United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2012, 12:33 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I think he described it as a 'battle for the soul of football' in the build up Had a point tbf. The 1994 final has left an impression that the Milan team of that era was a relentless attacking machine, but that simply wasn't the case. The Sacchi style had all but disappeared by then and they were a far more conservative, typically Italian side. From memory, they the won the Scudetto that season scoring only 36 goals in 34 games :shakehead:

ric - The first leg in Italy was bent as £#%&!.
The eternal struggle. Reminds me of this game. Enjoy

Unread 02-09-2012, 12:46 AM
The Watcher

Heartbreaking game

I prefer to remember the games where the good guys won:

The Beautiful Team

Unread 02-09-2012, 03:47 AM
M-13

Did well here did becks.

His job mark R. Charlton.

Alf takes Charlton off Becks has free role, Destroys England what a @#%&! Alf

Bonetti :shakehead:

Unread 02-09-2012, 07:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Overall, Cruyff.

If you weight the talent of the player in to the overall score he would only have needed to be a moderately successful manager to win this theoretical competition. As he was patently not a moderately successful manager, he was a top drawer manager, you bolt that on to what he was as a player and he wins easily imo.

As far as English contenders go, Brian Clough played 274 senior games and scored 251 times. As a manager, he defined two clubs entire history.
not Mick McCarthy?

Unread 02-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Scabs

Sir Alf Ramsey.

Unread 02-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I think he described it as a 'battle for the soul of football' in the build up Had a point tbf. The 1994 final has left an impression that the Milan team of that era was a relentless attacking machine, but that simply wasn't the case. The Sacchi style had all but disappeared by then and they were a far more conservative, typically Italian side. From memory, they the won the Scudetto that season scoring only 36 goals in 34 games :shakehead:

ric - The first leg in Italy was bent as £#%&!.
Sampdoria were the best team to watch that season.

Gullit, Mancini, Lombardo, Platt ( )

Inter nearly got relegated.

Unread 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Knockers

Early to mid 90s Milan were the coolest team there has ever been. The kits, the smoke all over the stadium, everything about them was £#%&!ing class. Loved football Italia, me. James Richardson in a piazza translating the gazzetta dello sport

Unread 02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Heartbreaking game

I prefer to remember the games where the good guys won:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrjevD2vhk

The Beautiful Team
Might be worth mentioning here that Felix died last week, aged 74. Apart from one who died in a car crash in the 1970s, he is the first from that iconic team to pass away

RIP in peace mate, even if you were a bit dodgy truth be told ;-)

Unread 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Early to mid 90s Milan were the coolest team there has ever been. The kits, the smoke all over the stadium, everything about them was £#%&!ing class. Loved football Italia, me. James Richardson in a piazza translating the gazzetta dello sport

that programme was responsible for my first favourite player being baggio

Unread 02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

One of the fondest memories of my childhood.

Closed Thread