United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Sloppy

Default Fabio: I think I might leave.

Quote:
Fabio has revealed to ESPN Brasil that he is looking to leave Manchester United in order to play regular first team football and ‘be happy’.
The 23-year-old hasn’t had the same career progression at Old Trafford as his twin brother Rafael who is now United’s first-choice right back and has had to fight Alexander Buttner to be Patrice Evra’s understudy this season.
He admits that while nothing is certain, he can see himself returning to Brazil and Fluminese in particular, a club he spent seven years with as a youngster.
“I don’t know, man. I think the time has come and maybe in the next window or even next season, I think I might leave. There are good possibilities,” he said.
“I’m looking for other clubs. There’s nothing certain, we’ll leave it for later.
“I want to be happy, man. I want to play, I want to be happy, I want to be close to my family. I may go back to Brazil, or maybe not, I’m checking with my manager to see what is the best for me.
“The affection I have for Fluminense is very big, for sure. I played there for seven years, and certainly if I have to go back to Fluminense I’m going with great pride because I have a special affection for them.”
This season, Fabio has been a much improved player thanks to his loan spell at QPR. When he played against Crystal at right-back, he was fantastic.
If David Moyes is going to let a left back leave United then it should be Alexander Buttner who has never looked good enough to have a long term future at United.
Instead of giving any game time to Buttner, Fabio should be Evra’s understudy and it would be a real shame to see him leave United because of a lack of opportunities.
Thinking of the wider repercussions, it would have a dramatic effect on Rafael. He may have played better when his brother was at QPR last season but he knew that Fabio would be returning. Having his twin brother move back to Brazil may make him less happy in Manchester.
United had Gary and Phil Neville as our full-backs previously, brothers who thrived off their rivalry for a place in team. Fabio and Rafael are similar in that respect and it would be fantastic to see the pair become our full time left and right backs following Evra’s retirement, so hopefully Moyes can give Fabio the game time he needs to stay at Old Trafford.
http://thepeoplesperson.com/fabio-im...i-might-leave/

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:24 PM
believe

SOunds about right. Get rid of a decent player and in turn lose a fantastic player to bring a decent player in. Maybe be he should brush up on his Wonderwall.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:26 PM
dodger

I don't agree that we should keep him just keep his brother happy. That's £#%&!ing ridiculous.
We'll be singing anotherr left back soon anyway so that door is closed to him. Why he hasn't covered more at right back though, when we keep playing centre halves there, I've no idea.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I don't agree that we should keep him just keep his brother happy. That's £#%&!ing ridiculous.
We'll be singing anotherr left back soon anyway so that door is closed to him. Why he hasn't covered more at right back though, when we keep playing centre halves there, I've no idea.
"I want you Bainsey and if it's quite alright, I love you Bainsey..........."

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM
BarryX

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I don't know, man

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:33 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Javier Hernandez has also said in an interview that he might have to leave to get 1st team football

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Scabs

Can't say I blame either of them.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Rhodzy

We're going to be left with 12 players.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
We're going to be left with 12 players.
at least they should all get a game.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:43 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Have you written half of that article?

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Have you written half of that article?
no, man

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:49 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Contract runs out in the summer anyway. The fact the club haven't offered him a new one sums it up.

We've a fair few with contracts expiring in the summer (Rio, Evra, Giggsy, Fabio)

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Contract runs out in the summer anyway. The fact the club haven't offered him a new one sums it up.

We've a fair few with contracts expiring in the summer (Rio, Evra, Giggsy, Fabio)
them four alone are costing 100 million to replace. Add Vidic, Carrick, Young, Valencia, Rooney and RvP to that and we've got approx. 300 million to spend over the next three years.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
them four alone are costing 100 million to replace. Add Vidic, Carrick, Young, Valencia, Rooney and RvP to that and we've got approx. 300 million to spend over the next three years.

Forgot about Vidic, his deal is up in the summer too.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:55 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Good enought to start a European Cup final in 2011, now can't even get a game ahead of Butters :shakehead:

Should leave before the club ruins him for good.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Good enought to start a European Cup final in 2011, now can't even get a game ahead of Butters :shakehead:

Is a shame how it's turned out for him. He should be tried in midfield before he leaves, for jems sake.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Still hopefully on Fabio myself. only 23.

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Forgot about Vidic, his deal is up in the summer too.
we're going to need to replace young when we sell him in the January transfer window.

Unread 09-10-2013, 02:00 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Is a shame how it's turned out for him. He should be tried in midfield before he leaves, for jems sake.
Would love to see that. Was great when he & his brother started as wingers against Arsenal in the Cup
Closed Thread