United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:23 PM
irk

state of the gaps in the floor

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:28 PM
DuanePipe

Way too many cases of Fredsters dogs getting attacked in public. Proves my theory that there is an exceptional number of cuntish dog owners in the UK who are unable or unwilling to stop their dogs from attacking other dogs. Just on my normal daily dog walk I'll encounter probably 10 to 20 dogs and their owners. I reckon I'm being generous if I say that 10% of those dogs anything like properly trained. Dogs who are hard to train and manage but have an owner who tries hard, I can live with. It's the arseholes who either know their dog is willing to sink its teeth in to other dogs and just don't seem to care or those people who just let their dogs charge off and make no effort to get them under control. Those folks don't deserve to have a dog.

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
state of the gaps in the floor
Stay focused on the wounds suffered by my canine pride and joy Kevin McCloud.

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Way too many cases of Fredsters dogs getting attacked in public. Proves my theory that there is an exceptional number of cuntish dog owners in the UK who are unable or unwilling to stop their dogs from attacking other dogs. Just on my normal daily dog walk I'll encounter probably 10 to 20 dogs and their owners. I reckon I'm being generous if I say that 10% of those dogs anything like properly trained. Dogs who are hard to train and manage but have an owner who tries hard, I can live with. It's the arseholes who either know their dog is willing to sink its teeth in to other dogs and just don't seem to care or those people who just let their dogs charge off and make no effort to get them under control. Those folks don't deserve to have a dog.
Adopting a retired greyhound manages these kinds of issues out. First, they are trained early on with the leash meaning they are Christians when it comes to walks. Secondly, you muzzle them for the first few weeks after adoption to check they are not aggressive around small dogs, cats etc. As sight hounds you have to have a fenced in garden where they can't get out, they have no road sense and would chase a squirrel over the M25 so can only be let loose in the woods/beaches etc

Didn't work out for our lad last week. Owners must have known their dog had previous.

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:38 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Stay focused on the wounds suffered by my canine pride and joy Kevin McCloud.

one can't help but feel, in retrospect (with the benefit of hindsight designed to make me seem very very wise) that rougers' decision to install cheap wooden flooring sourced from one of those hand-written signs installed at traffic lights, and installed by a man with more criminal convictions than building BTECs, has somehow detracted from the feel, the fluency, the holistic tone of the project.

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

one can't help but feel, in retrospect (with the benefit of hindsight designed to make me seem very very wise) that rougers' decision to install cheap wooden flooring sourced from one of those hand-written signs installed at traffic lights, and installed by a man with more criminal convictions than building BTECs, has somehow detracted from the feel, the fluency, the holistic tone of the project.
You are clearly in error, your brain fried by too many fruitless trips round IKEA or (gasp) Dwell. It's an original oak floor from when the house was built circa 1919 it blends seamlessly into the post Great War "vibe" and it's veritable smorgasbord of shabby chic.

Plus the dog struggles to get up on it which can be amusing to witness if drinks have been imbibed. Neighbour told me he thought he could see a kangaroo in the garden till he realised it was the greyhound taking a shit.

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

To be fair it looks like a genuine pale oak, possibly chinese - nowt wrong with that though. Probably pre-finished and end matched. I would have had a wider strip, given rougers resources, but it all looks in order aside from that.

Edit: oh well, at least I got the oak bit right...

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Ethers

There's a fella who lives a few doors down from is with 2 enormous Great Danes. Beautiful creatures, but he keeps them shut in a tiny flat for 23 hours a day, and as a result they have severe aggression problems towards other dogs. He has no hope of controlling them when they want to go, I've seen him literally dragged across the pavement by one as it made a dash for a golden retriever being walked by a young girl. Awful business. Attacked a few dogs round here, yet still he won't even muzzle them. He's fully aware of how dangerous they are, and if you bump into them in the road he has to take his dogs to the other pavement and try to distract them.

The most infuriating thing is, as soon as he gets to the end of the road and reaches the beach, he lets them run free

Luckily I've not personally had any trouble with him, yet, but I have given him a friendly pre-emptive warning

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:54 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
You are clearly in error, your brain fried by too many fruitless trips round IKEA or (gasp) Dwell. It's an original oak floor from when the house was built circa 1919 it blends seamlessly into the post Great War "vibe" and it's veritable smorgasbord of shabby chic.

Plus the dog struggles to get up on it which can be amusing to witness if drinks have been imbibed. Neighbour told me he thought he could see a kangaroo in the garden till he realised it was the greyhound taking a shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
To be fair it looks like a genuine pale oak, possibly chinese - nowt wrong with that though. Probably pre-finished and end matched. I would have had a wider strip, given rougers resources, but it all looks in order aside from that.

Edit: oh well, at least I got the oak bit right...
fucking hell, get a room already you pair of big gays.

It's a lovely floor, alright? happy now?

Unread 18-10-2013, 12:58 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
fucking hell, get a room already you pair of big gays.