United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Firswood Red

Default David Gill

been getting a bit of credit on here in the last few years for the way he's gone about the transfer, he deserves a bit of stick for his failure to deliver Benzema

Gill could easily have got Real to stay the £#%&! away from Benzema

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Whalefish

Gill: "Do I have your word that you won't sign Benzema?"

Madrid: "Yes, of course."

**Door closes**

Madrid: "Ha, ha, ha, ha...."

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Switching Off

Not sure about that tbh. Benzema's been coming out with all the "dream" %@#$&!s. If Fergie was serious about Benzema and there was a chance of us getting him, reckon Gill would have done what it took.

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

**Door closes**

link?

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

80m cash no options and stay away from benz

yeah okay

Whalefish

Switching Off

MAybe Gill knows something about Oliver that we dont

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

**Door closes**

could easily have tied the Benzema deal up before the Ronaldo deal had gone through.

United were arrogant and thought they'd get him, Fergie and Gill would have thought Villa to Real was a done deal

Unread 13-07-2009, 07:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Gill > Kenyon

motwyw

Unread 13-07-2009, 08:02 PM
borsuk

according to fergie today united had a valuation for benzema and weren't willing to go above it, simple as that. from what he said united contacted lyon but never actually put a bid in because the price was too high. sounds fair enough to me.

i'm impressed with fergie's obvious faith in the squad he has. good to see. almost makes up for seeing owen in the chevron

Unread 13-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Sparky***

£#%&! benzema.

david gill's done alright imho.

Unread 13-07-2009, 08:53 PM
m14red

david gill is a @#%&!.

Unread 13-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
been getting a bit of credit on here in the last few years for the way he's gone about the transfer, he deserves a bit of stick for his failure to deliver Benzema

Gill could easily have got Real to stay the £#%&! away from Benzema
How the £#%&! do you know this?

Unread 13-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
How the £#%&! do you know this?
which bit?

Unread 13-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
which bit?
All of it

Unread 13-07-2009, 11:01 PM
carlitos99

Yet Owen, it has become clear, was not Ferguson's first target when it became apparent to him that Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez would be leaving Old Trafford.

"Michael knows that," Ferguson explained. "We looked at the situation and mulled it over for quite a few months. We knew that his contract was coming to an end but I still had an intention to bring in another player [Benzema]. What confused us was waiting for a decision from Carlos Tevez. That confused us as we were not getting any answers, which put us in quite a quandary in terms of what we should do. We waited long enough. We tried to get Benzema but as soon as that fell through we went for Michael. I've explained this to Michael – that, at 21, Benzema was a possibility. But as soon as that looked to be floundering I contacted Michael.

"We went in for Benzema but, as far as we were concerned, the price tag was beyond his value. If other clubs want to go to that level, that's entirely their business. We had a value that we thought was fair and we didn't want to go above that position. Maybe Lyon thought we under-valued him and that's fine, it's their decision. They got €42m for him and they will be happy with that because they have done well. All this tells you about us is that we are sensible.

Unread 13-07-2009, 11:04 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos99
Yet Owen, it has become clear, was not Ferguson's first target when it became apparent to him that Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez would be leaving Old Trafford.

"Michael knows that," Ferguson explained. "We looked at the situation and mulled it over for quite a few months. We knew that his contract was coming to an end but I still had an intention to bring in another player [Benzema]. What confused us was waiting for a decision from Carlos Tevez. That confused us as we were not getting any answers, which put us in quite a quandary in terms of what we should do. We waited long enough. We tried to get Benzema but as soon as that fell through we went for Michael. I've explained this to Michael – that, at 21, Benzema was a possibility. But as soon as that looked to be floundering I contacted Michael.

"We went in for Benzema but, as far as we were concerned, the price tag was beyond his value. If other clubs want to go to that level, that's entirely their business. We had a value that we thought was fair and we didn't want to go above that position. Maybe Lyon thought we under-valued him and that's fine, it's their decision. They got €42m for him and they will be happy with that because they have done well. All this tells you about us is that we are sensible.
Link?

Unread 13-07-2009, 11:05 PM
koppas

[quote=carlitos99;1601709]Yet Owen, it has become clear, was not Ferguson's first target when it became apparent to him that Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez would be leaving Old Trafford. "Michael knows that," Ferguson explained. "We looked at the situation and mulled it over for quite a few months. We knew that his contract was coming to an end but I still had an intention to bring in another player [Benzema]. What confused us was waiting for a decision from Carlos Tevez. That confused us as we were not getting any answers, which put us in quite a quandary in terms of what we should do. We waited long enough. We tried to get Benzema but as soon as that fell through we went for Michael. I've explained this to Michael ? that, at 21, Benzema was a possibility. But as soon as that looked to be floundering I contacted Michael. "We went in for Benzema but, as far as we were concerned, the price tag was beyond his value. If other clubs want to go to that level, that's entirely their business. We

Fair play to Ferie. Nothing wrong in what he said. Dont blame him for not paying the odds for @#%&! Karim. (Although i would have )

Unread 13-07-2009, 11:05 PM
carlitos99

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-alex-ferguson

Unread 13-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
according to fergie today united had a valuation for benzema and weren't willing to go above it, simple as that. from what he said united contacted lyon but never actually put a bid in because the price was too high. sounds fair enough to me.
i don't believe that for a minute. he was an absolute steal in the end. £25m plus add ons? he wanted to go to madrid. end of. in fact he'd have probably chosen barca over us as well seeing as they supposedly bid for him as well.
Closed Thread