United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 23-12-2012, 09:52 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Do tell

Looks like I'm getting a cocker to go with my springer. 8 month old male, current owners aren't home enough to give it any attention. Asked if I knew anyone who would have it. Do love Spaniels tbf.
It's because I frequently brought up Hitler's admiration for the eugenics ideologies of the Kennel Club in the press and on the radio. I used to get press accreditation for Crufts and felt that in order to be totally fair and not just slag it off from a distance, I ought to attend and see for myself so I could pass comment. And I did, and have passed comment on it for years now (not in favourable terms). It culminated in the chief exec of the Kennel Club and myself having a straight slanging match during a live radio interview which was (and this is no WUM) later nominated for a Sony award. Proper noisy, insulting and a lot of fun for me.

Later in the day we (the Kennel Club chief exec and I) both appeared on the Alan Titchmarsh show live on ITV (rock AND roll) and it was stipulated that we must not share any space, dressing room, green room or other until the actual show - this was not my doing. I again started getting stuck in to the Kennel Club before Gloria Hunniford tried to defuse the tension by talking about her cute new puppy. The doderring old interuptosaurus should have kept her beak out - Titchmarsh was well up for letting us trade insults but it got cut short. I have not been welcomed back to Crufts since (unless I am prepared to re-consider by views).

Also, I was very active in getting Crufts dog show booted off the BBC. So I think it's possible they might hold a grudge about that too.

Unread 23-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
It's because I frequently brought up Hitler's admiration for the eugenics ideologies of the Kennel Club in the press and on the radio. I used to get press accreditation for Crufts and felt that in order to be totally fair and not just slag it off from a distance, I ought to attend and see for myself so I could pass comment. And I did, and have passed comment on it for years now (not in favourable terms). It culminated in the chief exec of the Kennel Club and myself having a straight slanging match during a live radio interview which was (and this is no WUM) later nominated for a Sony award. Proper noisy, insulting and a lot of fun for me.

Later in the day we (the Kennel Club chief exec and I) both appeared on the Alan Titchmarsh show live on ITV (rock AND roll) and it was stipulated that we must not share any space, dressing room, green room or other until the actual show - this was not my doing. I again started getting stuck in to the Kennel Club before Gloria Hunniford tried to defuse the tension by talking about her cute new puppy. The doderring old interuptosaurus should have kept her beak out - Titchmarsh was well up for letting us trade insults but it got cut short. I have not been welcomed back to Crufts since (unless I am prepared to re-consider by views).

Also, I was very active in getting Crufts dog show booted off the BBC. So I think it's possible they might hold a grudge about that too.
Boom

This confirms a theory I have long held - people don't like to be compared to Hitler.

Unread 23-12-2012, 10:15 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Duaners, top, anti-establishment, wolves Red

Unread 23-12-2012, 10:35 PM
bobbledinho

Hero

Unread 23-12-2012, 10:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe

i remember that whole scandal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_Dogs_Exposed

disgusting tbh

Unread 23-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i remember that whole scandal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_Dogs_Exposed

disgusting tbh
Normal fred response - "Not reading all that" - but that is an amazing read. Those show breeders are evil.

Mixes & mutts are where it's at.

Good work again, duaners.

Unread 24-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Gruber

Thumbs up Moxie aka my shadow

Unread 24-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Grimson

Cool little pup, Grubes. JRT I take it?

Unread 24-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Crumps

Budster is the spit of Jess. So cute but seeing the pic has depressed me.

Unread 24-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Grimson

Hi from the pillow fortress.