United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2022, 10:54 AM
20LEgend1999

I reckon if we'd have told Erik he could sign any one player in the world, this is who he'd have picked. Great work by the club.

Apparently Daley Blind has had a word and convinced him. Club legend.

Unread 10-06-2022, 10:55 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This has to be one of our most boring transfer sagas.
Nothing will top Maguire being chased for a year. Maybe Sancho. I was sick of hearing about them both by the time we actually signed them. If we pull this off with relative speed then it’ll be a refreshing change.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:01 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Nothing will top Maguire being chased for a year. Maybe Sancho. I was sick of hearing about them both by the time we actually signed them. If we pull this off with relative speed then it’ll be a refreshing change.
Definitely the most frustrating.

He should have been here a year earlier

Probably would have saved Mou his job and won us the league with the squad we had around him at the time

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:02 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
This has to be one of our most boring transfer sagas.
Nope - that would be the Jadon Sancho 'saga'.

And look how he turned out...

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Jethro

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:03 AM
Zorg

Quote:
https://twitter.com/mrtommcdermott/s...8mBduSG2T97VYw

Probably would have saved Mou his job and won us the league with the squad we had around him at the time
Wonder what Blind told him? Well, the weather's shit, you won't be appreciated, the wifi doesn't work, but tbf there's are branches of Greggs everywhere.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wonder what Blind told him? Well, the weather's shit, you won't be appreciated, the wifi doesn't work, but tbf there's are branches of Greggs everywhere.
Wonderful canals and curry

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
There's not that much water in the ham...

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
https://twitter.com/mrtommcdermott/s...8mBduSG2T97VYw

The frustrating thing being Maguire actually signed.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:33 AM
pc6090

So we spent weeks having to convince him to come and immediately go low on our bids to show him how much we want him 🤷‍♂️

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:33 AM
marlo

him and fred in the engine room will be W significant upgrade.

we can fund signing an intelligent attacking midfielder and offset it against the proceeds of selling Bruno next summwr

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:35 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

The frustrating thing being Maguire actually signed.
Horrendous player. Very interesting to read back over old threads from before he signed and just after - lots of anti-sages.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:39 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
him and fred in the engine room will be W significant upgrade.

we can fund signing an intelligent attacking midfielder and offset it against the proceeds of selling Bruno next summwr
Did Bruno sleep with your side chick or something?

I'd be happy with Fred and FDJ next season. We can't fix all issues in 1 summer. If we can get FDJ, a full back, centre back and a striker; we'll improve dramatically. Will the club spend £200-250m that it would take to achieve that? Feels unlikely tbh.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:47 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Did Bruno sleep with your side chick or something?

I'd be happy with Fred and FDJ next season. We can't fix all issues in 1 summer. If we can get FDJ, a full back, centre back and a striker; we'll improve dramatically. Will the club spend £200-250m that it would take to achieve that? Feels unlikely tbh.
Bruno is shit.

it’s become more common knowledge everywhere but here.

i just hope we can sell him before his stocks falls like rashford who i voiced similar concerns about when people thought it i was crazy for doing so.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:51 AM
AK14

De Jong, Sangare, Timber and Eriksen for £130m (ish) would be a good window on paper

Pelestri, Amad, Garner and Hannibal promoted

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
De Jong, Sangare, Timber and Eriksen for £130m (ish) would be a good window on paper

Pelestri, Amad, Garner and Hannibal promoted
Not having the Antony links then?

Still need to find a striker from somewhere, even a bit of a punt on potential imo.

Unread 10-06-2022, 11:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Bruno is shit.

it’s become more common knowledge everywhere but here.

i just hope we can sell him before his stocks falls like rashford who i voiced similar concerns about when people thought it i was crazy for doing so.
You did backtrack on Rashford though after PSG during Ole’s temp gig.

Unread 10-06-2022, 12:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not having the Antony links then?

Still need to find a striker from somewhere, even a bit of a punt on potential imo.
Reckon he’ll do one more season at Ajax…

Would give us the opportunity to give Pelestri and Amad a decent look.

Agree on striker though… what’s Igalho up to these days?

Unread 10-06-2022, 12:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You did backtrack on Rashford though after PSG during Ole’s temp gig.
was a brief false dawn

Unread 10-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Stickman

Quote:
was a brief false dawn
Not as bright as Dawn.
Closed Thread