United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Fountz

Wink Michael Owen to us in the summer ?

I have a feeling.. nothing more.

As much as I can't stand him, objectively he'd be worth a punt if Newcastle were realistic in what an injury prone striker who relies on pace but who's lost his pace should go for, and, he didn't have delusions of grandeur as to his own worth when it came to negotiating his salary.

Again.. objectively, I'd pay £5m for him and put him either on a pay as you play basis or on the same as someone like Park.

Anyway, YHIHF.

Unread 21-04-2009, 12:57 PM
believe

oh get £#%&!ed

dodger

Poo off Fountz. He's £#%&!.

dunk

Isn't he on a free in the summer?

Anyway, no. I'd rather Martins. At least he can run.

Fuzzy Dunlop

No way, rather have Berbatov.

He's not anywhere good enough anymore to play for Manchester United.

Unread 21-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Stickman

Pompey should buy him to replace Defoe.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Isn't he on a free in the summer?
Is he ?? ..adds even more weight to how my tealeaves looked this morning..

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:04 PM
naes_sean

oh god no. He's a £#%&!ing @#%&!. that is all.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Great player on his day, would have absolutely loved to watch him at OT a few years back but injuries have obviously taken their toll.

He's still got a lot to give - one of the few Premiership strikers with a fantastic brain and still probably the best finisher inside teh box - but he plays too deep these days. He's almost playing as an attacking midfielder these days, great bit of thinking that was by Keegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Anyway, no. I'd rather Martins. At least he can run.

I'd rather have Marlo.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:09 PM
JakeB

I was at Spurs v Newcastle on Sunday...and £#%&! me Unbelievable just how far down hill Owen has gone. I actually dont know how much of an impact he'd have in even a half decent premiership side these days. Maybe his heart just isnt in it

Oh and, this Newcastle side is one of the worst premiership teams I've seen in the flesh, shocking.

Andy Carroll, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka :shakehead:

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I was at Spurs v Newcastle on Sunday...and £#%&! me Unbelievable just how far down hill Owen has gone. I actually dont know how much of an impact he'd have in even a half decent premiership side these days. Maybe his heart just isnt in it

Oh and, this Newcastle side is one of the worst premiership teams I've seen in the flesh, shocking.

Andy Carroll, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka :shakehead:

He's lost a lot of pace but he's still got a good touch, fantastic balance and a superb footballing brain. Unlike some of the pillocks he is playing with.

Him and Butt are carrying what's left of that terrible team.

Smith did okay when he came on, his passing has improved a lot; he sprayed a few excellent balls out to the wings.

Viduka did okay seeing as though he's about for so long and is a fat £#%&!er; he set up a one of the best chances of the game for donkey Martins.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:24 PM
armchair

I think he's finished. As much by newcastle as his knees.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:28 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

i watched the second half of Spurs Newcastle. Didn't know Owen was on

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:28 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
He's lost a lot of pace but he's still got a good touch, fantastic balance and a superb footballing brain. Unlike some of the pillocks he is playing with.

Him and Butt are carrying what's left of that terrible team.

Smith did okay when he came on, his passing has improved a lot; he sprayed a few excellent balls out to the wings.

Viduka did okay seeing as though he's about for so long and is a fat £#%&!er; he set up a one of the best chances of the game for donkey Martins.
Just wouldn't like to rely on Carroll, Viduka, Smith, and Martins for goals to save my club.

I'd say Butt was the only player who looked solid and reliable, Owen just looks like he's lacking any spark at all. Maybe being at Newcastle is doing that to him...personally I think he's finished. Jonas Gutierrez showed some pace and vague invention I suppose, didn't really get anywhere.

Duff is another one who's gone down hill at a scary rate, Newcastle seems to be where players go to die.

Have to say Tottenham were hardly brilliant either though

Then again, it's not always that easy to follow a game as a photographer, concentrating on actually taking pictures most of the time

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Just wouldn't like to rely on Carroll, Viduka, Smith, and Martins for goals to save my club.

I'd say Butt was the only player who looked solid and reliable, Owen just looks like he's lacking any spark at all. Maybe being at Newcastle is doing that to him...personally I think he's finished. Jonas showed some pace and vague invention I suppose, didn't really get anywhere.

Duff is another one who's gone down hill at a scary rate, Newcastle seems to be where players go to die.

Have to say Tottenham were hardly brilliant either though

Then again, it's not always that easy to follow a game as a photographer, concentrating on actually taking pictures most of the time

I think Shearer trying to play 3-5-2 when your fighting for survival is absolute madness and caused a lot of their problems early on on Sunday.

Duff was playing left back and the midfield didn't know what they were doing.

Gutierrez has got something about him, he's totally different from anything else in England in his position. A player who can carry the ball over a long distance is priceless in our type of football, but newcastle don't use him correctly enough imo. He'll have a few takers at the end of the season

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:35 PM
armchair

Shearer will end up scapegoating him for the drop. £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Sloppy

Saha mk II.

No thanks

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Baron

Quote:
Newcastle seems to be where players go to die.
rofl

Oh, and Owen isn't complete shit, but he's a greedy little @#%&! who isn't capable of staying fit or in form. He'll score in the last 4 games of the season to keep them up, he usually takes a good half dozen to warm up & then gets on a run. Useless for us.

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:37 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I think Shearer trying to play 3-5-2 when your fighting for survival is absolute madness and caused a lot of their problems early on on Sunday.

Duff was playing left back and the midfield didn't know what they were doing.

Gutierrez has got something about him, he's totally different from anything else in England in his position. A player who can carry the ball over a long distance is priceless in our type of football, but newcastle don't use him correctly enough imo. He'll have a few takers at the end of the season
Yes Gutierrez did impress as much as you can in a pile of shit like Newcastle.

I was going to say was Duff playing at left back I was so confused by it that I wasn't sure if he was or not.

Watched Frazier Campbell before kick off, he seemed happy enough..joking about with Spurs' Danielle Lloyd-type contingent. What a waste of time being at spurs has been for him

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Shearer will end up scapegoating him for the drop. £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Just a complete shambles of a club.

Lets play a few million to someone who's been sat on his arse for the last year and criticised the man who appointed him

Calderwood, Houghton, Dowie and Shearer... do they want to look anymore desperate?
Closed Thread