United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 24-08-2019, 06:32 PM
liamb123

Is it possible to go back to normal midseason if it's shite?

Unread 25-08-2019, 05:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Weíre not debating the draft which will be snake. This is about waivers/free agency.
it doesn't really make much sense to bid for waivers after a snake draft.

I do think injuries should go ahead of ears*, though.

* or whoever is last.

are we still looking at next week-end for the draft?

Unread 25-08-2019, 10:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it doesn't really make much sense to bid for waivers after a snake draft.

I do think injuries should go ahead of ears*, though.

* or whoever is last.

are we still looking at next week-end for the draft?
Why does it not make sense even if we have a snake draft?

Itís a fair way to get players you need on a weekly basis especially now we are having smaller benches

Unread 25-08-2019, 10:15 PM
liamb123

Think I'm in favour of giving it a go tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

Itís a fair way to get players you need on a weekly basis especially now we are having smaller benches
Big Andrew

Unread 25-08-2019, 11:31 PM
jem

Quote:

two reasons - (i) it's inconsistent; and (ii) everyone starts with the same budget, but will not need additional players in the same rounds. how is that even going to work? as opposed to, say, having funds left over from your original bidding. might as well just give anyone with injuries priority.

Unread 25-08-2019, 11:41 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
two reasons - (i) it's inconsistent; and (ii) everyone starts with the same budget, but will not need additional players in the same rounds. how is that even going to work? as opposed to, say, having funds left over from your original bidding. might as well just give anyone with injuries priority.
f***ing hell pal how is this inconsistent ? You all have 100 a free agent for example Reggie Wayne starts for the colts and scores tds and yards you and I both want him and are watching the waivers for talent you bid $7 for him I bid $1 for him you get him and then drop a player. The current way would mean if I go in for him and just by the f***ing luck of the draw I am before you in the waiver order I would get him vs knowing his value on the waiver as a advantage in building a better team.

Itís not just for injuries itís for players that are doing well too as well as getting rid of shit ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
Think I'm in favour of giving it a go tbh

Big Andrew
I was at the game left at half time in a bar when it was announced it was like someone had died awful

Unread 26-08-2019, 12:04 AM
liamb123

Quote:
f***ing hell pal how is this inconsistent ? You all have 100 a free agent for example Reggie Wayne starts for the colts and scores tds and yards you and I both want him and are watching the waivers for talent you bid $7 for him I bid $1 for him you get him and then drop a player. The current way would mean if I go in for him and just by the f***ing luck of the draw I am before you in the waiver order I would get him vs knowing his value on the waiver as a advantage in building a better team.

Itís not just for injuries itís for players that are doing well too as well as getting rid of shit ones

I was at the game left at half time in a bar when it was announced it was like someone had died awful
Hoping the colts will win enough games with brissett and not stop the fins getting #1 pick for Tua next year or Lawrence the year after. Both look like they're gonna be beasts

Top reds were aboard the suck for luck train back in the day

Unread 26-08-2019, 12:44 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
Hoping the colts will win enough games with brissett and not stop the fins getting #1 pick for Tua next year or Lawrence the year after. Both look like they're gonna be beasts

Top reds were aboard the suck for luck train back in the day
Defo suck for luck reds here. I think we have a much better team now than other season so hopefully we donít fall apart

Unread 26-08-2019, 08:43 AM
jem

Quote:

it's inconsistent because you have a snake draft, then bidding. I understand how bidding works - it's just weird that everyone starts with the same budget. waiver order is not luck of the draw - it favours teams doing badly in the first few weeks.

some idiot who bids 100 in week 2 won't be able to pick up any more decent players. but he will also have f***ed up that round for anyone using common sense. then he will laugh for the rest of the season as he comes last. not thinking of anyone in particular.

Unread 26-08-2019, 08:49 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
some idiot who bids 100 in week 2 won't be able to pick up any more decent players. but he will also have f***ed up that round for anyone using common sense. then he will laugh for the rest of the season as he comes last. not thinking of anyone in particular.
Is that by any chance the same idiot who used to draft Matt Hasselbeck and the Seahawks kicker in the first few rounds?