United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
If I had previous for using the death of a united player to take cheap shots at people I wouldn't have the front to come the uber red with anyone.
That thread was spot on, you just can't admit it. It was a dig at the match, not once did I use Jimmy's death to take a cheap shot.

Unread 31-12-2008, 07:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
The reason he's not looking great is because of the #@&%!ed tactics being forced upon him and other players to fit lazybones in.

Blame the 'coaching' not the player.
Absolute nonsense.

So it's Fergie's fault that he missed that left foot tap-in? It's Fergie's fault that he shanked that shot so badly that it turned out to be a great pass out wide? It's Fergie's fault that he couldn't find a teammate if they had a GPS stuck up their arse at the moment? It's Fergies fault that he looks on the verge on tears at any moment? This is all about Berbatov? No, it's not.

Coaching and tactics are good for two things only, creating more chances with the assets you have, and neutralizing threats from the opposition, it doesn't dictate what you do with the ball at your feet unless you are suggesting that Fergie has taught him the wrong way to kick a ball in the Summer.

He's had chances, he's missed them, simple as that. The reason for it is probably mental as much as anything, which is basically what poor form is anyway, but I find that this tendency to give players we like the get out of jail free card of blaming Ferguson or Phelan a little disingenuous to be honest.

Unread 31-12-2008, 08:19 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Absolute nonsense.

So it's Fergie's fault that he missed that left foot tap-in? It's Fergie's fault that he shanked that shot so badly that it turned out to be a great pass out wide? It's Fergie's fault that he couldn't find a teammate if they had a GPS stuck up their arse at the moment? It's Fergies fault that he looks on the verge on tears at any moment? This is all about Berbatov? No, it's not.

Coaching and tactics are good for two things only, creating more chances with the assets you have, and neutralizing threats from the opposition, it doesn't dictate what you do with the ball at your feet unless you are suggesting that Fergie has taught him the wrong way to kick a ball in the Summer.

He's had chances, he's missed them, simple as that. The reason for it is probably mental as much as anything, which is basically what poor form is anyway, but I find that this tendency to give players we like the get out of jail free card of blaming Ferguson or Phelan a little disingenuous to be honest.
word

Unread 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
hmm...

pattern of play and movement in general structured around a series of key engineered scenarios

hours and hours and yet more hours of boxes and various other technical exercises
Closed Thread