I know there aren't many match going Reds on this forum,

Unread 30-12-2008, 12:28 PM
elephantstone

bets I agree for a change.

Unread 30-12-2008, 01:47 PM
parko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red D
so he who doesn't want to be here needs our love and support?

Our best player of that there is no doubt, but why the £#%&! would anyone with an ounce of self respect sing his name???

£#%&! that, cant stand him - same as most sat near me last night.
Spot on.

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

Petulant, slapped arsed, want away @#%&!.

Can't £#%&!ing stand him.

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:14 PM
armchair

I like Ronaldo. Too many people seem to think it's cool to hold a grudge. It's small time imho.

As for the 'not many many match going Reds on this forum' - still a lot more than on your bus betty.

You stewardessing looking bitch.

Where everyone is from

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:19 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

If I had previous for using the death of a united player to take cheap shots at people I wouldn't have the front to come the uber red with anyone.

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:28 PM
plopborsky

still trying to understand the logic

you say no one on here goes so why ask us to sing his name?

i dont care about ronnie he dont care about me all i care about is watching parky

Unread 30-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

i dont care about ronnie he dont care about me all i care about is watching parky

Retired hasn't he

Unread 30-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Crumps

I am pro Ronnie but it's a two way street after him #@&%!ing about in the summer it's up to him to win our respect and adulation back through his performances. He's just having a run of poor form by his own high standards at the moment rather than him counting the clock down until he goes to Madrid as some want to believe.

If he wants people to sing is name and £#%&! themselves silly over him he needs to go back to basics and do what he does best. I think he'll still be here next year to for what it's worth and I for one will be chuffed.

Unread 30-12-2008, 07:46 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I know there aren't many match going Reds on this forum, but to the small minority who do go we need to start getting behind the lad. I don't care what you think of him and his antics in the summer, and I do understand why you are pissed off with him, but the lad, our best player, is really struggling for confidence. He needs us behind him, it's not a coincidence that the lack of adulation for him has resulted in this dip of form. Last season whenever he got stick from opposing fans are players, he was always picked up by the fans which resulted in a match winning goal, he know doesn't have this so is struggling. We've made our point so lets try and do what we're supposed to do, as it's having an effect on the team.

VIVA RONALDO
betty.
betty.
betty.

Unread 30-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Alan

Does anyone really think he's playing poorly on purpose?

His ego wouldn't allow him to do anything but his best every game.

The reason he's not looking great is because of the #@&%!ed tactics being forced upon him and other players to fit lazybones in.

Rooney has been poor since his hot streak of form too.

Blame the 'coaching' not the player.

I agree with armchair too - it's like a 'most hardcore red' contest to see who hates him the most. Boring as £#%&!.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Grimson

I think he's trying his best.

That said, one thing I'm not seeing as much from him is running at his defender with pace. He doesn't seem to be taking on players the same way he did last season.

I kept track in the Boro game: not once. He gets it in space, holds it, draws a defender in close, then passes it or beats the defender, but then has to pass immediately because the time he takes on the ball lets defensive cover get over to him.

I wish someone would show him a highlight video of him running at players last season, and the panic it sends through the opposition, even when he loses it.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:12 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

ronaldo has been but a shadow of himself this season, it would be fair to say he has lost a bit of his swagger and confidence, however his petulance has reached new heights this season.

Unread 31-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I know there aren't many match going Reds on this forum
no shit sherlock

as for Ronaldo, he's been a superb team player this season as usual

United are sorely lacking his goals though, which kind of gives credence to the claims last year that we were over-reliant on his net-bulging exploits

that said, we've obviously had to alter the way we play slightly to combat the natural process of teams learning from experience and setting out to stop us more than ever

Unread 31-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
that said, we've obviously had to alter the way we play slightly to combat the natural process of teams learning from experience and setting out to stop us more than ever
By moving further away from a more unpredictable 4-2-3-1, which, with a main striker at the head of it like Saha in the first half of 06/07, saw us destroy teams, to a more linear 4-4-2 with our best player marginalised on the wing and breaking up a proven partnership of two second strikers, that bought us a league & european cup double, for another partnership of two second strikers, only this one has far poorer movement & workrate. It wasn't broken before, it could have only got better, if we'd bought in the correct personnel, or utilised the personnel we have now properly.

Unread 31-12-2008, 02:40 PM
The Return of JC

He's really struggling at the moment. I don't think it's any one thing, I think it's a combination of everything: The injury, heavy treatment from opposition, general lack of form, summer antics etc, but I wish he would look like he's at least pleased when the team does well. He trudged off at 1-0 the other night as if we were losing the game. Yes, it's not happening for him at the moment, but it's a team game, right Ronnie?

He just needs a break. Once he gets that first goal, I think he'll kick on and win one or two people over. Ultimately, if he's playing well, people are fickle and will forgive him.

Unread 31-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

4-2-3-1 is what exactly?

united's movement and workrate is as ever top class

United's personnel is also absolutely top class

the 2 main problems this season have been injuries to Wes Brown and the central midfielders, and poor finishing

now the latter is undoubtedly partly because we have slightly altered the way we play to combat the contempt our familiarity has inspired in the opposition. but generally it's just been down to missing chances and the drop-off in confidence that inevitably follows

i know it's not rocket science - and i know i'm not blaming individuals or cluelessly slating the tactics of the management or slaughtering the coaching staff - but hey, it's only my opinion

Unread 31-12-2008, 03:14 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
4-2-3-1 is what exactly?

united's movement and workrate is as ever top class

United's personnel is also absolutely top class

the 2 main problems this season have been injuries to Wes Brown and the central midfielders, and poor finishing

now the latter is undoubtedly partly because we have slightly altered the way we play to combat the contempt our familiarity has inspired in the opposition. but generally it's just been down to missing chances and the drop-off in confidence that inevitably follows

i know it's not rocket science - and i know i'm not blaming individuals or cluelessly slating the tactics of the management or slaughtering the coaching staff - but hey, it's only my opinion
-2 ?

Unread 31-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I like Ronaldo. Too many people seem to think it's cool to hold a grudge. It's small time imho.

As for the 'not many many match going Reds on this forum' - still a lot more than on your bus betty.

You stewardessing looking bitch.

Where everyone is from
I fill a 74 seater most weeks now Army

Unread 31-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

The odd person who does go from here can spread the word to mates and make them get behind him. It's not rocket science understanding the logic, mind you, you do look a bit dippy.
Closed Thread