United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2022, 06:09 AM
Mr_Ed

Doing good things…
Playing much better, galvanising the squad and improved from last season.

Only blemishes so far we’re the Derby, Brentford and Sociadad (sp) for me.

Unread 20-10-2022, 06:13 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Love everything about him, performance against spurs was the best I've seen since fergle hay days, shape, focused and on it. Everything about him says Not to be £#%&!ed with. Knows what he's doing and you better make sure you do too! Tried to sack off football last year, no intention now.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:06 AM
wiganste

Fits like a glove.

Some of the football we've played has been superb, last night the best we've played in years.

Still got some stinkers in but the start (6 wins from 10) and cruising into the knockouts of the Europa, is a decent return.

We play those Brighton & Brentford games again and we don't get humiliated.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:12 AM
dinger

I cant remember a more impressive set of summer signings, just need to get Dubravka in there for the full set, and he's got shot of some shite from the squad that has needed shifting for years for that alone its an B+

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Pop

Love that he's a miserable @#%&! too. Scowling on the touchline throughout, taking it all into his big juicy brain.

Before long he'll be communicating with his players via brainwaves. His big shiny bald head throbbing and pulsating to the size of a beachball as he passes on instructions

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:18 AM
Coracao

Doing well so far. Impressed thus far with his handling of certain players. Drops players who are playing shite, and persists with ones who are doing well. Not a groundbreaking concept, but one the previous permanent manager never grasped.

Football obviously needs refinement, but we are pressing much better. Won't really judge his football until the end of his 2nd season anyway, as there will be plenty of these he will want / need to get rid of.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Love that he's a miserable @#%&! too. Scowling on the touchline throughout, taking it all into his big juicy brain.

Before long he'll be communicating with his players via brainwaves. His big shiny bald head throbbing and pulsating to the size of a beachball as he passes on instructions

Hopefully goes full Scanners on Pep and Klopp at some point 👍

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:17 AM
Whip Hubley

We're 4 points behind citeh who have that mutant bastard up front, and we're there without having anything like a proper striker.

The derby aside, since the first 3 games we've looked far more organised and been genereally much more solid defensively.

He binned the 'captain' after 2 games because he knew he wasn't good enough.

Another couple of transfer windows and there is no reason we shouldn't be challenging again.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:23 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
We're 4 points behind citeh who have that mutant bastard up front, and we're there without having anything like a proper striker.

The derby aside, since the first 3 games we've looked far more organised and been genereally much more solid defensively.

He binned the 'captain' after 2 games because he knew he wasn't good enough.

Another couple of transfer windows and there is no reason we shouldn't be challenging again.
Some really tough fixtures in there too. Not a single easy game ‘on paper’. Leicester probably the easiest and that’s never a gimme.

After Saturday, we’ve got West Ham, Villa and Fulham. That’s where I hope we can kick on.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:24 AM
goldfinger II

Thumbs up

Doing great so far. Absolutely oozes authority. Love it.

I wish he'd give the kids a bit of playing time though.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:26 AM
Ethers

He’s £#%&!ing brilliant.

This thread

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314477

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:31 AM
armchair

Glad we didn't get Conte. Phew. Horrific.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:32 AM
My Name is Heath

Hate getting too giddy....but.....

It's really good.

We are certainly heading in the right direction and he has made at least 3 big calls from last season. Ronaldo. Maguire. AWB.

It was never feasible to make 5 or 6 changes - he is doing great.

Martinez is the best call. He has character and that's what the team has lacked.

I reckon we will have another 2/3 major calls when next season starts - DDG, a new 9, Rashford v Sancho - let's see but I have faith.

Antony is a good start but needs to remember his defensive duties.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:35 AM
dunk

Love him.

I even took the Derby defeat with a pinch of salt. I’m convinced everything conspired against us, £#%&!ing Varane getting injured at 0-1 and being off the pitch for the second and hobbling for the third for a team forced off the pace by some stupid old woman dying. A perfect storm of misery.

4 points off the blue @#%&!s having played them, Liverpool, City, Spurs and the best defence in the league in Newcastle.

I still worry about our ability to score goals, but that’s due to the profligacy of the forwards more than anything.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:37 AM
BarryX

B for performance
1 for effort

Erik has made a really strong to his tenure as manager and won the respect of all that the club. He comes to work on time, well dressed and with a positive attitude that rubs off on those that work with him. He does have one or two issues to deal with, most notably the attitude of a couple of the more senior players, although his recruitment policy has been first class, to date, and the new players a joy to behold. His willingness to not only punish the team when they've been shit, but to undergo the said punishment himself, is bizarre, but has been truly effective. A very, very strong start indeed.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Glad we didn't get Conte. Phew. Horrific.
Cannot £#%&!ing stand him. Another one a lot of the panic merchants on here were desperate for

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Hyman_Roth

Couldn’t ask for anymore. He has authority and looks like he offers clear direction. His handling of Ronaldo and Maguire has been spot on so far.

I thought he should of gone for it more against Newcastle but the counter is not risk taking when the building blocks are still fragile.

He looks and sounds as determined as you’d hope any manger of a club you support would be.

Commands Instant respect

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:44 AM
suedeshoes

He's doing OK imo. Mixed bag.

We got embarrassed by Brentford, humiliated by city and have looked shocking in the Europa League.

We got a good result against Liverpool, did well against Arsenal and last night was brilliant.

He's got real improvements from some players. Got a way to go with some others.

Long way to go. He needs patience and time.

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:46 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Genuinely surprised how quick he's turned things around and love the way he communicates, direct no room for discussion and you can see it in the players, everyone playing their roles the way they should. This is looking good,

Unread 20-10-2022, 11:11 AM
Dasilvatwins

He’s the right man. Could see that a month into the season. Even after the losses, he dropped players right away, likes of slab and shaw weren’t given another 5 games .

Love how he treats the press and to implement a style of play , considering the shit@#%&!s in the team is brilliant.

All his signings have been good to great. Maybe malacia has fallen off a bit but I do think he will take the LB spot back soon. He is young with potential.

Doesn’t take shit from these lot. Long may the ETH era continue .
Closed Thread