United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Coracao

Default Reserves vs Hull City

Zoran Tosic is the senior member of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce's squad for the Barclays Premier Reserve League North trip to Hull City tonight.

Second-placed United are attempting to keep the pressure up on league leaders Liverpool, who currently have a five-point lead - although the Reds have a game in hand.

For those who follow United's Under-18s, Will Keane's inclusion in the squad is noticeable as the Stockport-born striker is in excellent form at youth level.

The 16-year-old, who has featured previously for the second string, has scored seven goals in his last four games for the U18s and, as the only recognised out-and-out striker in the squad, could be in line for a run-out.

Kick-off at Church Road is at 19:00 GMT. Watch the game live on MUTV, coverage starts at 18:30 GMT. Or return to ManUtd.com after final whistle for a full report.

United team from: Zieler (GK), Tunnicliffe, Gill, Wootton, De Laet, James, Stewart, Hewson, Norwood, Eikrem, Tosic, Ajose, Devlin (GK), W.Keane.

Good to see Keane in the squad, he's been very impressive in recent weeks.

Unread 24-11-2009, 03:19 PM
PaulParkers

Default Re: Reserves vs Hull City

Please change your avatar

Unread 24-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Please change your avatar
Funnily enough, I was actually thinking of changing it before.

Unread 24-11-2009, 03:50 PM
dunk

I fell a bit sorry for Tosic. His nationality is giving him a bit of a disadvantage 1st team game wise. He would've been in and around the team for the next two CL games if it weren't for the quota's.

Unread 24-11-2009, 04:48 PM
redstu7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I fell a bit sorry for Tosic. His nationality is giving him a bit of a disadvantage 1st team game wise. He would've been in and around the team for the next two CL games if it weren't for the quota's.
was thinking of going tonight but cant be arsed now!

Unread 24-11-2009, 04:50 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
is that the new excuse?

he hasnt made it because of his nationality?

how many carling cup games has he started? thats got £#%&! all to do with his serbian roots

Unread 24-11-2009, 04:53 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
is that the new excuse?

how many carling cup games has he started? thats got £#%&! all to do with his serbian roots
He'd just come back from injury for the last game.

And yes his nationaliy has held him back this year in the champions league, if he was an eu player he would have been in the squad.
Hes not had a crack of the whip at all yet so not worth getting worked up about, if he plays 20-30 games and hes clearly shit then fine but to have a go after a few pre season freindlies is ludicrous

Unread 24-11-2009, 05:30 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Funnily enough, I was actually thinking of changing it before.
No, actually change it back; Brian made me piss

Unread 24-11-2009, 05:38 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
is that the new excuse?

having a dig at yet another united player, whatever next.

Unread 24-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Whalefish

RN and RI have suggested why he hasn't featured, usual word on the street and so on. I've got two kids to get ready for bed will pop back later.

Links for the game tonight?

Unread 24-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
RN and RI have suggested why he hasn't featured, usual word on the street and so on. I've got two kids to get ready for bed will pop back later.

Go on then...

Unread 24-11-2009, 07:40 PM
marlo

Quote:

whats the usual word that phillip??

surely you can post a rumour ffs

Unread 24-11-2009, 07:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
He'd just come back from injury for the last game.

And yes his nationaliy has held him back this year in the champions league, if he was an eu player he would have been in the squad.
Hes not had a crack of the whip at all yet so not worth getting worked up about, if he plays 20-30 games and hes clearly shit then fine but to have a go after a few pre season freindlies is ludicrous
he has been here a year and cost more that obertan.

there is a reason obertan has come back from injury and over taken him in the pecking order.

he isnt good enough. otherwise he would be in the squad or in or arouind the matchday squads not a reserve 'big gun'

Unread 24-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
whats the usual word that phillip??

surely you can post a rumour ffs
Can't you £#%&!ing read? I've just said I'm sorting my lads out for bed. I'll stick it up later. I'm sure you can hold off slagging the lad for 10/20mins.

Unread 24-11-2009, 08:04 PM
originalhogg

William Keane is on the bench, good striker from what ive seen in the youth squad

Unread 24-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Whalefish

It was on the Sanc but has also been in RN (I forget which issue, one of the recent ones).

Anyway, apparently it's all been down to the lad's mind state and inability to settle in Manchester, really homesick and there was talk of moving him on. The lad wants to sort it out but until he does he hasn't been considered ready to play much of a part for the first team. Mrs is supposed to be hating it over here too, a la Vidic.

Lets hope the other Serb who arrives in January is made of tougher stuff. Seems like the Serbian women have the %@#$&!s too.

Anyway, I don't really care but that's what has been put out. I think it's absolute nonsense to say he's a shit footballer, he hasn't looked anything like it for Serbia but whether he's good enough for Utd I dunno and if the above is true (and I don't know if it is) I doubt we'll ever find out.

Oh - and the same article (I think) said Utd have paid the bulk/majority of the reported fee to Partizan for the other kid. I just hope for all the fuss he can control the ball, has a bit of pace and can spot a pass. A goal threat would be great too.

Unread 24-11-2009, 08:31 PM
BarryX

Quote:
It was on the Sanc but has also been in RN (I forget which issue, one of the recent ones).

Anyway, apparently it's all been down to the lad's mind state and inability to settle in Manchester, really homesick and there was talk of moving him on. The lad wants to sort it out but until he does he hasn't been considered ready to play much of a part for the first team. Mrs is supposed to be hating it over here too, a la Vidic.

Lets hope the other Serb who arrives in January is made of tougher stuff. Seems like the Serbian women have the %@#$&!s too.

Anyway, I don't really care but that's what has been put out. I think it's absolute nonsense to say he's a shit footballer, he hasn't looked anything like it for Serbia but whether he's good enough for Utd I dunno and if the above is true I doubt we'll ever find out.

Oh - and the same article (I think) said Utd have paid the bulk/majority of the reported fee to Partizan for the other kid.
all of that would make sense to me (having tried to live with my balkans mrs in the NW for a couple of years). Its pretty much the polar opposite of SE Europe - climate, food, culture etc. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if she did have a bigger set of balls than him .... £#%&! me do I get mine broken on enough occasion..

Unread 24-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
all of that would make sense to me (having tried to live with my balkans mrs in the NW for a couple of years). Its pretty much the polar opposite of SE Europe - climate, food, culture etc. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if she did have a bigger set of balls than him .... £#%&! me do I get mine broken on enough occasion..
I don't know a great deal about Serbia tbh. Is the climate that much different?

Unread 24-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Manchester

No one watching the game then?

Unread 24-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Whalefish

Me no link.
Closed Thread