United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:04 AM
Ethers

Finished it last night. Decent enough, but itís not a patch on The Wire.

Found Wayne Jenkinsí shit hair and at times beard extremely distracting throughout the whole thing too.

Looked up some photos of him after, presuming he must have had shit borderline wiggy hair in real life so they had to make it like that in the show. He doesnít.

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:27 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post

Found Wayne Jenkinsí shit hair and at times beard extremely distracting throughout the whole thing too.

Looked up some photos of him after, presuming he must have had shit borderline wiggy hair in real life so they had to make it like that in the show. He doesnít.
I'm really struggling with it tbh, 3 eps in.

I presume it's me not paying enough attention but the back and forth timeline doesn't feel fluid at all.

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:29 AM
Seamus

is it on sky over here?

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:32 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post

Found his acting more distracting than anything. Talk about over-acting...

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:59 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I'm really struggling with it tbh, 3 eps in.

I presume it's me not paying enough attention but the back and forth timeline doesn't feel fluid at all.
That was the problem for me as well. Would have been better if it'd had been a straightforward timeline. Early episodes are a character overload as well. Does get better though once the timelines meet (if that makes sense).

I also didn't like the civil rights lawyer. Was shoehorned in to represent the moral centre of the series. Too much exposition though. The scenes with her and the ex-cop are a bit much.

Worth it all though just to see Duquan is doing well and has joined the force

Unread 23-06-2022, 02:55 PM
windy waffles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58710164

Great article and interview with Wayne Jenkins from behind bars.

Unread 23-06-2022, 02:59 PM
browser

yeah, found this really disappointing. Terrible lead