United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2008, 06:52 PM
tatty

Default I'm nowhere near as excited about tommorrow as I was in '99

I don't know whether it's because i've seen us win it once or because we're playing another premiership side but it's nothing like it was before playing Bayern.

Miserable @#%&!.

Unread 20-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Sloppy

Its because were playing chelsea.Last time we played on the sunday/saturday before the final didnt we?If so you would be still buzzing from that.It seems weeks ago that we were playing wigan.

Unread 20-05-2008, 07:02 PM
MJ Ramone

It does seem a lifetime since we won the Title...but yesterday & particuarly today I've really switched on to this game.
I'm nervous as £#%&!, but I'm really exited now as well.

It is slightly dissapointing that we're playing an English team...it is being billed as a 'Battle Of Britain' or 'What a great achievement for the Premier League' etc.. rather than a European Cup Final.

I'm sick of all the pundits going on & on about last years Cup Final & how we OWE the Country a decent game.
I don't care if we foul, kick, bore or fluke our way to victory..obviously I'd rather we won in a glorious United fashion...but I just want that Trophy in United hands.
I don't wanna wake up on Thursday morning with that horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach....you all know the one.

Unread 20-05-2008, 07:12 PM
wee man

yep - I've been really chillied out about it as well. Sometimes have had to remind myself that's it's actually happening. Today though is different - PMT has really kicked in today.

Unread 20-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Skag Trendy

It will be shit.

Unread 20-05-2008, 07:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I don't know whether it's because i've seen us win it once or because we're playing another premiership side but it's nothing like it was before playing Bayern.

Miserable @#%&!.
or maybe it's cos you're nine years older and can't get it up any more.

Unread 20-05-2008, 07:18 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
or maybe it's cos you're nine years older and can't get it up any more.
The future ex-wife can testify about the effects of my 3 inches of wriggling fury.

Unread 20-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
yep - I've been really chillied out about it as well. Sometimes have had to remind myself that's it's actually happening. Today though is different - PMT has really kicked in today.
Looking forward to your Friday chilli then

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It does seem a lifetime since we won the Title...but yesterday & particuarly today I've really switched on to this game.
I'm nervous as £#%&!, but I'm really exited now as well.

It is slightly dissapointing that we're playing an English team...it is being billed as a 'Battle Of Britain' or 'What a great achievement for the Premier League' etc.. rather than a European Cup Final.

I'm sick of all the pundits going on & on about last years Cup Final & how we OWE the Country a decent game.
I don't care if we foul, kick, bore or fluke our way to victory..obviously I'd rather we won in a glorious United fashion...but I just want that Trophy in United hands.
I don't wanna wake up on Thursday morning with that horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach....you all know the one.
We don't though do we? Should we lose the European Cup final, it'll be a whole new world of pain for all of us.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
We don't though do we? Should we lose the European Cup final, it'll be a whole new world of pain for all of us.
Seriously?

I'll be gutted, but not that gutted. We are champions, that's all I care about at the start of any season. Cups are a bonus. It'd be a nice bonus, granted, but I'd have been devastated if we'd not beaten Wigan last Sunday and let the renters win the league as a consequence. I won't be that down if we lose tomorrow night, unless we let ourselves down by not playing as we can.

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:02 PM
believe

i thought i wasn't that arsed due to the opposition/venue/not being there but i woke up this morning like a man possessed.

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Seriously?

I'll be gutted, but not that gutted. We are champions, that's all I care about at the start of any season. Cups are a bonus. It'd be a nice bonus, granted, but I'd have been devastated if we'd not beaten Wigan last Sunday and let the renters win the league as a consequence. I won't be that down if we lose tomorrow night, unless we let ourselves down by not playing as we can.
I agree to an extent, I kind of feel the same way, but this is such a great oppurtunity, and we've NEVER lost a major European final, I just think it'll feel very very bad should it happen, a new kind of bad, particularly to lose it to those absolute @#%&!s.

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:27 PM
denis lawless

its the playing another english team that takes the shine off for me

still want the big eared bastard though !!!!

and i'll be wearing bike clips all day tomorrow...just incase

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
I agree to an extent, I kind of feel the same way, but this is such a great oppurtunity, and we've NEVER lost a major European final, I just think it'll feel very very bad should it happen, a new kind of bad, particularly to lose it to those absolute @#%&!s.
Don't be afraid of losing. It happens.

However, if we'd been playing the thieves.....I'd probably have already worked myself into a whirling dervish-like state of delirium...

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:40 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
its the playing another english team that takes the shine off for me

still want the big eared bastard though !!!!

and i'll be wearing bike clips all day tomorrow...just incase
yhpm

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:43 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yhpm

Unread 21-05-2008, 12:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Miserable @#%&!.
me neither. I was far more nervous the two days before we played the scouse this season. with the title in the bag, I see this one as a bonus if we win. a @#%&! if we lose, but more because we will lose to chelsea (and all that entails - tery, cole and the like) rather than the losing itself. Its a weird one, but am sure I'll get a bit more excited as today progresses.

Unread 21-05-2008, 01:21 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i woke up this morning like a man possessed.
to meet people?

Unread 21-05-2008, 03:12 AM
silv

i was only 13 last time around, what a day tomorrow will be..

Unread 21-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i was only 13 last time around, what a day tomorrow will be..
young @#%&!.
Closed Thread