United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He's miles better than Park.

Not saying I want us to go there but it's a bit harsh comparing him to Park.
Parks done it in Champions League semi finals and been our stand out in a league decider (granted he was pitiful in our last one)

I think our fans seriously underestimate hs time here due to the fact hes not technically great. Pienaar is nice technically, but could he have done what Park has done for us when it so often mattered? Im not sold on that at all. Saying Pienaar is miles better than PArk is a perfect example of the 'their players are so much better than our players' mentality imo.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:16 PM
bored

Best value signing was Jelavic.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Parks done it in Champions League semi finals and been our stand out in a league decider (granted he was pitiful in our last one)

I think our fans seriously underestimate hs time here due to the fact hes not technically great. Pienaar is nice technically, but could he have done what Park has done for us when it so often mattered? Im not sold on that at all. Saying Pienaar is miles better than PArk is a perfect example of the 'their players are so much better than our players' mentality imo.
True, however he's failed to perform his usual comeback miracle this season.

Maybe he didn't get enough games to re-establish himself this time around. I dunno. But he's looked awful.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
True, however he's failed to perform his usual comeback miracle this season.

Maybe he didn't get enough games to re-establish himself this time around. I dunno. But he's looked awful.
I agree completely.

But I just think the majority can be a little harsh on evaluating Parks time with us. Was absolutely storming that day we tonked Chelsea 3-0 in the title race with Liverpool too despite many before the game saying he shouldnt be playing. Scored some big goals too, about 6 past Arsenal, a couple past Chelsea (one in which was huge) and hes bagged at Anfield.

Thought he rarely let us down when rotated in too over hectic Xmas schedules and especially in the 06-07 run in with goals against Villa, a double over Bolton and in the Blackburn 4-1. Id say at 4 million he was certainly a success on the whole over 7 years.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:25 PM
tatty

Park's great in a very talented side when working like a dog disrupting the oppositions posession.

You don't need a Park in a side full of ale house cloggers like we're blessed with at the moment.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:25 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

If you could get Stuart Holden fit and well he looked like quite a player for Bolton. Not been fit for a long time thought and he might not be too keen to be in the same dressing room as Evans.

Junior Hoilett would also be a reasonable signing although work permit might be an issue.

Matt Javis? He has impressed me at times but then I've never really watched him closely enough to be sure he's any good. Probably the best of the bad bunch that crash out of the premiership so early this season.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:28 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:29 PM
borsuk

duncan ferguson, roy keane and jaap stam

not exactly mobile anymore, true, but i bet they're all still £#%&!ing nails

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:29 PM
borsuk

Quote:

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Stickman

Quote:
laughed when I scrolled down to see id been quoted and that was it, THAT.

Unread 18-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:
You're perfectly correct of course

Unread 18-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Harri Jaffa

If we want to look at Value long term we should hire the scouting teams for Atl Bilbao and Madrid

Unread 18-05-2012, 05:29 PM
sudored

We need to get Alan Carrs dad in

Unread 18-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Kagawa, Debuchy, Drogba

Unread 18-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
If we want to look at Value long term we should hire the scouting teams for Atl Bilbao and Madrid
Especially Madrid, as they uncovered that unknown gem Falcao who absolutely nobody was banging on about over and over as far back as 2007.

Unread 18-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Zorg

Me
My gran
My gran's mate, Elaine.

Unread 18-05-2012, 06:10 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Me
My gran
My gran's mate, Elaine.
Well done Zorg, now your gran is going to get Patrick Vieira turning up at her door.

Unread 18-05-2012, 06:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Me
My gran
My gran's mate, Elaine.
doubt we can afford elaine unless we offer anderson in part ex

Unread 18-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Well done Zorg, now your gran is going to get Patrick Vieira turning up at her door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
doubt we can afford elaine unless we offer anderson in part ex

Elaine lives next door too so Vieira will only have to make one trip.

'Only God knows'.

Unread 18-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Osman

Rhodes and

Dempsey
Closed Thread