United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Crixus00

Default Tomasz Kuszczak aims to be Manchester United number one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/9361066.stm

United have been linked with several goalkeepers but Kuszczak, 28, believes he should be made number one when Van der Sar, 40, decides to step down.
"I do not want this to sound arrogant but I think I am good enough,"

No, you are £#%&!ing NOT.

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Not a £#%&!ing chance.

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Ginners

be funny if the new guy starts ahead of him

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:52 AM
carlosartorial

Don't understand the level of criticism this fella gets tbh. I think he's a pretty good stand-in.

Better than the last few anyway. (Carrol, Foster, the other one who always wore a shirt etc..)

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Stickman

I preferred Carroll tbh.

Krusty gives the defence the jitters away from home imo.

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Don't understand the level of criticism this fella gets tbh. I think he's a pretty good stand-in.

Better than the last few anyway. (Carrol, Foster, the other one who always wore a shirt etc..)
despite his recent £#%&! up, i would still have foster every day over PIG

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I preferred Carroll tbh.

Krusty gives the defence the jitters away from home imo.
Me too and he reminded me of Leighton.

Unread 14-01-2011, 10:59 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Me too and he reminded me of Leighton.
And David Hyde Pierce.

I think Krusty is as ok as you expect a no 2 to be. But he ain't a number 1 here. Still, he's gonna say he is though. It's his chance while VDS is out and I'd love him to improve, prove me wrong and take the chance.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And David Hyde Pierce.

I think Krusty is as ok as you expect a no 2 to be. But he ain't a number 1 here. Still, he's gonna say he is though. It's his chance while VDS is out and I'd love him to improve, prove me wrong and take the chance.
Barely imo.

No way he takes his chance, Fergie's already bought his replacement as backup.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And David Hyde Pierce.

I suspect we would all like him too proves us wrong.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Crixus00

Quote:

- He can't kick under any sort of pressure
- He flaps at crosses
- Our defence seem much less commanding/ less confidant with him between the sticks (prob coz they know he can't kick when under pressure and our defence have become accustomed to passing the ball back to VDS when under pressure themselves).

I will say he is a good shot stopper and doesn't seem to make those fatal school boy mistakes so those are positives. But as a No.1?

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:09 AM
toseeunited

Exclamation

good shot stopper.
can't kick at all (his technique is all wrong and it amazes me they've not taught him how to kick at carrington yet )

conclusion: nowhere near good enough for the premier league, never mind manchester united.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:12 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:

whos that then?

can't think of any shirtless keepers we've had.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:13 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
I suspect we would all like him too proves us wrong.
I'm not too sure about that. Some on here would rather see us fail and be correct, I suspect.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
good shot stopper.
can't kick at all (his technique is all wrong and it amazes me they've not taught him how to kick at carrington yet )

conclusion: nowhere near good enough for the premier league, never mind manchester united.
steady on now

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:17 AM
borsuk

kuszczak's a good no 2, never a no 1 for a club like united in a million years.

united's keeper has to be good off the deck, we use him like a sweeper at times. personally i think edwin's first touch is as good as anybody's in the club bar scholes and berbatov. kuszczak's is £#%&!ing awful and his kicking's not much better.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Baron

Funny as £#%&! that he's barely good enough to be our no.2 & yet is better than any keeper at Arsenal & is comfortably better than any other teams no.2 in the league, bar City.

If he leaves he leaves, the Dane is here now & I hope we sign a top, top replacement for VDS who has defied belief with how long he's gone on & maintained standards. I really thought he was on his way about 3 years ago. Top man.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:49 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 139sroberts
But as a No.1?
No. I said 'he's a pretty good stand-in'.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:50 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
whos that then?

can't think of any shirtless keepers we've had.
It was a joke. Whoosh etc.

Unread 14-01-2011, 11:57 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
steady on now
ok maybe that was a bit harsh as he would save you more points than he loses you, but he's a £#%&!ing kamikaze bastard!!
Closed Thread