United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-12-2020, 01:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Itís also delivered from a part of the pitch you canít play any other pass from, you canít be offside from it, and unlike any other pass the opposition generally has time to reset their shape before it. Other than that though....

Definitely ignored mind and provides some unique opportunities. I remember laughing at the dippers appointing a throw in coach tbh but whoís laughing now
Itís the movement of the ball from one of your players to another. Just because itís mechanically different and has different characteristics the aim is exactly the same. A keeper throwing it out is mechanically different as well, are you disputing thatís a pass as well?

I get that your base motivation is to be as contrary as possible, but maybe be a little more selective?

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:10 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This is something the vermin identified when they appointed that throw in coach.

PL's average for retained possession under pressure was 48%. He increased the vermin's to 68%.
Surprised they haven't had a DVD out, "100 Great Anfield Throw-ins".

You know why it's 100....

Unread 24-12-2020, 04:08 PM
puressence

Games 5 days ago still going on about it. Heís f***ing ruined bielsa 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 24-12-2020, 07:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I donít know who is feeding him his stats

Incorrect

Except for the goals scored of course
I suspect its a highly flexible definition of "chances" in both cases.

Unread 24-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Vida_15

quite a long rant/explanation of their analysis of the game

all the stats don't mean shit if you lost 6-2 and should have lost by a hell of a lot more

Unread 24-12-2020, 08:50 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Still not quite got over the analysis and reaction to this game.

I feel as though I'm relatively knowledgable about the sport, but this game certainly made me realise how little I actually know.

I would have thought that a side conceding 6 goals against a bitter rival during a heavy defeat would come under some type of criticism, yet the opposite has happened. The praise has been universal!

Praise for their energy levels, the constant focus on attack, the pressing up until the final minute. I've been left utterly confused. What about the fact they conceded 6 (six!) goals in a derby game against a bitter, bitter rival in an embarrassing defeat? Utterly mental coverage, and my hate for Gary Neville increases once again. BielsaBall is a load of balls from what I saw.

Unread 24-12-2020, 09:39 PM
armchair

This is quite entertaining as not everyone is the room is a Leeds United supporter. In fact, I think there is only one.It's kind of odd. The two guys in blue are laughing at leeds and their leeds supporting pal.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:02 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
This is quite entertaining as not everyone is the room is a Leeds United supporter. In fact, I think there is only one.It's kind of odd. The two guys in blue are laughing at leeds and their leed supporting pal.

https://youtu.be/rRjtCcZ5KJw
Not one mask the c***s 🤣🤣

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:04 PM
armchair

I wonder does he supply the booze and sweets and that's why they come on. The laughing guys in blue show barely any interest apart from laughing at leeds and winding him up.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:07 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Still not quite got over the analysis and reaction to this game.

I feel as though I'm relatively knowledgable about the sport, but this game certainly made me realise how little I actually know.

I would have thought that a side conceding 6 goals against a bitter rival during a heavy defeat would come under some type of criticism, yet the opposite has happened. The praise has been universal!

Praise for their energy levels, the constant focus on attack, the pressing up until the final minute. I've been left utterly confused. What about the fact they conceded 6 (six!) goals in a derby game against a bitter, bitter rival in an embarrassing defeat? Utterly mental coverage, and my hate for Gary Neville increases once again. BielsaBall is a load of balls from what I saw.
Itís weird they were annihilated. Could have been 8 or10 but the story is all about Leedsí great football. It was a f***ing stuffing.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:11 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Itís weird they were annihilated. Could have been 8 or10 but the story is all about Leedsí great football. It was a f***ing stuffing.
It's like something you'd say if it was an under 11 side badly beaten.

Great job guys chasing around. The score isn't important. Running around, getting exercise is the important thing.

So patronising.

Unread 24-12-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Bielsa's reaction is not unlike Mou Mou's to the Spurs loss at Liverpool, only even sillier and less factually based.

If it similarly results in Leeds losing their next few games, they are going to be just a bit in the shit.