United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It was always going to happen now, he's wanted a move for ages and he looked proper fed up this season, can't blame the £#%&!er.

I might be in a minority with this, but other than his shot stopping which was other worldly, he was painfully average.

He can't dominate his own 18 yard area, he can't sweep, he can't distribute with his feet, he can't throw the ball and he's a bit all round soft.

No doubt that he's saved us more points than he would ever cost us, but a well thought out replacement could suit a positive style of play much better than De Gea.

There's no point having a keeper who can play with the ball at his feet if the defenders can't. As soon as it lands at Smalling's feet we're in trouble again.

De Gea has been out only world class player for some time. No matter how good the likes of Ederson look, I wouldn't swap.

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:25 PM
ScarFace

Degea has one year left on his contract. He was always going to be sold unless he signed soon. Hopefully, we get at least 80mil for him.

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There's no point having a keeper who can play with the ball at his feet if the defenders can't. As soon as it lands at Smalling's feet we're in trouble again.
Won't argue with that, but that's not De Gea's only limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
De Gea has been out only world class player for some time. No matter how good the likes of Ederson look, I wouldn't swap.
Hate to say it but I disagree, I'd take Ederson over De Gea.

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:32 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Romerio in net/Henderson/Grant as back up.
Cannot afford to spend on a replacement keeper as well as replacing all the other shit@#%&!s
Henderson won't be satisfied with being a back up keeper.

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:33 PM
Cream

Disgusting performances of late.

Funny how Pogba gets pelters but this lad is just going through a rough patch.

Looks like both are on the way out and have known so for a while. Heads turned.

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Jethro

Does his personal coach get a cut of the fee? @#%&!.

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

I don't even know why he bothers been in goal for penalties
Did anyone even have slightest shred of hope he'd save it even though didn't really mean anything

Probably for the best we part ways as he's clearly become stagnant and needs a fresh challenge which is understandable

Big issue for Dave is who is going to come in for him that could afford his wages

Unread 13-05-2019, 02:47 PM
The Return of Tim

His penalty saving technique is weird. It basically seems to be collapse on his knees while making a really half arsed attempt to go one way or the other, but not committing in any way. So whichever side the taker puts it , he's getting nowhere near it even if he goes the right way.

Thanks

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:06 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Henderson won't be satisfied with being a back up keeper.
Got a client who is a Blades season ticket holder, he absolutely raves about Henderson.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I don't even know why he bothers been in goal for penalties
Did anyone even have slightest shred of hope he'd save it even though didn't really mean anything

Probably for the best we part ways as he's clearly become stagnant and needs a fresh challenge which is understandable

Big issue for Dave is who is going to come in for him that could afford his wages
PSG & Real. Maybe Juve.

Given the fee won't be as high as it should be, the wages will be fine I suspect, fat signing fee etc.

He's been amazing, but should leave & it should start the ball rolling for a few others to go as well.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Disgusting performances of late.

Funny how Pogba gets pelters but this lad is just going through a rough patch.

Looks like both are on the way out and have known so for a while. Heads turned.
De Gea has bailed us out time after time. He has been player of the season 4 times in his time here. He keeps a relatively low profile.

Pogba left us for a pittance and came back costing us a fortune,. He has done little to justify his cost and is often seen dancing on instagram whilst we're shite. He has has 1 good game in every 10 and if it wasn't for the fact he's our penalty taker his stats would be quite awful.

But yeah, it's definitely because we're all closet racists.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:13 PM
Mr Kaboom

Marseille's reserve keeper incoming.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:21 PM
utd99

The conversation about De Gea is not as simple as ‘He’s the best in the world, we should move heaven and earth to keep him’. Every player adds and every player subtracts. What he adds has been very clear, but what he subtracts has largely been ignored.

If we need a goalkeeper who constantly bails us out, then we’re doing something wrong elsewhere on the pitch. That’s contributed to De Gea’s legend for far too long. I distrust players that don’t develop their all round game, and he hasn’t. Whether it’s Madrid, PSG, wherever..he’s going to get found out elsewhere same as he did with Spain and us this year.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Vedder

Thumbs up

Honestly couldn’t give a flying £#%&!. They can all £#%&! off imo. Every single one of the @#%&!s

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:24 PM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Honestly couldn’t give a flying £#%&!. They can all £#%&! off imo. Every single one of the @#%&!s
This

Thanks

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Clownbones

I think the time is right for him to go.

He deserves a move and his recent dip in form is probably symptomatic of him being £#%&!ing worn out.

He can be replaced. If not by a better keeper, then a better £#%&!ing team overall.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If we need a goalkeeper who constantly bails us out, then we’re doing something wrong elsewhere on the pitch.
Schmeichel was always bailing us out.

One decent player we have and people aren’t arsed about losing him. I guess our issues with keepers (and Liverpool’s) over the years has taught people nothing.

Not like we have any other players who need replacing this summer. May as well get rid of the decent ones too. Seems a good strategy for a successful rebuild. What could possibly go wrong.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
PSG & Real. Maybe Juve.

Given the fee won't be as high as it should be, the wages will be fine I suspect, fat signing fee etc.

He's been amazing, but should leave & it should start the ball rolling for a few others to go as well.
Not sure...definitely no chance of Real

De Gea is rated far higher in Britain than he is in the rest of Europe

Think he might find it difficult to find a club at the level he wants

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:56 PM
redhegemony

If he wants to go then we should let him. Don't want players who want to be somewhere else not good for the club.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:57 PM
silv

our only decent player.
Closed Thread