United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-06-2019, 04:35 AM
believe

90% of people in their twenties aren’t on social media? that can’t be a serious comment surely?

Unread 22-06-2019, 05:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
90% of people in their twenties aren’t on social media? that can’t be a serious comment surely?
I think what Jammy means is that the figure isn't as high as 90%. Still probably wrong, mind.

Are we going to have this argument every time Lingard posts something? People should just worry about the football; this other stuff doesn't matter. Obsessing over what he posts on social media outlets you don't have to follow is just strange. I assumed most people just feigned anger at that stuff on the internet. I couldn't imagine complaining to someone irl about a famous person's snapchat.

But then you see this MUTV lad piping up and maybe some people really are mental enough to let it get to them.

Unread 22-06-2019, 05:15 AM
believe

Siders, I think the problem now is that players have as much exposure off the pitch as they do on it (if not more) and most people, apart from the ones that just hate fun, are making their comments about him as a Manchester United player rather than just some none entity celeb who annoys them. Otherwise we’d have threads about Kim kardashian etc like you said.

If he came back after pre season all guns blazing all of what’s happened will be be forgiven and forgotten but we all know that won’t happen.

Unread 22-06-2019, 05:20 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Siders, I think the problem now is that players have as much exposure off the pitch as they do on it (if not more) and most people, apart from the ones that just hate fun, are making their comments about him as a Manchester United player rather than just some none entity celeb who annoys them. Otherwise we’d have threads about Kim kardashian etc like you said.

If he came back after pre season all guns blazing all of what’s happened will be be forgiven and forgotten but we all know that won’t happen.
I get that. Lingard's biggest problem at the moment is that he hasn't progressed as a player over the last couple of years. He isn't as woeful as some suggest but we're hardly blessed to have him. That's fair enough - he's an average player and he's a bit annoying.

But all this bringing the club into disrepute, poisonous character type shite - utter nonsense. Sparky's post pretty much on the money.

Unread 22-06-2019, 06:37 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think what Jammy means is that the figure isn't as high as 90%. Still probably wrong, mind.

Are we going to have this argument every time Lingard posts something? People should just worry about the football; this other stuff doesn't matter. Obsessing over what he posts on social media outlets you don't have to follow is just strange. I assumed most people just feigned anger at that stuff on the internet. I couldn't imagine complaining to someone irl about a famous person's snapchat.

But then you see this MUTV lad piping up and maybe some people really are mental enough to let it get to them.
When one of the Glasnost reporters comments it would be at the Partys dictat, be in no doubt about that.

Unread 22-06-2019, 09:56 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
People should just worry about the football
That helps.

Unread 22-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Brucie

If he gets double figures in assists and goals next season, this will be forgotten about...

Problem is, he's shit so that wont happen

Unread 22-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
If he gets double figures in assists and goals next season, this will be forgotten about...

Want a bet ?

Unread 22-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Depends who's in the side with him and if our opening games are like Ole's first 12 in charge... Against dross, Lingard's movement, (running around fast), confuses their defense and he may well bag a few early on in the season

Unread 22-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Want a bet ?

Yeah sure.

Charity of both our choices etc

Unread 22-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Buck

Getting support from beyond the grave

Unread 22-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Yeah sure.

Ten of each or ten together ?

Ten assists, no brainer, ten goals... depends on who the striking partnership is next season... tough to call. I can see him with at least six or seven...

Unread 22-06-2019, 12:18 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/s...07632163086337
I smell a pitch invasion stabbing soon

Unread 22-06-2019, 02:52 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/s...07632163086337
Newest star?

He is in his late 20s and is shit.

State of Wacko Jacko...

Unread 22-06-2019, 02:57 PM
ScarFace

Jimmy Saville is about to tweet support soon after Fred West.

Unread 22-06-2019, 06:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I think it was on Facebook, not social media as a whole.

And that may still be a high figure, but not massively so - its dominated by gammons these days.

Unread 22-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yeah sure.

Sorry been out all day.

£50 assists + goals....

10 total.

Unread 22-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Brucie

Quote: