Unread 03-04-2022, 07:19 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Thoughts on Conte getting 4th place?
Buzzing for him. Has the season ended ? Xxx

Unread 09-04-2022, 06:46 PM
saffers

We might have won the league had we brought in Conte.

Taken some time some are saying, thats just not true. He has in really short time improved so many players and mentalities. Big difference once he got some bodies in January that he knew and could trust (Bentancur and Kulu).

He was getting criticised and mocked for losing a game here and there despite this being Spurs and him only having been there a few months. Really weird imo. Ten Hag in the summer or not. Crazy not to go for Conte when he was avaliable.

Might have won the CL aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Building 🤣🤣🤣
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Sixth round looking very promising for them?
These two guys. Just bet against anything they say.

Addicted to being wrong.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:02 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing shite him isn’t he.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:02 PM
Ethers

That’s weird mate, because at the time you were saying Ralf was the dream appointment

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Thank god he didn’t bring his bad attitude into our dressing room.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:03 PM
puressence

How’s your boy Ralf saffers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:04 PM
Vedder

Class manager. World class.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:06 PM
saffers

93 points wasnt it in his first season at Chelsea?

Not PL proven yikes.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:08 PM
marlo

I’d love a conte or Simeone regardless of the football they play .

what United mean more than ever is a no nonsense animated character that won’t take any shit from the board or the players.

we’ve had too many meek managers and the player power has grown into a monster. every day something is leaked and it’s a piss take.

After a few seasons of getting rid of the egos we then get into a modern manager to manage some egoless hungry intelligent players like the city.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I’d love a conte or Simeone regardless of the football they play .

what United mean more than ever is a no nonsense animated character that won’t take any shit from the board or the players.

we’ve had too many meek managers and the player power has grown into a monster. every day something is leaked and it’s a piss take.

After a few seasons of getting rid of the egos we then get into a modern manager to manage some egoless hungry intelligent players like the city.
We tried that with Mourinho and they backed the players.

It’s easy to look at Conte and assume he’d do the same here. I’d say it’s more than likely he’d have stormed out by now. He had a meltdown with spurs a few weeks ago despite doing a good job

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

It’s easy to look at Conte and assume he’d do the same here. I’d say it’s more than likely he’d have stormed out by now. He had a meltdown with spurs a few weeks ago despite doing a good job
This ffs. Anyone think he'd have these @#%&!s running through walls for him is off their £#%&!ing head.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:25 PM
AK14

3rd most points since his arrival.

Top manager and would have been a good appointment for us obviously.

Unread 09-04-2022, 09:41 PM
marlo

Quote:

I like the fact he had a meltdown
He was pissed off at his own performance as a manager and the results.

Unread 09-04-2022, 09:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I like the fact he had a meltdown
He was pissed off at his own performance as a manager and the results.
I’m not really against it either. The point was more that our lot would have his rocking back and forth, hugging his knees within the first training session.

Unread 10-04-2022, 11:36 AM
Patty_b

Madness that there would be any sort of pining over Conte, first of all, this...

Quote:
Secondly, he wouldn't have come in for 6 months on an interim basis. And then we'd miss out on what looks to be ETH at the end of the season.

Given the choice of a very generous hypothetical of 4th this season with Conte, or 8th and ETH coming in at the end of the season with the control he wants, then I'd go with the latter option every time.

Unread 10-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Madness that there would be any sort of pining over Conte, first of all, this...

Secondly, he wouldn't have come in for 6 months on an interim basis. And then we'd miss out on what looks to be ETH at the end of the season.

Given the choice of a very generous hypothetical of 4th this season with Conte, or 8th and ETH coming in at the end of the season with the control he wants, then I'd go with the latter option every time.
Only we all know ETH is not going to get the control he wants.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:26 PM
puressence

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Pure’s most beloved thread since David Brooks

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:28 PM
puressence

Quote:
Pure’s most beloved thread since David Brooks
We’re signing him after he recovers from illness on a free