United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2022, 09:57 PM
Zorg

I don't know, those periods used to run in cycles, but when a club is backed by an entire country, and an oil one at that, they have a literally limitless amount of money. They could be at the top basically until climate change makes Abu Dhabi uninhabitable, hopefully around next April.

Unread 11-05-2022, 09:58 PM
goonlooca

City 5-1

Unread 11-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
5 years isn’t long. Kinda the point, mate. They’re making the most of it. Liverpool aren’t.
That doesn’t make any sense.

City are in the middle of a period of dominance that’s going to rival ours at our best, and you’re lapping it up just so Liverpool don’t get to celebrate in front of their fans or something.

Unread 11-05-2022, 09:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't know, those periods used to run in cycles, but when a club is backed by an entire country, and an oil one at that, they have a literally limitless amount of money. They could be at the top basically until climate change makes Abu Dhabi uninhabitable, hopefully around next April.
All the more frustrating for Liverpool 👍

Their best ever season doesn’t even include the title.

5 for city now.

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:00 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Putting aside what a wretched entity they are, from a footballing perspective City are like a well oiled machine at times in this league.

They've got liverpool breathing down their necks and they just turn up and score 9 goals in 2 games.

It's mad. When i think of title run ins we used to have, they were fraught with nerves, we'd drop silly points along the way, teams would run us hard.

Now it seems like the league can barely lay a glove on City and Liverpool. That's doesn't say much for our league tbh.
It’s amazing what a billion quid can do for you isn’t it. I can’t see a time in the next 20 years we’ll compete with these @#%&!s whilst the Glazers are in charge.

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That doesn’t make any sense.

City are in the middle of a period of dominance that’s going to rival ours at our best, and you’re lapping it up just so Liverpool don’t get to celebrate in front of their fans or something.
Lapping it up

You really do struggle with this one, don’t you? you seem to take great issue with the ‘lesser of two evils’ dynamic on every thread involving the two of them.

I hate Manchester City. I hate Liverpool more. I’m not glad city are winning it, but I’m glad Liverpool aren’t.

Nothing Manchester City do will ever rival us. They and the whole
Footballing world knows that.

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:07 PM
Zorg

Watford end their run of consecutive home defeats of eleven. Eleven home defeats on the spin.

Since their 4-1 home win against...

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:09 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Lapping it up

You really do struggle with this one, don’t you? you seem to take great issue with the ‘lesser of two evils’ dynamic on every thread involving the two of them.

I hate Manchester City. I hate Liverpool more. I’m not glad city aren’t winning it, but I’m glad Liverpool aren’t.

Nothing Manchester City do will ever rival us. They and the whole
Footballing world knows that.
Well in Doc

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It’s amazing what a billion quid can do for you isn’t it. I can’t see a time in the next 20 years we’ll compete with these @#%&!s whilst the Glazers are in charge.
Well i don't know about that but they've spent their money very well and we've thrown hundreds of millions down the toilet over the last 10 years.

Ironically if we'd actually invested even half of that money from 2009-2014 like we should have done instead of having to put up with the 'no value' %@#$&!s then the fall from grace when Fergie left might not have been so steep.

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:11 PM
goonlooca

City finish 5-1
Two games each left.
Three points clear plus 7 goals more

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
City finish 5-1
Two games each left.
Three points clear plus 7 goals more
Nice one mate. Was worried sick about how I’d find that out tonight.

Ethers

Quote:
I’m not glad city aren’t winning it, but I’m glad Liverpool aren’t.
Yes mate, I’m the one who struggles with things.

Have you ever thought about cutting down the length of your posts, and concentrating on checking the things you type out actually make sense?

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:13 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Nice one mate. Was worried sick about how I’d find that out tonight.
Sorry but that quad crap talk

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:14 PM
AK14

Crazy how much the GD has changed over the last week or so.

One more point should do it for city.

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:16 PM
andyroo

Inter winning the Coppa final 4-2 deep into extra time

Sparky***

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes mate, I’m the one who struggles with things.

Have you ever thought about cutting down the length of your posts, and concentrating on checking the things you type out actually make sense?
It made perfect sense.

Love it when people complain about post lengths on a forum where we’re all Just killing time. Not the first time you’ve mentioned it and replied several times taking issue with what I’ve posted, while ignoring any replies where I’ve agreed with points you’ve made.

Have you ever thought about blocking me? Might save a lot of time reading apparently long, nonsensical Man City-loving posts.

Unread 11-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
It made perfect sense.

Love it when people complain about post lengths on a forum where we’re all Just killing time. Not the first time you’ve mentioned it and replied several times taking issue with what I’ve post, while ignoring any replies where
I’ve agreed with points you’ve made.

Have you ever considered just blocking me?
Steady on mate. Public forum… not allowed to post more than 2 sentences

How dare you?!

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Crazy how much the GD has changed over the last week or so.

One more point should do it for city.
They’ve won their last 5 league games an aggregate score of 22-2 ffs. Sickening.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Steady on mate. Public forum… not allowed to post more than 2 sentences

How dare you?!
Agreed.
Closed Thread