United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Fat Al

"The gunman crashed his car near the school at about 11:30 local time, Mr McCraw disclosed, and walked around the building firing "more than one hundred rounds" into classrooms as he looked to get inside.

An officer for the school district, who was not on campus at the time, drove immediately to the scene following a 911 call but "drove right by the suspect who was hunkered down behind a vehicle", Mr McCraw said.

By 11:35, the assailant had entered the school through a door that was propped open earlier by a teacher, and barricaded himself into a classroom.

Police officers followed him into the building minutes later but remained in the hallway.

Mr McCraw confirmed that as many as 19 police officers had gathered outside the classroom but they made no immediate effort to get inside.

It was not until 12:51 that a tactical unit entered the classroom and killed him - about 75 minutes after the attack began."

"After the gunman was shot dead, police found as many as 1,657 rounds of ammunition and 60 magazines in his possession."

"The senior officer on the scene decided to wait until the school janitor arrived with the keys because they thought that either "no kids were at risk" by then or "no one was living anymore"."

Jesus f***ing Christ

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61613177

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:28 PM
silv

Waiting for the janitor for Christ sake

Don’t know how they can live with themselves

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:51 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I have provided "alternative" information, but you don't want to remove the emotion from the event ..

Also,

I have a lot more experience in live shooting events than yourself....

Have a great Friday.
Not your fault, but shows the danger in assuming that people do what they should be doing …..

Unread 28-05-2022, 05:41 AM
shenwen

Kids calling 911 from inside the classrooms.

Meanwhile, police waiting for the man to arrive with a key.

Unread 28-05-2022, 07:18 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Kids calling 911 from inside the classrooms.

Meanwhile, police waiting for the man to arrive with a key.

Can’t wait for the film and how they portray this.

Probably the janitor will be a German and there will be an evil Brit - played by Tom Ellis - stopping them from entering whilst the lead SWAT guy - played by Marky Mark - prays for them to get inside.

Absolute farce. America are moyseing themselves down the world table.

Remember that SAS guy 3 years ago in Nairobi on his day off piling into the mall repeatedly?

Shameful from the SWAT team. Robert Urich would roll in his grave.

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:07 AM
Hyman_Roth

Trump has come out and criticised those asking for stricter gun laws.

Such a breath of fresh air. Tearing up the rule book etc.

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:13 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Trump has come out and criticised those asking for stricter gun laws.

Such a breath of fresh air. Tearing up the rule book etc.
The great thing about Trump is that he is in nobody's pocket

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:35 AM
The taste of syphillis

Quote:
Apart from the NRA and people climbing into buildings dressed as buffalos and Vikings…. ie his core support for being re- elected

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:39 AM
Buck

How do these people live with themselves? Mental health definitely needs looking at but they clearly only roll that out as an excuse.

Quote:
Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that the Uvalde school shooter had a "mental health challenge" and the state needed to "do a better job with mental health" — yet in April he slashed $211 million from the department that oversees mental health programs.

In addition, Texas ranked last out of all 50 states and the District of Columbia for overall access to mental health care, according to the 2021 State of Mental Health in America report.

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of syphillis
Apart from the NRA and people climbing into buildings dressed as buffalos and Vikings…. ie his core support for being re- elected
Think next time I need to flag the sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
How do these people live with themselves? Mental health definitely needs looking at but they clearly only roll that out as an excuse.
I've got an idea to solve the mental health crisis in young adults. Simply over-prescribe them with dozens of drugs that over-stimulate or depress the central nervous system and cause rapid and unpredictable mood disorders.

What could go wrong?

(Syphers: I'm not being serious)

Unread 28-05-2022, 09:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Think next time I need to flag the sarcasm?
I’ve resorted to making ridiculously ott stupid comments so people get it on here and they still sometimes miss it.

Unread 28-05-2022, 09:49 AM
jem

Quote:
those hunting gilets have a lot of pockets.

Unread 28-05-2022, 11:29 AM
armchair

Unread 28-05-2022, 11:34 AM
Bunker Buster

So 11:33 he enters the school...

11:35 there are 7 officers inside the school and engaging...

Why is there shit coming there way ? That's 2 minutes and they are already taking casualties and reacting....

Seems like he locked himself in 1 classroom and took out the class

There's really not much you can do....

2 AR's V a classroom of kids

Unread 28-05-2022, 11:58 AM
Sapien

Quote:
So 11:33 he enters the school...

11:35 there are 7 officers inside the school and engaging...

Why is there shit coming there way ? That's 2 minutes and they are already taking casualties and reacting....

Seems like he locked himself in 1 classroom and took out the class

There's really not much you can do....

2 AR's V a classroom of kids
Most cowardly thing I can possibly imagine. f***ing pathetic specimen.

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Most cowardly thing I can possibly imagine. f***ing pathetic specimen.
Absolutely sickening......almost impossible to prevent or counter if you don't remove the weapons......

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Absolutely sickening......almost impossible to prevent or counter if you don't remove the weapons......
This is where the ‘people kill people’ argument doesn’t hold up. Yes, they do, but not with the scale and ease as they do with semi/automatic weapons.

He’s some scrawny f***ing 18 year old gimp. He’s not causing that kind of damage through any other means. give him a knife and he’d do nothing. Give him a shotgun and he’d get two rounds in before being mauled.

He can just liberally spray bullets around with ease.

It’s not just about how easily they can get these weapons, it’s how easy it makes the actual act too.

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:20 PM
Fat Al

New poster girl for the NRA

Bloke with long criminal record tries to shoot up an outdoor birthday party with an illegally owned AR-15 - female bystander takes him down (with legally held weapon).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61615236

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is where the ‘people kill people’ argument doesn’t hold up. Yes, they do, but not with the scale and ease as they do with semi/automatic weapons.

He’s some scrawny f***ing 18 year old gimp. He’s not causing that kind of damage through any other means. give him a knife and he’d do nothing. Give him a shotgun and he’d get two rounds in before being mauled.

He can just liberally spray bullets around with ease.

It’s not just about how easily they can get these weapons, it’s how easy it makes the actual act too.
I think you underestimate shotguns but agreed other than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
New poster girl for the NRA

Bloke with long criminal record tries to shoot up an outdoor birthday party with an illegally owned AR-15 - female bystander takes him down (with legally held weapon).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61615236
Should start using their own arguments back on them. This was obviously a false flag incident designed to distract from the school shooting.

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think you underestimate shotguns but agreed other than that

Should start using their own arguments back on them. This was obviously a false flag incident designed to distract from the school shooting.
Happy to concede I know f*** all about guns, but there does seem to be two entirely different worlds in terms of guns that require effort, skill and time and others that little p****s like him can just use to point at something they want to disappear.