United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2009, 02:35 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Fair play, similar to Carrick, atleast you hold your hands up when you're wrong.
i was wrong. the players were just not proven in the capacity required for me to pass proper judgement.

lampard has answered the calls about consistency, ability to play score important goals and his ball rentention has improved.

carrick was a big fish at a small club. he has proven himself at united which is why i rate him now.

my seals of approval on players dont come easy

Unread 21-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
eto'o

..another player who I rate highly.. ..another player I said we should take a punt on over a year ago.. another player who because he wasn't the blindingly obvious big name transfer doing the rounds ( Benzema, Huntelaar etc ) was immediately poo-pooed.

£#%&!ing 'ell, I really do know my stuff [SIZE="1"]( said with the merest hint of irony if you're going to quote me on that )

We should also have made a serious bid for Gatusso two and half years ago when Italian Football was imploding.. Wife's Scottish, he speaks perfect English, always gives his all.. but no, he's a throw back, too old ( only 28 or 29 ) we don't need that combative type player anymore.. afterall we've got Carrick ..and then we're all surprised when we look seriously lightweight in Midfield, so who do we all want now, Essien.

Another, Frank Lampard, ( yeah the jammy @#%&! who only scores from deflections )

Think laterally chaps, think laterally.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he wouldnt be a squad player.

the fact he is owen and the english sweetheart would make it a big issue and stuff like that.

kalou for example is a squad striker, the same way eduardo is.
get on with things and not so much a big name.

can you imagine what it would be like if we signed owen.

the press saying saf isnt helping england by letting him and rooney get some sort of understanding on the pitch, the dwarf having little digs in the media.

no thanks.
I wouldn't disagree with that, but he'd be a squad player if Fergie put him the squad but didn't necessarily play him first choice.

Who are the undisputed natural first choices ? Ferdinand, Vidic, VDS, Ronaldo ! after that, everyone ( even Rooney ) is expected to either accomodate by playing out of position or can expect to be rotated.. I don't Owen could expect anymore than that.

Unread 21-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
..is to assume that it's still the 1970s and all purchases have to fit into a prefered starting 11. All purchases have to be young World Stars who're going to spend the next 10 years with us.

It's a squad game, and what's more nothing kicks players up the arse and gets them to suddenly miraculously even.. find form, than pressure for places.

Think of Owen as a squad player, another option.. he's not a direct replacement for Berbatov or Rooney.

Do you think when Fergie shelled out for Park he thought he was going to keep Keane or Scholes out of the side.

Owen, if he were to come would need this putting to him in no uncertain terms.. he's no longer the big fish in a small pond, he's no longer the big I am.. but what he does have is an opportunity to play with players of the callibre that he obviously sees himself, to get back in the spotlight at the biggest club in the world, who knows, perhaps regain his England place, to move back home and perhaps for once, to £#%&!ing win something.
I actually agree with you...even if barely anyone else does

He would be a useful addition to the squad and wouldn't cost a transfer fee, and you would think, more than likely have a reasonable wage demands, based on it being his last chance...but then again, he is a footballer.

A lot of his injuries at Newcastle appear to be because he has been rushed back, more often than not.

He'd be an experienced option, alongside the youth of Macheda and Welbeck, enabling us to spend money elsewhere. This idea that we are going to spend a shitload of money on anothe striker is fanciful IMO, as they won't be first choice.

Unread 21-04-2009, 03:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Who are the undisputed natural first choices ? Ferdinand, Vidic, VDS, Ronaldo ! after that, everyone ( even Rooney ) is expected to either accomodate by playing out of position or can expect to be rotated.. I don't Owen could expect anymore than that.
sorry, mr f, but that's %@#$&!s. rooney is as much a first-choice as anyone else. the only reason he is rotated is to rest him.

cast-iron first 11 players for any important game, injuries and exhaustion permitting: vds, rio, vidic, evra, rooney, berbatov, ronnie, carrick. probably hargreaves when fit.

the rest depends on form and tactics.

imo.

