 20-11-2019, 12:18 AM
red in cumbria

Meh, still haven't forgiven him for Spurs not turning up in Big Cup final

Unread 20-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Absolute tunnel vision comment. Liverpool didn't win trophies from 15-18 but we did. Look at the 2 of us now.

Says very little in terms of a process worth getting behind. If Spurs had won the FA Cup during his tenure it would mean the same today had he not - £#%&! all. He's basically being seen as overrated as he oversaw a relative collapse, which could have happened to almost anyone. His spending was extremely modest in relation to progress and implementing an exciting style of play. He's their best manager of many of our lifetimes ffs*

*36, before you ask.

Actually no, im forgetting myself here - Juande Ramos won the league cup. They definitely missed having a manager like him in charge over the last few years.
Yeah, look at Liverpool winning the Champions League. AGAINST £#%&!ING TOTTENHAM!

Quite apart from that, Klopp had already won trophies. And Poch has just been sacked for being shit, while Klopp is top of the league.

He's clearly a good manager. But to be a great manager you have to be a serial winner. He's never won anything.

Unread 20-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yeah, look at Liverpool winning the Champions League. AGAINST £#%&!ING TOTTENHAM!

Quite apart from that, Klopp had already won trophies. And Poch has just been sacked for being shit, while Klopp is top of the league.

He's clearly a good manager. But to be a great manager you have to be a serial winner. He's never won anything.
Seriously? You wouldn't put it past them to make their 3rd final in a row come may

My point is the trophy/no trophy artifact is often misleading. Poor managers have won cups in the past which says absolutely nothing in terms of consistency.

Unread 20-11-2019, 12:33 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Seriously? You wouldn't put it past them to make their 3rd final in a row come may

My point is the trophy/no trophy artifact is often misleading. Poor managers have won cups in the past which says absolutely nothing in terms of consistency.
I'm just sayin it's ironic that the favourable comparison you offered included Tottenham losing.

Unread 20-11-2019, 01:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

Wonder if he will go to Bayern? Terrible decision from Spurs.

Or Pep to Bayern, Poch to Citeh.

Spurs going for Mourinho is insanity!

Unread 20-11-2019, 05:26 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Wonder if he will go to Bayern? Terrible decision from Spurs.

Or Pep to Bayern, Poch to Citeh.

Spurs going for Mourinho is insanity!
They might actually win a trophy with Mourinho tbf

Unread 20-11-2019, 06:14 AM
believe

Spurs doing the right thing before he turns in to another Wenger (without the trophies) Surprised Keane hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Unread 20-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Patty_b

Mourinho won't cry hysterically after winning a semi-final nqat.

Can half understand why they sacked him, looks like it'd had all gone to shit on and off the pitch. But they never backed him financially.

So now they are going to hire Mourinho to bring the squad together and back him financially to rebuild

F.A Cup win this year, Europa League next year, epic meltdown the year after.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Mourinho won't cry hysterically after winning a semi-final nqat.

Can half understand why they sacked him, looks like it'd had all gone to shit on and off the pitch. But they never backed him financially.

So now they are going to hire Mourinho to bring the squad together and back him financially to rebuild

F.A Cup win this year, Europa League next year, epic meltdown the year after.
There’s an element of united fans that really do clutch when it comes to finding things to discredit Pochettino with.

That ones a pearler tbf

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:12 AM
puressence

Jose signs. Will they ever learn
Closed Thread