Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
He does have a chubby face and he’s never won a thing tbf

Pochacreamo? No thanks

Unread 13-01-2019, 06:57 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Absolutely. Ole Gunnar or some mercenary 'super-coach' using us as a stop on his CV before he goes to Real Madrid? Let's have an identity.
This 100%. I trust the guy, know he cares and understands the club. ZZ? £#%&! off,

Unread 13-01-2019, 06:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Absolutely. Ole Gunnar or some mercenary 'super-coach' using us as a stop on his CV before he goes to Real Madrid? Let's have an identity.
I’m with you on this

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted anything more than Solskjaer to be a roaring success

Maybe a lottery win..

Unread 13-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
identity reds

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:02 PM
MagnificentSeven

our players clearly love playing for him.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:07 PM
tatty

He's had a perfect start, and I love the guy, but lets not kid ourselves that on another day Spurs wouldn't have had 4 or 5.

Woodward would be making another huge mistake if Poch is available but we opt to give it to Ole.

We're just being blinded at the moment by football that seems out of this world but in fact is just normal.

We're still working Mou out of our system.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:08 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Great post and articulates my feelings so well.

Would rather be 3rd with Ole than 2nd with Diego El Trendycoachio.

He is already giving us an identity of attacking football.

Just give him the job ffs. What’s the worst that can happen?

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He's had a perfect start, and I love the guy, but lets not kid ourselves that on another day Spurs wouldn't have had 4 or 5.

Woodward would be making another huge mistake if Poch is available but we opt to give it to Ole.

We're just being blinded at the moment by football that seems out of this world but in fact is just normal.

Some truth to this...

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:10 PM
ScarFace

This is Man United.....we'll do whats cheapest. Ole will get the job as long as he continues this kinda run.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:14 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:

I think we quite easily could've had 3 or 4 ourselves though too.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:15 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

last time we won away at spurs was now seven years ago. it's impressive to get a result like that under any circumstances.

spurs did play very well in that second half and if it wasn't for dave we could have lost. but the scoreline doesn't lie. three points, and a clean sheet against one of the best attacks in the league.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Lodestar

Quote:

Can see your reservations and I was sceptical about Ole but Poch has won nothing and there is no evidence a bigger club / platform will change that.

The football is improving game by game and we're building momentum. If we knock PSG out then he has to be favourite for the job.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Everything just feels right

under radar infrequent poster sage btw
if we get results against city and liverpool then who wouldn't want him?

he can win us the fa cup too.

winning the champions league is obviously maybe a bridge too far but you never know.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
if we get results against city and liverpool then who wouldn't want him?

he can win us the fa cup too.

winning the champions league is obviously maybe a bridge too far but you never know.
beat PSG and we don't need to fear anyone

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

Paddy Power have paid out on Ole getting the job permanently

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:27 PM
dunk

Quote:

Exactly.

And yet he’s still managed 6 wins out of 6...

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Ole has walked into a massive pressure cooker of a job & handled it perfectly.
It's not just the wins, but the atmosphere he appears to have fostered.
And let's not forget, he hasn't bought or sold any players so he is obviously not playing with anything like the team\squad that he would prefer.
Like I said elsewhere, if he gets 4th or 3rd in the league, he HAS to be seriously considered.

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:40 PM
AK14

Just watched his post game interview...

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Tats, please don't take this the wrong way... but you're talking %@#$&!s...

Unread 13-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Clownbones

Six wins in a row is big.

Doesn't matter who you play.

That's why teams don't do it much.

How many times have we managed it since Fergie left. Can't be many.

And it's because of how we're playing.

How we play and set up put us in a position to win the match. We rode our luck, but it wasn't some smash and grab. We matched them, hurt them and could have killed it ourselves at 1-0.

This started as 'It's only Cardiff'. Then it was only Huddersfield etc.

The first tougher test was Newcastle away. Passed.

Then today was supposed to be the first big test. Where we'd see if we had actually changed and where Ole's coaching credentials would be tested.

He passed again. It wasn't some idealistic gung-ho set up. We were measured and controlled, but he'd clearly done his homework on Spurs.

Every single player is improving. Even ones you didnt think would. Already we have a clearer identity of our strengths, How we want to play. You could name 9 of our best 11 already.

And none of this seems like luck or punching above our weight. This is what these players are capable of doing and there is still room for improvement.

I'm sure it won't all be roses and he'll have some ups and downs, but considering how we were against Liverpool and the mood around the club, to suggest he hasn't done an impressive job in such a short space of time would be daft.
Closed Thread