Unread 21-04-2009, 03:36 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Is he ?? ..adds even more weight to how my tealeaves looked this morning..
'Free' maybe but he'll want 100K+ per week & a 4 year contract so this 'Free' is going to cost upwards of £22m

Unread 21-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
'Free' maybe but he'll want 100K+ per week & a 4 year contract so this 'Free' is going to cost upwards of £22m
He won't be getting a 4 year deal off anyone, with his record. More likely a 2 year deal, that they can review at the end of the first season.

Only City would probably give him a 4 year deal.

Unread 21-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
sorry, mr f, but that's %@#$&!s. rooney is as much a first-choice as anyone else. the only reason he is rotated is to rest him.

cast-iron first 11 players for any important game, injuries and exhaustion permitting: vds, rio, vidic, evra, rooney, berbatov, ronnie, carrick. probably hargreaves when fit.

the rest depends on form and tactics.

imo.

Agree about Rooney, but the reason I didn't include him in my 4 or 5 is that he gives his all in every position. Started off as deep ( inside ) forward, yet find himself out on the wing or even as an attacking Midfielder. I feel the formation is often decided before Fergie's decided where to play him rather than perhaps the othe way around of his fitness and availability dictating the formation.

Evra ( yes definitely last season ) but the others are all one decent run in the first team by their replacement away from sitting on the bench.

And as for Carrick.. :shakehead:

Unread 21-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Ashley's Grime

Funny how Owen's fit as soon as his mate takes over as boss.

Unread 21-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Agree about Rooney, but the reason I didn't include him in my 4 or 5 is that he gives his all in every position. Started off as deep ( inside ) forward, yet find himself out on the wing or even as an attacking Midfielder. I feel the formation is often decided before Fergie's decided where to play him rather than perhaps the othe way around of his fitness and availability dictating the formation.

Evra ( yes definitely last season ) but the others are all one decent run in the first team by their replacement away from sitting on the bench.

And as for Carrick.. :shakehead:
you are a bad mong

Unread 21-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
you are a bad mong
And you are totally blinkered.

He'll contribute chuff all in the run in.

I'll ask you this, yes I acknowledge that there appears to be a dearth of creative midfielders around at the moment.. however, under normal conditions, only Ferdinand, Vidic, Rooney and a happy Ronaldo should ever consider that they've got their feet under the table.

Carrick is undoubtedly a huge talent but lacks drive. He should be imposing himself on the game like an Albertini type player but I just don't see it. Perhaps he's comfortable, perhaps he's scared of success.. I'd have Hargreaves over him any day.

When he's replaced you'll realise just what we've been missing.

We're far too soft with players, we let them tread water for far too long, if they're not capable of elevating their game to Manchester United type levels then move them on.. Same with Berbatov, I was all for him, but if he's going to go awol then ship him out.

We're not a £#%&!ing charity.

Unread 08-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He won't be getting a 4 year deal off anyone, with his record. More likely a 2 year deal, that they can review at the end of the first season.

Only City would probably give him a 4 year deal.

Unread 13-07-2009, 12:24 PM
The Mull

Does this thread mean that Stiggan Wee is in the clear and forgiven?

If so are we allowed to communicate with him again?

Unread 13-07-2009, 12:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Does this thread mean that Stiggan Wee is in the clear and forgiven?

If so are we allowed to communicate with him again?
I think it does ged.

I got all my info from these threads and put 2 + 2 together

Unread 13-07-2009, 12:46 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think it does ged.

I got all my info from these threads and put 2 + 2 together
Good, Hello Ste, I'm glad we're friends again, I did think it a tad unfair to black ball you, but hey all's well now

Unread 13-07-2009, 12:54 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Good, Hello Ste, I'm glad we're friends again, I did think it a tad unfair to black ball you, but hey all's well now
Thanks ged. I feel good now.
Closed Thread