log out
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Quote:
yep...

*dunk sells his front door'

'dunk babe, you sold our door, where is our new one'

'just wait babe, you see that tree across the road....thats it...just be patient'
After you Marlers.

And anyway, just think, right across the city............two of your top forwards will be plying their trade.Adebayor and Tevez....the mouth waters.

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:26 PM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
After you Marlers.

And anyway, just think, right across the city............two of your top forwards will be plying their trade.Adebayor and Tevez....the mouth waters.
Although city have one advantage with adebayor and tevez pairing.

When adebayor tries to bring down a ball, his first touch is so bad, it could go to tevez straight and defenders won't whats hit them.

it could work with vice versa also but tevez would have to curb his general play of fouling the defender after his first "at least 10 yards away" touch.

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:30 PM
signed dc

Marlo, the obvious parallel here for this summer and the departure of Ronaldo is Joy Division/New Order and the death of Ian Curtis.

Joy Division didn't think "oh shit, we've lost our singer/songwriter, we're £#%&!ed without him", and rush out and try and find some like for like "big name" replacement who didn't exist. They regrouped, altered their style accordingly, and found the solution to their problem from within - Barney (Rooney) stepped up and assumed signer/songwriter duties, Hooky and Stephen Morris (er, Carrick & Berbs) took more responsibilty, and Gillian (Michael Owen) was drafted in on a free, and they carried on and enjoyed increased success*.

*alright, they were arguably never as good as they were before, but that's not the point is it?

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:33 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Marlo, the obvious parallel here for this summer and the departure of Ronaldo is Joy Division/New Order and the death of Ian Curtis.

Joy Division didn't think "oh shit, we've lost our singer/songwriter, we're £#%&!ed without him", and rush out and try and find some like for like "big name" replacement who didn't exist. They regrouped, altered their style accordingly, and found the solution to their problem from within - Barney (Rooney) stepped up and assumed signer/songwriter duties, Hooky and Stephen Morris (er, Carrick & Berbs) took more responsibilty, and Gillian (Michael Owen) was drafted in on a free, and they carried on and enjoyed increased success*.

*alright, they were arguably never as good as they were before, but that's not the point is it?
Nice analogy but lost on marlo.

Quote:
who the £#%&! are joy division and new order?

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

As soon as I figure out how to work the badger pit I'm going to avail of it.

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:37 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Nice analogy but lost on marlo.
I know, pissing in the wind - dropped the Micky Phelan/Rob Gretton comparison to simplify it as well

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Ginners

I think the obvious modern parallel here for this summer and the departure of Ronaldo is D12 and the death of Proof.

D12 didn't think "oh shit, we've lost our singer/songwriter, we're £#%&!ed without him", and rush out and try and find some like for like "big name" replacement who didn't exist. They pretty much gave up. Went their own ways. The star player - Eminem (Rooney) released his own album, Bizarre and Kon Artist (er, O'shea & Fletcher) took on more responsibilty which would ultimately see them relegated.

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:44 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
I think the obvious modern parallel here for this summer and the departure of Ronaldo is D12 and the death of Proof.

D12 didn't think "oh shit, we've lost our singer/songwriter, we're £#%&!ed without him", and rush out and try and find some like for like "big name" replacement who didn't exist. They pretty much gave up. Went their own ways. The star player - Eminem (Rooney) released his own album, Bizarre and Kon Artist (er, O'shea & Fletcher) took on more responsibilty which would ultimately see them relegated.

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:44 PM
marlo

Thumbs up brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

Unread 14-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Marlo,

Right up there with your very worst work and that's no small achievement.

But you can't respond - so I'll get over it.
Even 'Charlesers' is ripping you tbh.

Unread 14-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Oh please, they didnt £#%&!ing sell him. He's been going for £#%&!ing years. If he wanted to stay he would still be here
Yes, only quote one part of my post as if I said it in isolation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
£#%&! off you preaching @#%&!. There isn't a single person on here who needs a lecturing of you or anybody else for that matter. Who the £#%&! do you think you are telling people what they should and shouldn't be doing, get of your high horse you tit.

Benzema was going to Madrid the moment they came in for him, and Ronaldo has been looking for a move to Spain for the past three seasons. And sean bones is a £#%&!ing gobshite.
Wow, you're a real tough guy aren't you? Internet hardman extraordinaire.

There's no high horse, lecturing or anything close in my post.

It's fairly obvious that you're a dense @#%&! so by all means lash out at people who say things you don't like to admit are fact as it shows the level of your intellect.
Closed Thread