magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Chubby little loser...
Pug!

Pug!

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:50 AM
jem

casemiro has been reckless recently. and exposed. but he would be in my cup final team.

jonny evans wasn't good enough in his first spell at united. he's clearly a desperate gamble now. but casemiro and evans are, at least, experienced, if a very slow cb combo. they show up as being responsible for the goals, but the real problem was eriksen... and mount and antony. between them, they offered £#%&! all - either cover or going forward.

casemiro isn't a cb. when he drops back from midfield, it is with two cbs. he needs to be in a midfield with mainoo and amrabat (behind bruno, plus two). eriksen and antony just can't play.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:56 AM
croady26

Remember thinking at the time that red card against Southampton look like it affected him, however never expected there to be quite such a sharp decline this season

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Remember thinking at the time that red card against Southampton look like it affected him, however never expected there to be quite such a sharp decline this season
We've broken him.

5 times CL winner. Between the refs sending him off for any innocuous challenge, and him having to play in the shittest united team in generations, it's broken the big dawg.

He's a shell of the player we bought. A husk of a midfielder. A eunuch.

If this carries on, we'll break Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund too.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:31 PM
NedKelly

Can’t believe he’s only 32.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:41 PM
BigRonManager

in fairness to him Ratcliffe called this.

Unread 07-05-2024, 02:43 PM
Finport Red

When he first came to the club, he got away with the little niggly fouls that city and arsenal players make all the time, and then it stopped. Very abruptly. Every foul was deemed a booking thereafter, with every second seeing him ‘lucky to stay on the pitch’.

Another one we’ve not protected, who needed help in the role he was asked to play, especially this season, but didn’t get it. Then, he gets the pleasure of going to centre back because of the injury crisis, and again we make no attempt to protect him, alongside Evans in particular. I think he’s fed up with the whole thing.

Was he terrible last night? Yes. Has he been mediocre at best this season? Yes. Are there reasons beyond his control? Definitely.

Should he stay? Nah.

Unread 07-05-2024, 04:49 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Are there reasons beyond his control? Definitely.
If you mean the ageing process, I agree.

I'm assuming that's what's stopping the chubby @#%&! from running a bit quicker.

Unread 07-05-2024, 05:48 PM
goldfinger II

He has absolutely no excuses, IMO, and no-one to blame but himself.

It's one thing for his legs to have gone. It's quite another for him to be consistently throwing himself into tackles he cannot win - attackers don't even have to work to beat him. He beats himself. If he would just hold his ground and jockey a bit, he wouldn't be such a liability. Jesus Christ, is it too much to expect a wee bit of composure from such an experienced player - both with and without the ball? Fella needs to pull himself together.

His attitude has been a disgrace as well.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:19 PM
suedeshoes

He's done. He battled well last night, in a 'drunk bloke doing his best in a fight' kind of way.

He was woeful at times but brave and vital at others.

He's clearly finished but could the cup final be a last 'brave hurrah' from a warrior or will he be embarrassed?

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
He has absolutely no excuses, IMO, and no-one to blame but himself.

It's one thing for his legs to have gone. It's quite another for him to be consistently throwing himself into tackles he cannot win - attackers don't even have to work to beat him. He beats himself. If he would just hold his ground and jockey a bit, he wouldn't be such a liability. Jesus Christ, is it too much to expect a wee bit of composure from such an experienced player - both with and without the ball? Fella needs to pull himself together.

His attitude has been a disgrace as well.
It’s just laziness. It’s the kind of thing I used to do in Sunday league when I couldn’t be arsed chasing after some £#%&!ing whippet. Just lunge in and if you get the ball great, if not you’ll get a foul.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:23 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It’s just laziness.
I don't think it is. I think he's just done. Legs have gone.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

He shouldn't play in defence or as a holding midfielder in the final
Give him a box to box role as he's probably the best player we have at attacking the ball in the box

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:33 PM
RedNick80

I think that he's being asked to cover too much ground and has been all season.

Whether exposed in midfield as a lone CDM while Mainoo/McTog play miles too high, or playing out of position with colleagues like Jonny Evans, AWB while at centre back.

Think he'd still do a great job in a proper midfield in a proper team. I also think he's not fit but strikes me as a player who will play through it.

Sad to see, but I saw enough last season to believe he's not a shit@#%&!. Hope Saudi come in for him and then its the best of a bad situation.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:34 PM
jem

he definitely shouldn't play cb, but he would be fine in midfield with amrabat and mainoo. he wouldn't have to lunge, if he knew he had cover.

Unread 16-05-2024, 12:45 PM
Neo

Madrid’s board of directors when United transferred the cash for Casemiro and Varane: