United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we didnt make him an offer.

that was a token gesture to appease the fans.

if we wanted tevez the deal would have been put to him before the end of last season just like saf has said it was going to be.

did gill take out suits to the dry cleaners in june and then realise 'oh i have 25.5m in this pair of trousers, we can afford tevez now' ??

its all %@#$&!s.
you don't know the facts for certain, SAF said yesterday there was contact in Jan this year about the contract but that Tevez had already made up his mind.

neither of us know the truth but i think if SAF really wanted the player he would have got him, so if you're right and the offer was 'token for the fans' everybody got what they wanted from the 2 year arrangement.

Unread 14-07-2009, 11:26 AM
denis lawless

nobody mentioned we could have had him for tokens !!.....Tesco ?

£#%&!in hell, we could have had a "Blue Peter" style wip round

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Ashley's Grime

What do you expect? Tevez come from the gutter....and he's going back there when he signs for shitty.

Unread 14-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Redhod99

Quote:

if we wanted tevez the deal would have been put to him before the end of last season just like saf has said it was going to be.

did gill take out suits to the dry cleaners in june and then realise 'oh i have 25.5m in this pair of trousers, we can afford tevez now' ??

its all %@#$&!s.
No. We didn't buy him cos he is shite

Unread 14-07-2009, 01:13 PM
borsuk

is it itk marlo's turn today? oh goody.

Unread 14-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

its all %@#$&!s.
for once i'm agreeing with super marls

i don't think we ever had an intention of making him an offer. i can only presume this is because the management didn't rate him.
Closed Thread