United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It was clearly a joke, mate. Lighten up.
I'm sorry. I take everything far too seriously. it's a curse.

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm sorry. I take everything far too seriously. it's a curse.
It’s what makes you a forum stalwart

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:42 PM
jem

Quote:
It’s what makes you a forum stalwart
wait... what? no. it was a joke. I don't take anything seriously.

except biscuits.

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
wait... what? no. it was a joke. I don't take anything seriously.

except biscuits.
Fair 👍

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:08 PM
Dr Stranger

I was waiting for Pop to back up my sentiment 👍

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:13 PM
Pop

Quote:
I was waiting for Pop to back up my sentiment 👍
And £#%&! him again

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Strange signing as he doesn’t suit the way guardiola plays. Suspect he won’t be happy with guardiola come the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree.

Ultimately he’ll flop imo.
Some proper wishful thinking here.

A scarecrow could probably score 10 goals up front for City, given the amount of chances they make. He’s going to run in loads.

Unread 13-06-2022, 04:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Some proper wishful thinking here.

A scarecrow could probably score 10 goals up front for City, given the amount of chances they make. He’s going to run in loads.
This. Him and that big lanky #@&%! at Liverpool are going to smash it. They’re going into sides that create a shit tonne of chances and everyone knows what they’re doing. Frankly, they’re not really our concern. We’re not anywhere near them right now and they’re two players we were never going to get.

Just gotta do us and look to improve.

Unread 13-06-2022, 05:03 PM
saffers

Quote:
Harsh on Haaland etc
Haaland rejected him tbf....

Unread 13-06-2022, 05:18 PM
armchair

He'll be like Ruud was for us. The only hope is Guardiola tries to break him and make him relearn everything he knows about football or some nonsense.

Unread 13-06-2022, 05:38 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He'll be like Ruud was for us. The only hope is Guardiola tries to break him and make him relearn everything he knows about football or some nonsense.
It's a bit like Grealish - he's going from most fouled player to someone who needs to learn that citeh aren't about that and want to keep the ball moving.

A lot of Haaland's goals look to be from break away passes rather than from the sort of measured approach the berts seem to play. Plenty of time for the recent injuries to reoccur too.

Unread 13-06-2022, 09:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Maybe he'll cause ructions with Foden or some @#%&!.

Probably not though

Unread 13-06-2022, 09:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
This. Him and that big lanky #@&%! at Liverpool are going to smash it. They’re going into sides that create a shit tonne of chances and everyone knows what they’re doing. Frankly, they’re not really our concern. We’re not anywhere near them right now and they’re two players we were never going to get.

Just gotta do us and look to improve.
Exactly. Raheem sterling who needs about 5 sitters to score 1 goal manages about 20 goals for them every £#%&!ing season. Haaland will be up there with Kane and Salah competing for the golden boot.

It's just what we have to deal with. They're in the luxury position now of adding cherries to their cake.

Unread 14-06-2022, 10:10 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly. Raheem sterling who needs about 5 sitters to score 1 goal manages about 20 goals for them every £#%&!ing season. Haaland will be up there with Kane and Salah competing for the golden boot.

It's just what we have to deal with. They're in the luxury position now of adding cherries to their cake.
Yep… and ours has gone soggy in the middle and we’re having to start again to expand on your cakey metaphor.

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:05 AM
suedeshoes

He'll score £#%&!ing loads for them.

Unread 18-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Pop

€128m release clause in his contract that can be triggered in 2025.

Maybe he won't be there for the long haul then. Though it'll probably depend on how much City bung him under the table.

Unread 18-06-2022, 12:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
€128m release clause in his contract that can be triggered in 2025.

Maybe he won't be there for the long haul then. Though it'll probably depend on how much City bung him under the table.
since the abu dhabi lot took over they've not lost a single player who was at their peak. I doubt haaland will be in any rush to leave

Unread 18-06-2022, 06:17 PM
92ToBury

Another bert lie unpicked about Haaland being a lifelong bluenose. Got rid of the kit as soon as his dad left:

Unread 11-07-2022, 04:10 PM
Sparky***

I see they unveiled lurch yesterday, Still had to somehow bring the top of conversation round to United

Also he's suddenly changed his football idols from Zlatan and Ronaldo, which he was quoted as saying when he was at Dortmund to "aguero" now he's at City.

Unread 11-07-2022, 04:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Far be from me to urinate in my pants before the seasons started but I do fear this will be Knockers and my nightmare come true this year.

We say the same thing most years but I genuinely can’t see anyone challenging them for the league or the CL. The rest is within their grasp too.
Closed Thread