Unread 03-04-2019, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Scousers will not be happy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-47800960

CPS going for a retrial.

Will it never end
That is not unusual in these circumstances tbh.

Unread 03-04-2019, 06:56 PM
My Name is Keith

The build of fans outside the turnstiles at close to kick off was described as unusual . Against what measure? A queue at the self service tills in Tesco or a semi final in the 1980’s?

Has there ever been any prosecutions of the police in this case for either negligence or the attempted cover up? Genuine question.

Unread 03-04-2019, 07:28 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
hopefully they suffer a crushing defeat in the league as well
Get down off that fence Ear'sy.

Unread 03-04-2019, 08:02 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The build of fans outside the turnstiles at close to kick off was described as unusual . Against what measure? A queue at the self service tills in Tesco or a semi final in the 1980’s?

Has there ever been any prosecutions of the police in this case for either negligence or the attempted cover up? Genuine question.
No.

Unread 03-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Denis Irwell

A fair few moustaches amongst that lot

Unread 03-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Harri Jaffa

I'm not sure about this

The police and people in charge should be held to account, but I'm not sure about all these individual cases. A lot has been learnt from the disaster and I'm quite sure that anyone involved feels guilt and remorse every day

Unread 03-04-2019, 08:53 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
A fair few moustaches amongst that lot
Scousers and Coppers?

Unread 03-04-2019, 08:55 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I'm not sure about this

The police and people in charge should be held to account, but I'm not sure about all these individual cases. A lot has been learnt from the disaster and I'm quite sure that anyone involved feels guilt and remorse every day
Sounds like a good defence.

“Does the accused feel quite sad about the incident?’

‘Very’.

‘In what way?’

‘Errmmm..crying sometimes, occasional hot flushes, didn’t laugh at the policemen’s charity ball in 1994 etc’

‘Case dismissed!’

Unread 03-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Sounds like a good defence.

“Does the accused feel quite sad about the incident?’

‘Very’.

‘In what way?’

‘Errmmm..crying sometimes, occasional hot flushes, didn’t laugh at the policemen’s charity ball in 1994 etc’

‘Case dismissed!’

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:53 PM
The Stella Fella

Disasters such as that do not have 1 root cause. Blame lies with a lot incl Police, Stadium, Liverpool fans etc.

There shouldn’t be a re trial. If the jury couldn’t make a decision then they should uphold the fact it hasn’t been sufficiently proven

Unread 03-04-2019, 11:33 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Disasters such as that do not have 1 root cause. Blame lies with a lot incl Police, Stadium, Liverpool fans etc.

There shouldn’t be a re trial. If the jury couldn’t make a decision then they should uphold the fact it hasn’t been sufficiently proven
this

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:41 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella

There were lots of factors that contributed towards this disaster and unfortunately, it was all of those factors coming together perfectly that meant it happen.

But along the way, there are key elements that rest with individual people or individual events. The key one in my view is the decision to open exit gates to allow people to flood in rather, and it really would have been this simple, delay the kick off.

All the rest of it is noise imo.

I feel sorry for him that he felt compelled to make that decision and that it’s one that will surely haunt his whole life but that’s just noise too. It was a negligent act - and one that could have been easily avoided.

Unread 04-04-2019, 08:39 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
There were lots of factors that contributed towards this disaster and unfortunately, it was all of those factors coming together perfectly that meant it happen.

But along the way, there are key elements that rest with individual people or individual events. The key one in my view is the decision to open exit gates to allow people to flood in rather, and it really would have been this simple, delay the kick off.

All the rest of it is noise imo.

I feel sorry for him that he felt compelled to make that decision and that it’s one that will surely haunt his whole life but that’s just noise too. It was a negligent act - and one that could have been easily avoided.
Do you really think that would have alleviated the crush outside the stadium though? How would they have got the message across to all 24,000 people in the streets. They couldn't send them all a text. I think by the time the decision to open the gates was made it was too late to tackle to issue outside the stadium. Somehow directing people away from the central pens would have been the one measure that might have prevented the tragedy at that point. I've no idea how feasible that would have been. I wouldn't fancy standing in front of 24,000 scousers in a fluorescent vest shouting keep to the right please.

Unread 05-04-2019, 11:48 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Do you really think that would have alleviated the crush outside the stadium though? How would they have got the message across to all 24,000 people in the streets. They couldn't send them all a text. I think by the time the decision to open the gates was made it was too late to tackle to issue outside the stadium. Somehow directing people away from the central pens would have been the one measure that might have prevented the tragedy at that point. I've no idea how feasible that would have been. I wouldn't fancy standing in front of 24,000 scousers in a fluorescent vest shouting keep to the right please.
Well you obviously have never been outside a stadium in which a kick off has been delayed because the effect is dynamic and immediate. There is an immediate relaxation. Unquestionably. And you don’t need to text everyone because before mobiles phones, people actually spoke to one another. Lastly, theres probably only less than 1000 people aggressively outside the turnstiles and a lot more standing away from them. Not sure where 24k comes from?

There’s no need to over think, it was that simple.

Unread 06-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Scousers and Coppers?

Tea ladies had a taches/perm combo special every Friday iirc

Unisex deal/look

Unread 25-06-2019, 10:55 AM
red red robbo

74 year old man to be retried for for 30 year old crime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-48756722
Closed Thread