United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Music

Unread 19-03-2015, 01:42 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep, no shoehorned in singles, no 'tracks for the b***hes', no latest fashion craze producers, just a proper f***ing album.
some mental deep stuff in it nqat

Unread 19-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep, no shoehorned in singles, no 'tracks for the b***hes', no latest fashion craze producers, just a proper f***ing album.
Yep.

No f***ing Drake features. Good to see, and very ballsy from the lad.

Looking forward to seeing it live.

Unread 19-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Jethro

Killer Mike

Unread 19-03-2015, 01:59 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
some mental deep stuff in it nqat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep.

No f***ing Drake features. Good to see, and very ballsy from the lad.

Looking forward to seeing it live.
Not listened to much recently, Listened to Kendrick first yesterday, then Fashawn.. this morning listened to Big Sean and Drake's latest offerings. Like chalk and f***ing Cheese. Kendrick is operating on an entirely different plane or spectrum to everybody else. That Drake album bored the living shit out of me. Sean's is ok in patches. I like Fashawn though, still, no comparison really.

Listening to Kendrick again now King ****a is f***ing awesome

Unread 19-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Ethers

He really is.

Sean album is decent, especially the Kanye tracks, but it's still very much a hip-hop by numbers album. Actually listened to the Drake record a few times and it's better than I first thought. Nothing groundbreaking obviously, but there's five or six tracks I quite like.

King ****a is incredible

Love the fact he used the live version of I too.

Unread 19-03-2015, 02:10 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He really is.

Sean album is decent, especially the Kanye tracks, but it's still very much a hip-hop by numbers album. Actually listened to the Drake record a few times and it's better than I first thought. Nothing groundbreaking obviously, but there's five or six tracks I quite like.

King ****a is incredible

Love the fact he used the live version of I too.
yeah I don't mind the drake effort. He also managed to sample this classic

Unread 19-03-2015, 02:13 PM
dunk

No Chris Brown either (He's f***ing killing everything atm the c***)

Feels like everything else was just space filler and time killer while we waited for Kendrick and Kanye to a large extent tbh

Unread 19-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Baron

Kendrick's album is as good as I hoped, after The Blacker The Berry was released a little while back my expectations soared. Nice to see someone in hip-hop do a mature album. It's got actual instruments & shit, feels like you should have a glass of whiskey in a New Orleans club at the start & pissed out of your tree down an ally by the end of it, ambitious stuff & I've only listened to it twice. Get the feeling it will get so much better when you are acquainted with the tracks as well.

Unread 20-03-2015, 10:46 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Kendrick's album is as good as I hoped, after The Blacker The Berry was released a little while back my expectations soared. Nice to see someone in hip-hop do a mature album. It's got actual instruments & shit, feels like you should have a glass of whiskey in a New Orleans club at the start & pissed out of your tree down an ally by the end of it, ambitious stuff & I've only listened to it twice. Get the feeling it will get so much better when you are acquainted with the tracks as well.

Mr. Wonderful is out there for any Action Bronson fans...

Last edited by dunk; 21-03-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Unread 20-03-2015, 02:15 PM
BarryX