United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Betty

Default It's about time we got behind Ronaldo

I know there aren't many match going Reds on this forum, but to the small minority who do go we need to start getting behind the lad. I don't care what you think of him and his antics in the summer, and I do understand why you are pissed off with him, but the lad, our best player, is really struggling for confidence. He needs us behind him, it's not a coincidence that the lack of adulation for him has resulted in this dip of form. Last season whenever he got stick from opposing fans are players, he was always picked up by the fans which resulted in a match winning goal, he know doesn't have this so is struggling. We've made our point so lets try and do what we're supposed to do, as it's having an effect on the team.

VIVA RONALDO

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:35 AM
razzle

when he starts to look like he's thinking what is best for the team instead of what's best for team ronaldo, I'll get behind him again

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:36 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I know there aren't many match going Reds on this forum
there'll be one less in a minute

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Get a life betts, you won't regret it.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:37 AM
puressence

betty i love you mate .but he can go and £#%&! himself with a big rusty nail .. 100,000 grand plus a week my heart bleeds for him . hes playing to get away im totally convinced in this . him and £#%&!ing berbles want shoeing

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
there'll be one less in a minute
You're becoming obsessed you are.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
betty i love you mate .but he can go and £#%&! himself with a big rusty nail .. 100,000 grand plus a week my heart bleeds for him . hes playing to get away im totally convinced in this . him and £#%&!ing berbles want shoeing
But by not getting behind him is effecting the team, surely you can see this.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Get a life betts, you won't regret it.
Says you, spending all day on this forum and thinking it's the be all and end all of life.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:42 AM
fergieslovechild

I'm a match going red, and he needs to convince me he cares about the club before I'll 'get behind him'.

He's a @#%&! of a bloke, always will be but a fantastic footballer when he tries.

I'd rather have a Ronaldo (at 100%) in my tent p*ssing out than outside my tent p*ssing in.

but if he wants to go let him go the only direction after United in down.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Withers

I agree.

However if hardly anybody on here goes then what is the point of asking on here for people to get behind him?

If only a few people out of 76000 get behind him he won't be able to hear them.

Maybe we could write him a letter?

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
I'm a match going red, and he needs to convince me he cares about the club before I'll 'get behind him'.

He's a @#%&! of a bloke, always will be but a fantastic footballer when he tries.

I'd rather have a Ronaldo (at 100%) him in my tent p*ssing out than outside my tent p*ssing in.

but if he wants to go let him go the only direction after United in down.
A fair point but for the sake of the team it's worth biting the bullet and supporting him.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:46 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
A fair point but for the sake of the team it's worth biting the bullet and supporting him.
No.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
I know there aren't many match going Reds on this forum, but to the small minority who do go we need to start getting behind the lad. I don't care what you think of him and his antics in the summer, and I do understand why you are pissed off with him, but the lad, our best player, is really struggling for confidence. He needs us behind him, it's not a coincidence that the lack of adulation for him has resulted in this dip of form. Last season whenever he got stick from opposing fans are players, he was always picked up by the fans which resulted in a match winning goal, he know doesn't have this so is struggling. We've made our point so lets try and do what we're supposed to do, as it's having an effect on the team.

VIVA RONALDO
I was chanting 'Viva Ronaldo' all night at my T.V last night.

HTH.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:47 AM
borsuk

Quote:
You're becoming obsessed you are.

can't resist an open goal, me. it's the only sort i can manage. unlike park.

fwiw i've always said the ranting about ronnie is ridiculous. it was ridiculous in the summer, when too many reds let a media-driven storm wind them up and it's ridiculous now. ronnie has never been a fan of the club like, say, scholes, giggs et al. he's an outstanding player who sees united as just a club. a special club in terms of size, history, reputation etc. but not a special club in an emotional way. all the hate comes from the fact that some people attributed to ronnie a fan's love for the club that was never there. same with keane, same with hughes. ronnie's idea of loyalty has always been not breaking his contract, not declaring undying love for the shirt. anyone with their eyes open could see that from the off.

as i said elsewhere, i suspect the operation he had and the lack of a decent pre-season are now starting to affect him. you're right about the support, but people find it easier to ascribe ill-will to events than to take the bad and meet it. that's why idiots came out with shit about saha not wanting to play. same with ronnie, it is.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Betty

A good post Borsuk, I agree with that.

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:57 AM
puressence

js park>ronaldo

dong > bubbles

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:59 AM
keano's love

Viva ronaldo!!

Unread 30-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Red D

so he who doesn't want to be here needs our love and support?

Our best player of that there is no doubt, but why the £#%&! would anyone with an ounce of self respect sing his name???

£#%&! that, cant stand him - same as most sat near me last night.

Unread 30-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Says you, spending all day on this forum and thinking it's the be all and end all of life.
I don't think it's the be all and end all. When I have free time it's my time, miles away from the internet. For you, you just live through a football club for your whole life. Match going red indeed. It's only because you've nothing else in your life.

Unread 30-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red D

Our best player of that there is no doubt, but why the £#%&! would anyone with an ounce of self respect sing his name???

exactly
Closed Thread