United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Luke Shaw or Danny Rose?
Keep Luke Shaw - let Jose get a tune out of him 18 62.07%
Sign Danny Rose 10 34.48%
Sign another lb - name them 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:03 PM
windy waffles

Default Luke Shaw vs Danny Rose

With Luke Shaw now looking like he is getting back to full fitness, talks of him being one of the fittest lads in the group and making an impressive return last night, would you rather Jose actually coaches the player or do we go out and spend £50m on Danny Rose?

Despite his good performance last night you know for a fact he probably won't even make the 18 man squad at the weekend and Jose still doesn't fancy him. Any appearances are probably to put him in the shop windows in the hope that Spurs come calling for him.

I'm torn to be honest. Love to see Luke come good but there is obviously something wrong with his attitude and you know another long lay off is only around the corner...

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
With Luke Shaw now looking like he is getting back to full fitness, talks of him being one of the fittest lads in the group and making an impressive return last night, would you rather Jose actually coaches the player or do we go out and spend £50m on Danny Rose?

Despite his good performance last night you know for a fact he probably won't even make the 18 man squad at the weekend and Jose still doesn't fancy him. Any appearances are probably to put him in the shop windows in the hope that Spurs come calling for him.

I'm torn to be honest. Love to see Luke come good but there is obviously something wrong with his attitude and you know another long lay off is only around the corner...
Got cramp after 70 minutes..

Would stick with Lukey boy tbh. Get Demetri Mitchell in the squad as back up.

£50m for Danny Rose ffs

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:06 PM
waynes ear's

burn the £#%&!ing forum down

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:07 PM
windy waffles

Dunk - talks of him being the fittest lad in the squad according to the rags. Not to say I agree with it...

Although he was probably the source who claimed it.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:12 PM
goldfinger II

It's just hard to trust that Shaw will turn it around.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Denis Irwell

Decent going forward

In La-la land when he was ball watching and his man slipped behind him to cross for the goal

Sums him up

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:16 PM
windy waffles

Not seen enough of Danny Rose defensively to know if he's good enough to be our #1 left back but always impressive going forward (or was before his injury).

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

I’d keep Shaw. Would rather have Bertrand than Rose in any event.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Vedder

Shaw is £#%&!ing £#%&!.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:25 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

it'd probably involve a swap deal because it works for all parties
shaw gets to live it up in London with those £#%&!ers, Rose gets to be paid more than our reserves and both clubs are rid of an unwanted player

i'd still offer him to chelsea for Luiz though

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:27 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
it'd probably involve a swap deal because it works for all parties
shaw gets to live it up in London with those £#%&!ers, Rose gets to be paid more than our reserves and both clubs are rid of an unwanted player

i'd still offer him to chelsea for Luiz though
Sounds like spurs don’t want Shaw based on what journos are saying (yes, I know)

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:29 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Sounds like spurs don’t want Shaw based on what journos are saying (yes, I know)
they took Trippier from Burnley, of course, they want average English full backs

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:31 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I’d keep Shaw. Would rather have Bertrand than Rose in any event.
Do you watch many Southampton matches?

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Do you watch many Southampton matches?
Yeah I’ve seen him plenty over the past few years you irritating @#%&!

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:50 PM
puressence

Can’t help fear shaws utd career is over. Can’t trust him to play 20 on the spin which for a 22 year old should be easy Rose or Bertrand or Mitchell even chilwell at Leicester there’s an abundance of top full backs outhere and it’s a joke our two main ones albeit decent players are converted wingers 32 plus .. we get two top full back the whole dimension of the team changes. Your not relying on martial and whoever the right attacker is to be playing like another fullback Really hope he continues with the 3 at the back Think it’s ideal for us

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Crumps

The kids at Fulham and Celtic are gonna be worth keeping an eye on. If Shaw can react like Martial did we’ll be fine, remember Luke has had a load of injuries so it’s not like he’s been able to perform to the best of his abilities in training in order to win his place it’s been a lot of stop start and back from the beginning again. Was it on here that I read about Martial’s form being inspite of José and that José was trying to force him out of the club before him shaking off his SSS? It was that idiotic I’d assumed it was on Facebook but couldn’t find the post.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:54 PM
puressence

Martial can be anything for me crumps he’s £#%&!ing brilliant should be first in the sheet with matic and dave .. remember last season the likes of Mersin saying he will be sold for 20 million and Jeff sterling literally just laughing at Merson. Like yeah ok paul get back to your beer you crank.

And good call on sessegnon and tierney both great players Watford have a really good right back Kiki he’s called .. personally would have Fabinho tomorrow

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:57 PM
windy waffles

Is Dani Alves still knocking about?

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:58 PM
AK14

Would like nothing more than to see Shaw turn it around here but I just can't see it tbh

Tierney or Sessegnon are options

The Napoli left back like looked good before he did his knee

£50m on rose seems a bit a steep tbf and personally think there has to be better options out there than him for that type of price

Apparently Sandro at Juve is up for sale in January and would be a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Is Dani Alves still knocking about?
He's a right back

At PSG

They've got another good right back that we should be looking at as Tone's eventual replacement.

Unread 06-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Martial can be anything for me crumps he’s f***ing brilliant should be first in the sheet with matic and dave .. remember last season the likes of Mersin saying he will be sold for 20 million and Jeff sterling literally just laughing at Merson. Like yeah ok paul get back to your beer you crank.

And good call on sessegnon and tierney both great players Watford have a really good right back Kiki he’s called .. personally would have Fabinho tomorrow
Martial could quite easily win the Balloon Door if he carries on the way he has, he’s such a talent the only thing that could stop him is him. Had a hard year last year down to the old SSS and not having a settled home life, he’s new bird is awesome too, just keep him happy love.

I like Fabinho but he sees himself as a midfielder now doesn’t he? Would be an absolutely fantastic player for the squad as high quality options for CM and RB.
Closed Thread