United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 11-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Grimson

ffs, just heard from the owner of Blake's first doggie friend, Kiki. Always had severe separation anxiety, and jumped out a 3rd floor window to try to follow him to work. Broken legs & spine, had to be put down.

RIP Kiki.

Unread 11-03-2014, 11:22 PM
naes_sean

Jesus, that's awful.

We've decided not to tell the kids until it's time to make that horrible trip to the vets.

Unread 11-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Jesus, that's awful.

We've decided not to tell the kids until it's time to make that horrible trip to the vets.
How did this start, sean? Were there symptoms, or did they just discover it randomly? (if you don't mind saying)

Unread 11-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Sparky***

Jesus this thread has taken a turn for the depressing:

Here's some stuff to cheer you up.

Unread 12-03-2014, 12:35 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
How did this start, sean? Were there symptoms, or did they just discover it randomly? (if you don't mind saying)
Started with swelling under her armpit. Vet said it was fatty tissue. We went to vegas last week for my birthday. Came home and she had lumps in her throat, armpits, hips, and groin. She looked as if she lost 10lbs in 4 days. We took her to a different vet today and got the news.
They said it's very aggressive and she's got anemia. Guessing a couple of weeks. Dr said they could test the tumours to get a better idea but would be unnecessary because of the speed they're growing. All about keeping her comfortable. She's going to eat like a queen the next few weeks.

Unread 12-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Our 8 year old boxer has just been diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes and she's anemic. Not got long.

fuck off!

What the fuck am I to tell the kids. ffs.
Bout the same age as Jess, she was misdiagnosed first which ended with her suffering so much, I was having to carry her outside to piss and shit. Heart breaking. As many treats and cuddles as possible.

Unread 12-03-2014, 01:44 AM
bicyclerepairman

not a dog, but i had to get the vet around our place yesterday to put johnny, my rat, to sleep.
he had the lung disease that most rats succumb to.
in the end he simply couldn't get enough air into his lungs anymore due to the lungs gradually filling with liquid over the last few months.

it may sound funny to some of you because he was 'only' a rat. but a pet is a pet, whatever species it happens to be. a life is a life that no longer exists.

Unread 12-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman
not a dog, but i had to get the vet around our place yesterday to put johnny, my rat, to sleep.
in the end he simply couldn't get enough air into his lungs anymore due to the lungs gradually filling with liquid over the last few months.

it may sound funny to some of you because he was 'only' a rat. but a pet is a pet, whatever species it happens to be. a life is a life that no longer exists.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Unread 12-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:

I had two rats while I was at uni. Brilliant creatures - very intelligent and clean. Their bad rep is entirely undeserved. Sorry to hear about yours.

But this thread is for dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Jesus this thread has taken a turn for the depressing:

Here's some stuff to cheer you up.

Happy and excited dogs - Funny dog compilation - YouTube

Unread 12-03-2014, 09:42 AM
silv

Quote:

RIP Johnny the rat