United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2016, 07:35 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default The Horror/Thriller thread

Didn't know if there was one or not but...

post about your fave horror films, scenes and directors but most importantly....worthy new releases! Its so hard to find a good modern horror/thriller

I would like to recommend Hush on Netflix. Really great tense flick

Unread 12-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Switching Off

Not really into the standard horrors, prefer the psychological thriller types.

Recommend High Tension, a French film. It's brilliant.

Unread 12-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Jethro

The Neon Demon is the best thriller I've seen in years. It'll flop on release, but it's f***ing incredible.

As far as horror goes I feel behind of the game. If It Follows is meant to be the best of recent times I'm out.

I like my thrillers in the vein of De Palma, Pakula, Schlesinger etc. For horror it's Carpenter, early Fulci, Lenzi, Polanski, Argento.

Unread 12-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The Neon Demon is the best thriller I've seen in years. It'll flop on release, but it's f***ing incredible.

As far as horror goes I feel behind of the game. If It Follows is meant to be the best of recent times I'm out.

I like my thrillers in the vein of De Palma, Pakula, Schlesinger etc. For horror it's Carpenter, early Fulci, Lenzi, Polanski, Argento.
Sessions

Unread 12-06-2016, 09:24 PM
armchair

Audition is a classic

Unread 12-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Audition is a classic
Got that on dvd unopened, need to watch it before dvds become obselete.

Unread 12-06-2016, 09:34 PM
rubbernecker

Don't really bother with a lot of the formulaic shite nowadays with 'It Follows' a noticable exception so I pretty much keep to the uber classics like The Thing,Dead of Night and Dawn of the Dead etc.

I've soft spot for some of the 80s B Movie stuff like Re-animator ,From Beyond and Society and I still love some of the films that the japanese turned out in the late 90s or so like Audition ,Ichi the Killer and Uzumaki
Closed Thread