United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-06-2022, 10:58 AM
armchair

Default How To Build a Winning Culture : Steve McClaren

Quote:
This week on The McClaren Performance Podcast, Josh and Steve McClaren discuss the books they've been reading over the holidays which leads into a conversation regarding culture building and specifically how that should be approached with Manchester United. There is also an early conversation discussing Gareth Southgate's recent defeats with England.

“You've got to accept the rules, the conditions, you've got to accept the consequences if you do things wrong. You've got to commit, you've got to be a class act. You've got to be a class act, especially in today's football."

“When I first went to Manchester United there was hardly any rules but what they did; they did the right things and if they didn't do the right things they owned it and they suffered the consequences and accepted the consequences. And I think if you've got those non-negotiables around that then you can't go wrong.”

Unread 23-06-2022, 10:59 AM
Poop

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Ethers

One thing you couldn’t level at most of our squad is being a class act tbf

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Sapien

Class clown, possibly. Though 2 of those have gone.

Unread 23-06-2022, 02:18 PM
WackTheJack99

He's going to be in for some shock, walking into our moronic, juvenile, lazy tw*t-fest of a dressing room after what he worked with when he was before. I 100% expect some early complaints about training methods and session times etc, I just hope the new regime lays down the law early and roots out anyone who starts acting up. Name, shame and get rid asap if needed.

Having rid of Haircut 100 and Beanz will no doubt help matters.

Unread 23-06-2022, 03:09 PM
Zorg