United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2022, 12:54 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Indeed. Murtough, fletcher, Arnold and the glazers now know exactly what’s wrong with the football side of the club and within the dressing room, and rangnick has told them how to fix it, which is congruent with what the new manager has been telling them. And Murtough/Arnold/glazers will continue to get advice on that when they need it on a consultancy basis. Quite an improvement over woodward making such decisions.

And it looks like the club are heeding that advice.

Not as good as him taking over from Murtough, but that was never on the cards unless Arnold decided Murtough was useless. .

But he was qualified to assess it and advise the club. That coupled with his style being congruent with the direction Murtough and fletcher want to go with future managers is why he was appointed.
Qualified now? Being an ex player is not enough. He’s another cheap and easy company boy. You’re kidding yourself if you think anything else.

If he goes on to do a great job, I’ll be the first to say I’m wrong. But you can’t say he is qualified when the only experience he has is the time he has spent with the current shit show.

Unread 01-05-2022, 01:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Just that Ralf has actually found a way of making a shit show even worse. people are forgiving all that because they’re delighted it shines a spotlight on the players.
How can make the shit show better? He was a lame duck manager who wasn’t allowed to buy players. Clearly the club underestimated the issues within the dressing room and thought getting rid of Ole would have fixed things so a lame duck manager wouldn’t matter as performances would automatically improve. The club £#%&!ed up.

Given the actual issues, the only way to fix it was with transfers in and out in January, as well as making it clear to the players that rangnick had authority over them by informing them rangnick would be accessing and deciding their futures.

As it was, rangnick’s interim management suffered from the same thing the permanent managers have suffered from. An undermining of authority handing all the power to the players. And we’ve thus seen a shortened managerial cycle with rangnick that we see with the permanent managers as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Qualified now? Being an ex player is not enough. He’s another cheap and easy company boy. You’re kidding yourself if you think anything else.

If he goes on to do a great job, I’ll be the first to say I’m wrong. But you can’t say he is qualified when the only experience he has is the time he has spent with the current shit show.
I have noidea what you’re taking about. I was referring to rangnick.

Unread 01-05-2022, 01:32 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

I have noidea what you’re taking about. I was referring to rangnick.
Yeah, I was skim reading on the bus home. I must have Fletcher on the brain. Agree with you on Ralf actually.

Unread 01-05-2022, 03:38 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Technically he’s done a better job than ralf finishing higher than him in his two season. (As well as going on a 12 game winning run when first taking over)
He was here for 3 years frauding it up, wasting over half a billion.

Ralf has completely restructured our footballing administrative department. He picked ETH, he will have played an instrumental role in bringing in Mitchell, he will be playing a big role in signings this summer.

Unread 01-05-2022, 03:40 PM
dunk

Unread 01-05-2022, 03:46 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You won't be laughing when Mitchell and Ralf bring in the next Tchouameni, Mane, Nkunku, Heung Min Son,

You'll be dancing.

Unread 01-05-2022, 08:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
It’s honestly insane. I had high hopes when he arrived due to the constant online narrative that it was all Ole’s fault and they just needed a proper coach rather than a ‘PE teacher’ absolute £#%&!ing nonsense. We’ve gone backwards at a rate of knots. His impact his been nil. Carrick had a greater impact, by miles, even if it was only 3 games.
I wouldn’t say we’ve gone backwards - the slide has just continued.

Unread 02-05-2022, 01:05 AM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I wouldn’t say we’ve gone backwards - the slide has just continued.
Ole brought the players out of slumps before. He kept us undefeated on the road. This season though he was saddled with one ego too many and it didn't just unbalance the dressing room, it capsized it.

But Rangnick's done... nothing.

He's got his name out there, getting his face on television for one of the biggest clubs in the world. And it's got him a second wage. All for doing nothing. The club could have appointed anyone and they went for this loser. Yes, we've gone backwards.

Unread 02-05-2022, 01:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomq15
Ole brought the players out of slumps before. He kept us undefeated on the road. This season though he was saddled with one ego too many and it didn't just unbalance the dressing room, it capsized it.

But Rangnick's done... nothing.

He's got his name out there, getting his face on television for one of the biggest clubs in the world. And it's got him a second wage. All for doing nothing. The club could have appointed anyone and they went for this loser. Yes, we've gone backwards.
Who could they have appointed to do the job for 6 months that wasn’t currently in employed?

Unread 02-05-2022, 02:29 AM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who could they have appointed to do the job for 6 months that wasn’t currently in employed?
Tough question, no doubt, but could you see Liverpool or City appointing this guy if they needed someone for 6 months? What about Chelsea? What Arsenal or Spurs (and they really are a shambles)? How about Leicester, Wolves or West Ham? They'd all have found someone else.

No one even approaching United's size would have looked twice at Ralf.

Unread 02-05-2022, 06:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blomq15
Tough question, no doubt, but could you see Liverpool or City appointing this guy if they needed someone for 6 months? What about Chelsea? What Arsenal or Spurs (and they really are a shambles)? How about Leicester, Wolves or West Ham? They'd all have found someone else.

No one even approaching United's size would have looked twice at Ralf.
Chelsea were interested in appointing him before they managed to get Tuchel.

Unread 02-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
He was here for 3 years frauding it up, wasting over half a billion.

Ralf has completely restructured our footballing administrative department. He picked ETH, he will have played an instrumental role in bringing in Mitchell,he will be playing a big role in signings this summer.
Getting ahead of yourself there.

Unread 02-05-2022, 01:10 PM
Jethro

Chelsea are sniffing around Mitchell. They're in bad shape but still a better prospect than we are. Just hope Ralph has twisted his arm.

Unread 02-05-2022, 01:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Chelsea are sniffing around Mitchell. They're in bad shape but still a better prospect than we are. Just hope Ralph has twisted his arm.
We’re not even interested in Mitchell based on most of what’s been said today. Fletcher is the key

Unread 02-05-2022, 01:30 PM
Joe Biden

It's the ole shit all over again with fletcher. Jobs for the boys as Keane said. Who else is giving this chancer such a role?

Unread 02-05-2022, 01:39 PM
Jethro

Quote:
We’re not even interested in Mitchell based on most of what’s been said today. Fletcher is the key
Maybe he is They all have to start somewhere. Can't imagine Spurs fans being bowled over appointing someone who's previous jobs included MK Dons.

Unread 02-05-2022, 04:42 PM
Curtis

Fletcher is a tool. Embarrassing himself at every opportunity. Mediocrity personified. Doing more harm than good.
Bin.

Unread 02-05-2022, 05:09 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Fletcher is a tool. Embarrassing himself at every opportunity. Mediocrity personified. Doing more harm than good.
Bin.
What has he done?

Unread 02-05-2022, 05:10 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
What has he done?
Exactly.

Unread 02-05-2022, 05:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
What has he done?
Interviewed and recommended the appointment of ETH appears to be the only publicly recognisable thing he's done so far

A lot of people never liked him when he was a player and have just extended it to his current role and are assuming he's neither good enough or deserving of it as a result. Truth is nobody knows. He might be the driving factor behind the positive changes we're seeing . Similar to the Carrick and Mckenna are useless statements, nobody actually knows, it's just taken as fact and repeated because it's easy.
Closed Thread