United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Hands of Scone

Default ‘Mischief Night’

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...mpression=true

Quote:
Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has slammed the parents of 'feral' teenagers responsible for misery, damage and destruction across the city and region last night.

The city leader was furious after kids taking part in the so-called 'Mischief Night' tradition caused more than £20,000 damage to council flats being built for the disabled in Garston - while others attacked emergency service workers and started multiple fires.

Hundreds of posts on social media also reported countless incidents taking place in almost every area , estate and neighbourhood with many claiming that 2019 is the "worst Mischief Night so far".

Mayor Anderson said the blame for the behaviour lies largely with their parents who clearly 'don't care where their kids are or what they are doing."
This seems to be becoming a thing.

There were Gangs of feral kids smashing things up and setting off fireworks off on the streets all around Manchester with impunity last night.

Unread 01-11-2019, 08:52 AM
no fun

Unread 01-11-2019, 08:55 AM
Billy Redface

Like a shit The Purge.

Which was shit.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

we used to run amok as kids too. night wasn't complete without a decent chase off the police. My take away as kid was that if some teenagers target your house with fireworks or eggs, the worst thing to do is react. They want to toy with you. If you call the cops, then it's a go to gaf for police call outs in future.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Switching Off

Neighbour got egged last night. I wondered why

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...mpression=true

This seems to be becoming a thing.

There were Gangs of feral kids smashing things up and setting off fireworks off on the streets all around Manchester with impunity last night.
Been a thing for years, my Mrs remembers 'Mischief night' from when she was a kid in Bootle, and I remember some of the more shit-bag kids in my school just going out and causing havok on Halloween, although they didn't give it a specific name.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:06 AM
believe

Was a thing when we were kids and I’m ashamed to admit that we were little bastards. There was a firework that I sent remember the name of, some form of bomb and we used to empty three or four out, pile the powder on the corner of someone’s window sill and put the explosive parts on top. You’d then stick one of the fuses in, light and run like f*** while the window shattered. Seemed like fun at the time.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Was a thing when we were kids and I’m ashamed to admit that we were little bastards. There was a firework that I sent remember the name of, some form of bomb and we used to empty three or four out, pile the powder on the corner of someone’s window sill and put the explosive parts on top. You’d then stick one of the fuses in, light and run like f*** while the window shattered. Seemed like fun at the time.
Air bomb

Someone set one off in the local boozer a few years ago. Twice.

Like a birmingham boozer in the 70s

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:43 AM
no fun

Black and white rabbit
Nicking gates for your bonnie
Setting fire to rival Bonnies
Cruelty to animals via fireworks

Anything else is just unwarranted Americanisation

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:52 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post