United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:01 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default i think we'll get Kane. TWICI

he's said he wants to go, I think this time Levy accepts it. I think Bayern coming in at whatever price they've bid, means he's got some leverage with fans etc if Utd come in with a whopper. I think we're gonna be in there. Maybe Martial goes the other way (obvs complex with all personal terms etc) but can see them taking 75m plus Martial say or a 95m cash deal.

I think Kane would rather stay in England than go there... even with the takeover whichever group it is would likely have indicated they're not against it, and it's not like we'd need them to stump up so that's not gonna be a blocker. If 60m can be green lit for big nose, then Big H for a few more won't be a problem. We're desperate for a decent CF and Kane = guaranteed goals. The Ramos stuff is backup in case it doesn't happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...chester-united

It's on I tells ya!

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:02 AM
dunk

I too have a faint flicker of hope on this one for some reason..

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:05 AM
armchair

I'm not sure the money is available.

They might take Maguire. He's good in a three. England international.

Bunker Buster

Couldn't care less....

The most unexciting big name signing in history....

If it is done, make it quick, really not even bothered about seeing him in the kit, uninspired, tepid, English bagsman...

NedKelly

The boy is ready to become a man.

King Kane

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:06 AM
Patty_b

RVP-esque deadline day signing

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:08 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Couldn't care less....

If it is done, make it quick, really not even bothered about seeing him in the kit, uninspired, tepid, English bagsman...
ffs never happy this lad.

Bunk's perfect United side...

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
ffs never happy this lad.

Bunk's perfect United side...

Not true, I can get excited about signings just not this one...

It's Harry kane....FFS.

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:10 AM
BigJim

I don't think it's worth it to Levy. He's on very thin ice with the support as it is, and it's not really about 100m because they would need a replacement, and if anyone knows what they cost it's us. At least this way he knows he's giving the new manager the best chance in his first season and he can kick the free transfer down the road a year; deal with it then.

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:11 AM
dunk

Assuming our financial fortunes are about to change for the better and the footballing side is to improve its scouting and recruitment, Kane is perfect. Bring him in (and Hojlund ideally) and start looking for his replacement immediately.

If we’re going to remain a financial cluster£#%&!, the having to replace him, Cas, Varane and possibly Bruno all at a similar time might not be ideal.

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:13 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'm not sure the money is available.

They might take Maguire. He's good in a three. England international.
I think they'd make it for this. even though the people running the club are dumb, i think everyone can see what kane brings. we're the only english club that has the funds plus the opening in the side.

the only reason i think there's even a flicker of doubt inside the club is his age and the amount of years you get out of him.

basically i don't think even utd are stupid enough not to get him if he's available and the bayern stuff shows that he definitely is imo.

est.1878

cant get excited about any signing that is linked for over a month. this is obvs years down the line. i know the problem is mine and I will never get another buzz like andrew cole via teletext after school .

ErikvanHaaksbergen

If you believe it, get some money down. As long as 12s to come, versus practically evens to land at Bayern.

Munich want Mane out. Makes far more sense from Spurs' perspective to want Mane over there than Martial, if player swaps is the logic here. Bayern have the greater leverage on useful players to send.

Levy will not sell domestically if opportunity is there to send him abroad at roughly same income. Levy's the most irrational exec going .. hence Spurs find themselves where they are despite spending 100s of millions on a squad that was in the European Cup final a few years ago. Levy is king of hubris.

Qatari statement signing by blowing next financial suitor out the water .. v. possibly .. absent of that (e.g. he leaves this summer on a fee), not going to happen ..

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:16 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
I think they'd make it for this. even though the people running the club are dumb, i think everyone can see what kane brings. we're the only english club that has the funds plus the opening in the side.

the only reason i think there's even a flicker of doubt inside the club is his age and the amount of years you get out of him.

basically i don't think even utd are stupid enough not to get him if he's available and the bayern stuff shows that he definitely is imo.
He’s got another five years in him easy. He’s never been reliant on pace, it’s his positioning and workrate alongside his finishing ability that makes him the player he is. He’s also a more than decent passer of the ball. The complete centre forward and someone who would have an immediate positive impact.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him playing at the top level until he’s 35/36.

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:16 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
If you believe it, get some money down. As long as 12s to come, versus practically evens to land at Bayern.

Munich want Mane out. Makes far more sense from Spurs' perspective to want Mane over there than Martial, if player swaps is the logic here. Bayern have the greater leverage on useful players to send.

Levy will not sell domestically if opportunity is there to send him abroad at roughly same income. Levy's the most irrational exec going .. hence Spurs find themselves where they are despite spending 100s of millions on a squad that was in the European Cup final a few years ago. Levy is king of hubris.

Qatari statement signing by blowing next financial suitor out the water .. v. possibly .. absent of that (e.g. he leaves this summer on a fee), not going to happen ..
think you're forgetting that kane has a say in it too. if united come in with decent cash and he's got the choice i don't think he goes there.

he's a richmond thick sausage guy, not bratwurst imo...

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Lok

Quote:
Couldn't care less....

If you can't get excited about signing Kane, who can you get excited by?

He's scored 17 or more league goals every season since he broke through. Most years it's well north of 20. League goals, not all comps.

He's the complete forward. Obviously he puts the ball in the net but he can drop deep. He can hold it up. He can be the target man. He can go wide and whip the ball in.

On top of that he seems a model professional who is desperate to finally win some trophies.

He's the closest to a sure thing we'll get. Add £10m to whatever Bayern offer and tap him the £#%&! up. Move heaven and earth to make it happen. With him in the team along with a new keeper, we'd be challengers.

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Cheers for the heads up. Forgot they did transfer specials.

Money on!

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:23 AM
atticusgrinch

If Qatar finalise before the deadline it can happen. Otherwise, it ain't.

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If you can't get excited about signing Kane, who can you get excited by?

He's scored 17 or more league goals every season since he broke through. Most years it's well north of 20. League goals, not all comps.

He's the complete forward. Obviously he puts the ball in the net but he can drop deep. He can hold it up. He can be the target man. He can go wide and whip the ball in.

On top of that he seems a model professional who is desperate to finally win some trophies.

He's the closest to a sure thing we'll get. Add £10m to whatever Bayern offer and tap him the £#%&! up. Move heaven and earth to make it happen. With him in the team along with a new keeper, we'd be challengers.
Any other spicy striker in work football ?

Every Saturday, glance at scores spurs 1 - Fulham 2 (kane 12')

He score goals, most weekends, but that's all he had, goals, arm in the air, mouth agape, back to the centre circle....

There's nothing about him, no spice, controversy, no snide, glee, enjoyment....

He's a Matalan Messi, football by numbers....

When he scores people go "yay"

Unread 30-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Any other spicy striker in work football ?

Every Saturday, glance at scores spurs 1 - Fulham 2 (kane 12')

He score goals, most weekends, but that's all he had, goals[, arm in the air, mouth agape, back to the centre circle....

There's nothing about him, no spice, controversy, no snide, glee, enjoyment....

He's a Matalan Messi, football by numbers....

When he scores people go "yay"
Oh shit. Call it off lads...
Closed Thread