United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 29-05-2022, 08:03 PM
AK14

Multiverse of Madness

Decent but not quite as good as I was hoping it to be after all the build up and leaks. Thatís one of the reasons why movies these days are all mainly meh imo, remember the days when there was no social media for spoilers and leaks and the first time youíd get to see a trailer for an upcoming movie was when you went to flicks to watch a filmÖ this were the days

Anyway, this was a bit of a letdown. I get that itís supposed to be a kids super hero movie but I wanted more of the Ďhorrorí and also why are special effects getting worse? The third eye shit looks ridiculous

Obviously thereís a lot of cheese in these movies anyway but it was loads of hammy bits and cringe in this.

After seeing a couple of cameos I think that put to bed a certain actor playing certain stretchy character tooÖ it just didnít work for me for some reason.

Loads better than Batmeh but still a little disappointed.

Unread 29-05-2022, 09:34 PM
puressence

Top gun absolutely phenomenal

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:57 PM
Buck

Game Night (2018) - entertaining and quite funny movie of a murder mystery game gone wrong.

The Ladykillers (1955) - was on the tv last night and even though I've seen it before it is a timeless classic. One of the greatest British movies of all time.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:02 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Multiverse of Madness

Decent but not quite as good as I was hoping it to be after all the build up and leaks. Thatís one of the reasons why movies these days are all mainly meh imo, remember the days when there was no social media for spoilers and leaks and the first time youíd get to see a trailer for an upcoming movie was when you went to flicks to watch a filmÖ this were the days

Anyway, this was a bit of a letdown. I get that itís supposed to be a kids super hero movie but I wanted more of the Ďhorrorí and also why are special effects getting worse? The third eye shit looks ridiculous

Obviously thereís a lot of cheese in these movies anyway but it was loads of hammy bits and cringe in this.

After seeing a couple of cameos I think that put to bed a certain actor playing certain stretchy character tooÖ it just didnít work for me for some reason.

Loads better than Batmeh but still a little disappointed.
I know what you mean oddly enough.

I have no super desire to rewatch this - it wasn't a patch on NWH - and the Multiverse was really underplayed. The main other universe was hyper similar to ours - a missed opportunity imho.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:02 PM
dunk

Multiverse of Madness - I throughly enjoyed it tbh. Not top tier in the MCU but not far off. Some proper Ham and Cheese from Cumberbatch too

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Jethro

Back to the Future - Classic film nights with the kids on a Sunday evening. They loved it. Timeless excuse the pun.

Robbo - My absolute hero. I like chronicling his career by season. Agree with Lineker that a fully fit Robbo would have brought home at least one World Cup.

Supersonic - Can't stand the music of Oasis but this is one hell of a story. Didn't know how bad things were from the off.

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

I have no super desire to rewatch this - it wasn't a patch on NWH - and the Multiverse was really underplayed. The main other universe was hyper similar to ours - a missed opportunity imho.
Itís like they used the multiverse as a tester for actors playing certain characters, they can they gauge the reaction of fans etc and whether they move forward with those actors and characters.

Like you said it should have been so much better than it was and they definitely missed a great opportunity.

Finally Mr. Fantastic and Professor X in the MCU and it just felt a bit meh.

Iíve got a bad feeling Thor Love and Thunder will be a massive disappointment too. Obviously Thor will need saving from Jane Foster and Valkyrie multiple times through the movie.

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Time For Heroes

Jelly Fish - Story about a 15yo growing up in Margate who gets encouraged to do stand up by her teacher. Grim for the most part as she struggles to hold things together but brilliantly portrayed by the actress in her first film 7.54/10

The Nest - So called psychological drama with Jude Law about him being some big shot moving back to England from America to some massive house in Surrey. Gave up watching after an hour as didn't care about any of the characters, some busters though 4.5/10

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Itís like they used the multiverse as a tester for actors playing certain characters, they can they gauge the reaction of fans etc and whether they move forward with those actors and characters.

Like you said it should have been so much better than it was and they definitely missed a great opportunity.

Finally Mr. Fantastic and Professor X in the MCU and it just felt a bit meh.

Iíve got a bad feeling Thor Love and Thunder will be a massive disappointment too. Obviously Thor will need saving from Jane Foster and Valkyrie multiple times through the movie.
Itís like watching toddlers learning to walk. Youíre getting there lads. Itís all aboard the batmobile, and you bloody well know it.

Unread 30-05-2022, 07:43 PM
suedeshoes

The Contractor on Amazon. Boring

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Sparky***

Top Gun: Maverick

f***. Yeah.

All the best bits of the 80s, with all the best bits of modern action cinema.

I feel the need for TOM CRUISE IN A FIGHTER JET

9 bogeys on my tail out of 10

Unread 31-05-2022, 02:08 PM
AK14

Morbius

Actually enjoyed it and thought it was slightly better than MoM.

Best bat related superhero movie this year nqat.

Unread 01-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Baron

Top Gun: Maverick

Couldn't have been any better - a ridiculous amount of fun & made going to the cinema (IMAX) an event for once rather than a pain in the arse.

Unread 01-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Jethro

Maverick reds

Hangman low key highlight of the film. I let out a very audible f*** yeah during his big scene.

Unread 01-06-2022, 02:56 PM
dunk

Iíve never even seen the original Top Gun

Unread 02-06-2022, 09:00 AM
windy waffles

Saw Top Gun the day it came out. Not heard a bad word said about it. Absolutely brilliant and even more impressive that all the action scenes were legit. Bearing in mind, when the idea was first mooted, it was widely panned, it was as good, if not better, than the original.

10/10

Unread 03-06-2022, 12:12 AM
dunk

Chip ĎN Dale - Wanted, and expected, it to be shite and to hate it, itís brilliant

Unread 03-06-2022, 01:13 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Saw Top Gun the day it came out. Not heard a bad word said about it. Absolutely brilliant and even more impressive that all the action scenes were legit. Bearing in mind, when the idea was first mooted, it was widely panned, it was as good, if not better, than the original.

10/10

Err one

Unread 03-06-2022, 05:37 PM
My Name is Heath

Can vouch for Top Gun Maverick

What. A. Film.

Canít praise it enough. Shits all over Batmeh.

10/10

Quote:

What. A. Film.

10/10
Great post mate. You can be my wingman anytime!

Quote:

What. A. Film.

10/10

Great post mate. You can be my wingman anytime!
Bullshit pal - you can be mine :-)

Unread 03-06-2022, 09:25 PM
My Name is Heath

Couple of semi spoilers

Spoiler:
click to showhide
I got 2 nods to The Right Stuff

1) Maverick surviving an ejection and turning up burnt but in one piece surely a nod to Chuck Yaeger

2) mentioning the elephant on the chest. In TRS they mention that after surviving the centrifugal force exercises, theyíd get a badge of an elephant as reference to it feeling like n elephant sitting on your chest.

Also loved how Hangman kicked arse at the end.

Super professional pilot would still be a team player.

Great moment.

click to showhide