United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2022, 09:42 PM
browser

Reminds me of the Moyes summer we chased Fabregas for ten weeks and had to settle for Fellaini

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:09 AM
saffers

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:14 AM
armchair

Him and TImber and I'd be thrilled. With Donny coming back to his rightful home.

vds on donny:

“He can play in different positions in midfield – he can be a six or an eight or a 10, he has a great eye for a goal. His technique is brilliant, he can go box to box,”

“I’d compare him a little bit to Scholesy, although Scholesy had a cracker of a shot from 30/40 yards out and that’s not Donny’s strength, but he likes to come into the box and chip in with goals.

"He’s multi-functional, he can play a little bit deeper which I think is his preferred role."

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:16 AM
Coracao

S2C VDS losing his eye sight.

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Other stories knocking around that PSG and City are going for him. If that’s the case, we’re in trouble.

Either way, this needs sorting one way or another soon. With the need for 4-5 new players and the early season start, we can’t afford to be #@&%!ing about like we normally do.

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:29 PM
Drexl

"Straining" would have been a better verb imho

Or thretching

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:41 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Him and TImber and I'd be thrilled. With Donny coming back to his rightful home.

vds on donny:

“He can play in different positions in midfield – he can be a six or an eight or a 10, he has a great eye for a goal. His technique is brilliant, he can go box to box,”

“I’d compare him a little bit to Scholesy, although Scholesy had a cracker of a shot from 30/40 yards out and that’s not Donny’s strength, but he likes to come into the box and chip in with goals.

"He’s multi-functional, he can play a little bit deeper which I think is his preferred role."
£#%&!ing hell. I'm struggling to make a worse player to player comparison. Jessie lingard and Maradona?

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
£#%&!ing hell. I'm struggling to make a worse player to player comparison. Jessie lingard and Maradona?
He's scored over 120 goals under ETH at Ajax, the point he's making us he's a midfielder who can and will score you goals....

Not hard is it.

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:55 PM
Dr Stranger

I like how comparing style equates to suggesting they’re just as good.

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's scored over 120 goals under ETH at Ajax, the point he's making us he's a midfielder who can and will score you goals....

Not hard is it.

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:57 PM
armchair

Donny was supposed to go to Real.

Unread 06-06-2022, 12:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
The Dutch Julien Faubert.

Unread 06-06-2022, 01:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The Dutch Julien Faubert.

Wait. Does that make us West Ham?

Quote:

Not seen Beeky drop one on someone’s toe 70 yards away ever, nevermind 20 times a game ffs.

Unread 06-06-2022, 01:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Seduce, eh?

?s=21&t=EcOLHo4vragUsYJWbpSQVA

Unread 06-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Not hard is it.
He's scored 38 goals combined for ajax, United, Everton and the Netherlands.

Unread 06-06-2022, 02:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He's scored 38 goals combined for ajax, United, Everton and the Netherlands.
That's also incorrect, but apologies, I meant games played ..

Unread 06-06-2022, 02:39 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:

vds on donny:

Be like a new signing etc...

Unread 06-06-2022, 02:44 PM
Ronny

Not allowed to believe our own eyes now eh?
I suspected ETH appointment represents one last chance to get value from the rag tag squad the glazers have assembled, but to do it with a keeper who won’t come off his line and can’t kick for toffee and a 37 year old superstar striker really is asking a lot.
Now he is has to rehabilitate Donny as well.

Unread 06-06-2022, 04:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Would have had the white hankies out very quickly...

Unread 08-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Closed Thread