Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
I agree Utd players and coaching staff pissed the bed 2nd half

Unread 25-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Minigra1968

👍🏻 Hit the nail on the head.

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Dr Stranger

As with most things, it’s rarely one extreme or the other. He does some things very well. What he’s done for the shaping the squad, lifting the spirit and bringing back that ‘United’ feel has been great, but there has to be question marks asked over his capacity to take us where we want to be.

Can people envisage him winning the premier league?

Honestly?

Now, if we can’t, that doesn’t mean we should just bin him, but we also can’t have blind faith. We have to feel and see progression. There has been some to this point. More points, more goals, better players, higher league placing. He’s done that, but I think the whole footballing world recognises he now needs to go one better with this squad. He needs a trophy and we need to progress in terms of maturity and performances.

I’m concerned about the last part. Really concerned. We all know the shit aspects of the side, the flaws, and the answer appears to be getting better players and constantly referencing what experience they’ll bring, like it’s Ronaldo’s job to get them all going.

With each game where we look below par, patchy and chaotic, it’s harder to deny that we look and play like a poorly coached team.

If he quit tomorrow, I think most would agree he’s left us in better shape than when he came in. He’s built a good group of players, but I’m becoming increasingly doubtful that he knows what to do with them.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:00 PM
saffers

Thought this was a very classy touch from Nedders. Absolutely no need for it but shows the character of the lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think I, and a fair few others, owe big saffers an apology.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Thought this was a very classy touch from Nedders. Absolutely no need for it but shows the character of the lad.
Best thing to come out of today, together, stronger, red handshakes...

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:05 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Felt like the right thing to do. This is a time for the forum to unite. I’m sure I won’t be the only one admitting their mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Stickman

The clubs lack of ambition will see him remain.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Sparky***

Imagine Ferguson on the touchline, 94th minute whilst his team just huffed and puffed to more dropped points at home.

Do you honestly think he'd be having a wee chuckle?

Christ.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:09 PM
red in cumbria

That really hasn't gone down well, has it?

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/MrTomMcDermott/s...02778898259970

Imagine Ferguson on the touchline, 94th minute whilst his team just huffed and puffed to more dropped points at home.

Christ.
Pathetic

Can’t think of any proper football managers doing that tbh.

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Can’t think why...

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Quote:
Felt like the right thing to do. This is a time for the forum to unite. I’m sure I won’t be the only one admitting their mistake.

We are stronger together.

Rival fans are praying he stays....

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Pathetic

Can’t think of any proper football managers doing that tbh.
Graham Potter wouldn’t do that, that’s for sure.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I wonder why

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Can’t think why...
As i said earlier, its the sort of guy he is. But that is likely part of the problem now.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Sandman

Quote:
It's an irrelevance, if he stood looking moody it wouldn't alter the fact that he's taken us as far he can, concocting reasons to have a dig at him is pathetic.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
It's an irrelevance, if he stood looking moody it wouldn't alter the fact that he's taken us as far he can, concocting reasons to have a dig at him is pathetic.
Of course you are right in an objective sense, but after a day like today its the proverbial red rag to a bull.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:17 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Its easier to have a go at him for that rather than the obvious. Especially for those who previously were Ole in.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/MrTomMcDermott/s...02778898259970

Christ.
That's unforgivable ffs

This is more like it. Look at him, absolutely seething, LIVID....

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
No. And rightly so. I like the guy and I’ve defended what he says in press conferences, because it doesn’t matter…. But that’s in the moment. That’s emotional. Why is he in a place where he can laugh? He should be any or all of angry, frustrated, focussed, motivational even sulking.

We laud Ronaldo for being a ruthless bastard and he stormed off the pitch because he’s thoroughly pissed off. He wants to win and he’s furious that we haven’t.

Yes, it makes no difference to his ability as a coach, but it maybe says something about his personality.
Closed Thread